[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Posting again as discussing this has been more helpful than expected.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

Posting again as discussing this has been more helpful than expected.
Just started dating (not yet in relationship) a 20yo girl whose parents track her every move via phone GPS and constantly check in with her. Didnt really consider the implications until tonight, first on our possible relationship but 2nd on her development into becoming an independent functional adult. She's extremely shy generally and i think her parents may be at least partially responsible for her introversion.
Idk her well enough yet to encourage her to tell her parents to back the fuck off but their behavior disgusts me.

What should i do? What advice should i give her beyond the obvious that she needs to have a serious talk with them about trust, respect, transition to adulthood, natural development of independence and the harm they are doing?

Also what advice would you give me in attempting to date a sweet girl who happens to be very shy? I think she could be a serious catch if she could escape the grasp of her helicopter parents and get out and experience life without the safety net.

Also I'm an independent 25y.o. male living on my own. She lives on campus/with parents on breaks.
>>
I don't know about your situation OP, but what kind of engine is that? It's beautiful.
>>
>>17969067
Regular old overhead cam 4 stroke gas
>>
>>17969086
>overhead cam 4 stroke gas
Thanks. I kept confusing it with an expanding steam engine
>>
>>17969023
I remember this question from yesterday. Honestly, what do you see in this young girl? She's not experienced much of anything at all.
>>
If she lives on campus she probably isn't as shy as you think. You're 25 and you still fall for the "my parents are sooooooo overprotective puppy eyes* routine?
>>
>>17969953
This is how my gf of now 3 years was, and she wasn't joking.

Op, for me I was just respectful, didn't until 2 years in start to criticize her parents actions in front of her and still did respectfully. Wait for her to get tired of it, but until then just be respectful and get use to being frustrated over how cock blocked you guys are from even hanging out.
>>
>>17969023
I say just try it out. See how you two fit together and when it clicks between both of you try to get her to be more independent when it comes to her parents.
>>
OP here
>>17969953
Nah you must just be involved with shitty girls cuz she's for real. Been with her enough to know what she is cannot be faked. And your synicism reveals your resentment towards women, hope things get better for u bro.

Will respond to others in separate posts writing on phone is a pain in the ass.
>>
File: tmp_22615-5317h-437204626.jpg (2MB, 7000x2300px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22615-5317h-437204626.jpg
2MB, 7000x2300px
>>17969976
Ya supporting her being more independent from her parents is a long term kinda goal, i don't want to directly meddle in her relationship with parents at all as obviously shit could get ugly for all involved.

With that being said the fucking gps tracking must be stopped, that's more than any 20 year old should bear. I'm technically inclined so i'll root her phone and install a gps spoofer as a present if she's down.

What were your ages at the time? Was she very shy? Any tips on that cuz she's sweet and slowly opening up but i still need to totally drive conversation as she doesn't know how to.

Hoping that with more intimacy it will be easier for her, I'm sure she wants to talk more but she's too caught up to do so.

tl:dr Was your gf very shy? If so tips to make her more comfortable? Was she worth the investment?
>>
>>17970080
Ya that's the loose plan. She really caught me by surprise tho leading to me heading to /adv; literally all girls i've been with prior have been very confident and outgoing. Never had to deal with a girl like this and it's not easy doing all the legwork. I got sick of living with each of the others over time and dumped them even tho i still like them all as people. Maybe she can succeed where they failed is what i'm thinking. I'm charmed and refreshed by her atm and i think she might be worth the time and effort, obviously only time will tell.

And now to close with an attempt to steer the thread
Anons, pls help me with tips for making shy girls more comfortable and general shy girl experience.
>>
File: tmp_22615-Chart21282244740.gif (318KB, 1719x1614px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_22615-Chart21282244740.gif
318KB, 1719x1614px
Shameless self bump, but here, have an informative image. Going to sleep will be back in AM, and will respond to all who post.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.