[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In a few words or less, here's my problem: I can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_4575.jpg (97KB, 750x689px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4575.jpg
97KB, 750x689px
In a few words or less, here's my problem: I can't tell my boyfriend what I really mean. I'm not talking about basic stuff, like my opinions of movies, or what I want for dinner. I'm talking about anything that could potentially reveal one of my (ongoing!) thought processes.

Entertain this:
>boyfriend and I are biking
>he says "where do you see yourself in 10 years?"
>I respond "alive, brother"
>bf looks disappointed and we ride on

His question really made me think. If I don't start communicating the literal, most precise answers to his questions, instead of cheap deflections, maybe we can get somewhere. I don't know. Every time my guy casts that disappointed gaze, I lose a part of myself.

How do I be literal?
>>
>brother
>>
You seem like a southern hick >>17968620 so you could potentially be down to earth but you're a girl and probably inbred so just try to look pretty, stay out of the way, and let the guys do the thinking for you. Enjoy the incoming swath of betas trying to comfort you!
>>
>>17968617
Your ability to ask questions is as good as your communication with bf.

Just bee yourself.
>>
>>17968617
If you do this a lot, he's probably assuming you have an end date in mind for the relationship.

Want to know how to be literal? Be fucking literal.
>>
i'm sure he was disappointed you called him brother, if not for the short literal answer before that. i'm not sure anyone would be proud to date someone who calls them brother, joking or not.
also, just think before you speak, even if the answer comes out slower than expected if it's a serious question like that.
>>
>>17968617
>"alive, brother"
you Pablo Escobar or something? he probably thought you were just being weird.
>>
Maybe be honest with your boyfriend instead of saying something you would say to someone you dont have confidence with
>>
well when the truth is
>idk, haven't really put much thought into it
and engaging him in conversation would be as easy as
>good question though, let me think on it awhile
>how 'bout you?
you instead say shit like
>alive, brother
because hurr durr movies and you wanted to say something that at least sounded cool since the truth would've been so lame

except it doesn't sound cool you faggot it sounds like you don't want to be bothered and so say the bare minimum needed to brush him off and get him to shut up
>>
>>17968633
Fuck you. Seriously.

>>17968617
Definitely don't call him bro and brother anymore that's probably what disappointed him. Watch vids on YouTube on how to open up without being too open. Good luck Femanon
>>
File: 1310623205347.jpg (90KB, 498x347px) Image search: [Google]
1310623205347.jpg
90KB, 498x347px
>>17968846
>getting this buttmad
how old are you? early 20s or so? why are girls everywhere so quick to get offended at every little thing nowadays? feels like I'm taking crazy pills lmao pls halp me understand
>>
Stop being fucking weird and just tell him how you feel. Whether he gets pissed, sad, or happy doesn't matter. You need to be blunt.
>>
>>17968617
>Every time my guy casts that disappointed gaze

geez lighten up girl

i would freak out if somebody i was dating kept asking me all those soul searching questions - it reads like he is trying to peg you for marriage to see if y'all are compatible

are you interested ? if so sit him down 1 nite and have "the relationship talk" with him

or just treat him like the boy toy he is until you find somebody who you really fall for
>>
>>17969249
Stop calling him brother you fucking sperg.
>>
>>17968617
If you were my gf i would love if you told me that
>>
>>17969249
>it reads like he is trying to peg you for marriage to see if y'all are compatible

How uneard of! how could he!
>>
>>17968617
i'll bite being that im in a similar situation.

first off how long have you been dating? that makes a pretty important factor.

if he's asking these types of questions he's obviously looking for future plans together. i ask these types of questions to my gf once and a while and i get a deflection or "i dont know" answer or i dont think that far ahead. just defeats me because this is a girl i've thought about marrying and she literally has no future plans. be it career, personal, or relationship wise. every time she says something like this i reevaluate if im wasting time on someone i love because they don't want to plan a future together and are basically just happy coasting through life. we've been together 4 years and have had so many ups and downs so take what you want from it. im at the point now that if she doesn't start actively working towards the future and voicing it (instead of letting me assume she's on board with plans and ideas i have) i may have to leave because I can't fucking have someone say "I dont know" when I ask where to buy a house or if she's willing to move to a new city for a career opportunity I may receive.

also if you guys are on speaking terms of "brother" stop that shit he probably feels like a bystander until you decide what you want to do. if you're playing and have a rapport with each other still stop that shit cause you should have assessed the conversation topic to begin with
>>
>>17969387
also you not being able to tell him what you want or plan or need hinders your personal growth and his.

it took my gf almost 4 years to finally tell me she wants to move out together and eventually get engaged. 4 fucking years.i was told by her that she would not leave home until whatever reason now all of a sudden she mentions moving out and when i press the topic she just blank stares me or has no input. dont do that to yourself it just ruins what may be a very good relationship all because you can't speak about fears or goals
>>
>>17969280
At least one person here gets it
>>

my sides

I would love you even more if you said that to me.
>>
File: 1401x788-Hulk-Hogan.jpg (89KB, 1401x788px) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-Hulk-Hogan.jpg
89KB, 1401x788px
> alive, brother
>>
>>17968617
Well, I'm sure you're part of the problem but it wouldn't kill him to say, "No, seriously, though?"

That said, my simple advice is to ask him follow-up questions to get more direct requests. ie,
"Where do you see yourself in ten years?"
"What do you mean?"
"Like, where do you live?"
Much easier question to answer, also gives you insight into what caused him to ask the question in the first place.
>>
>>17968617
If he can't appreciate or understand your intellectual processes, he may not be the right match for you.

I'll join the other anons and say that I would love to hear that answer from a gf.
>>
>>17968617
To the anons with criticism.. what the fuck kind of question is "Where do you see yourself in ten years?" during a bike ride? Is he a fuckin high school guidance counselor? Did you ask for career advice? Inappropriate question with an honest answer and he's disappointed? Find someone on your level, he sounds like a moron.
>>
>>17970031
If he can't appreciate or understand your vague, meaningless bullshit, he may not be the right match for you.
>>
>>17968617
There is nothing wrong with what you said or how you think. At best, he just doesn't understand you.

Even if I was clueless enough to spring this ridiculous question on you, your reply is an excellent answer and tells me everything I need to know.

"Where do you see yourself in ten years?" Are you kidding me?

You are already an effective communicator. He simply isn't. He is the one who needs to change.
>>
>>17970058
Work on your reading comprehension. Those two words speak volumes to anyone with a brain.

I get it, it doesn't make sense so it must be bullshit. Don't expect to understand individuals who are your intellectual superior.
>>
He was obviously baiting to see if you would say that you want to be with him in 10 years. If you do then you should go tell him so right now, he'd probably appreciate it. If you don't want to be with him, then be aware of that I guess. My girlfriend used to do this stuff and id shrug it off and it made her totally insecure about the whole relationship and i had to put in a lot of work to get it back on track.

Fuck the assholes who all say he was in the wrong in any way. Neither of you were, checking your partners interest and plans like that is a totally natural thing to do, are all of you people on the spectrum? Or never had a successful relationship?
>>
>>17970091
In my book they also say 'I don't want to/can't answer, so I'd rather make a joke'. A good one, I like it a lot. But that is a thing between two guys/friends, he was looking for a more open answer, one you expect from your gf. He seems to be more open about his feelings and more comfortable about sharing them than you. On the other hand he seems insecure about the connection between you two. If you love him, meet him half way. He better man up and start appreciating cool jokes instead of acting hurt and you better woman up and show some feelings so that he knows you have them and gets more secure about you two as a couple.

Or that is how it looks to me.
>>
File: 1480222389242.jpg (73KB, 618x911px) Image search: [Google]
1480222389242.jpg
73KB, 618x911px
jesus I fucking laughed

Like everyone was basically saying in the thread, he's deeply interested in you and probably wanted you to say some shit like "with you, my dear love" but your response disappointed him.

But to be honest I think ultimately it's up to him to understand the way you think or function, you don't need to change yourself.
>>
File: 1479769685282.png (75KB, 500x255px) Image search: [Google]
1479769685282.png
75KB, 500x255px
>"alive, brother"
I don't give a shit what your boyfriend says, that is a perfect answer
>>
>>17970140
>But to be honest I think ultimately it's up to him to understand the way you think or function, you don't need to change yourself.

This. Why should she change if he's the one who lacks the ability to understand depth of meaning? Half the anons here blame her and expect her to dumb down her language so simple-man-brain can understand. Typical immature male egotistical bullshit.
>>
>>17970129
They're basically having a moment of quiet companionship and that is what comes out of his mouth? Then he wonders what's wrong with her when she answers philosophically? Please.

Or that's how it looks to me.
>>
>>17968617
I would have laughed my ass off if you said that.
>>
File: 1295296091308.jpg (93KB, 560x432px) Image search: [Google]
1295296091308.jpg
93KB, 560x432px
>>17968617
>"alive, brother"

fuck that OP, perfect answer right there
>>
>>17970129
That makes the most sense to me. I do need to express myself more, but the jokes aren't going anywhere.
>>
>>17970112
I don't know. This is my eighth relationship. Kind of winging it at this point. Appreciate the input. I think this is gonna work out.
>>
>>17968617
He's disappointed because you probably do these one-word deflections often. They get stale. Like you're repeating lines you've seen in movies.

Even if you don't know, he'd like the truth more than some stupid line. If you're unhappy or afraid of the future, that's something your partner is supposed to help you with.

He's probably realizing you have walls. Making you a not so great partner. Definitely not for the long term.
>>
>>17968617
well, bassically, you suck.

you should tell him to go on with his life, because you are a super autistic, shit partner.

its a weird relationship, in fact. if i received such an answer from any of my couples id lmao right there and ask what the fuck did they mean by that, and they would surely answer a normal answer. your shit is doomed.
>>
>>17971062
>>17971147
We were riding bikes.
>>
>>17970156
pls explain how "alive, brother" can be dumbed down further
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.