[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ How do you discover your natural talents? Are some people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Gopnik-Trump-Music-3-1200.jpg (61KB, 1200x791px) Image search: [Google]
Gopnik-Trump-Music-3-1200.jpg
61KB, 1200x791px
/adv/

How do you discover your natural talents? Are some people cucked over by not having any sort of productive/creative talents? I feel that im in this boat and there's nothing I can really do about it cus muh genes.

It fucking sucks bigly...
>>
>>17967115

>How do you discover your natural talents?
>natural talents

> Are some people cucked over by not having any sort of productive/creative talents?

99.9999%

>I feel that im in this boat and there's nothing I can really do about it cus muh genes.

If that makes you feel better about being a lazy shit.
>>
talent is a meme. do what you enjoy enough that you would do it more than other people , and you can become great at it.
>>
Natural talent to me is something you can do without effort, so pick a random said activity that you are interested in, if you are speeding through it then you got your natural talent if not repeat cycle
>>
>>17967121
>99.999999%

if that's the case then what's the point in even trying when there are ppl out there that are far superior.

>being lazy

it doesn't make me feel better but i don't know how i can turn things around and actually be happy and productive.
>>
>>17967142

>if that's the case then what's the point in even trying when there are ppl out there that are far superior.

Are you going to kill yourself right now? No? Then the point is your life not sucking completely.

>it doesn't make me feel better but i don't know how i can turn things around and actually be happy and productive.

Would need your whole life story, your goals, etc.

>>17967140

>Natural talent to me is something you can do without effort, so pick a random said activity that you are interested in, if you are speeding through it then you got your natural talent if not repeat cycle

That's limited to jerking off for most people.
>>
>>17967115
You are doing it wrong.
You don't want talent. You want easy. You want little effort. You are lazy.

Talent does not matter
What matters is what you do about wether you have talent or not
>>
>>17967130
>talent is a meme
These are words that would have been very helpful for me to hear a while ago.
>>17967115
The vast majority of people aren't particularly good at much. The people you see succeeding are almost always succeeding because they found something they liked and did it long enough until they weren't shitty. They worked hard to not be shitty. Then, by virtue of them not being shitty, they were better than the vast majority of people, so it seems like they had this talent that no one else had access to. It's all just a big social illusion.
>>
>>17967115
Is this Liquid Snake?
>>
>>17967151
>That's limited to jerking off for most people.

Well when you say it like that then I'm a fucking professional
>>
>>17967172

This mumbanese stiching forum is a rare enclave of world-class professionals in that regard.
>>
>>17967130
>do what you enjoy

I like music a lot but I can never sit down and actually learn about music theory or whatever. My brain just gets distracted within 30 mins or so on something entirely different.
>>
>>17967180

>I like music a lot but I can never sit down and actually learn about music theory or whatever. My brain just gets distracted within 30 mins or so on something entirely different.

Try turning off the computer.
>>
By trying out new things.
Often it is not that I am talented but that you're genuinely interested in it, which is really what makes it worthwhile.
Actually, I don't think I've ever found something at which I'm genuinely talented, but it catches my interest enough that I become somewhat proficient.

So try new stuff and don't care so much about talent but on enjoying the ride and you'll eventually get good enough at something.
>>
>>17967225
>genuinely interested

idk my interests in things seem to die off rather quickly. I think the cause for this might be my attention-deficit disorder. Oh and taking ritalin or whatever doesn't help that much with concentration either, it usually makes me more distracted and nervous.
>>
>>17967180
doing it wrong again.
Pick an instrument, take lessons.
One thing with instruments is that they are enjoyable because they don't require you to do too much thinking, but rather feeling (after you get past the clumsy stage that is, but even then, you're training muscle memory rather than solving differential equations)
>>
>>17967234

>attention-deficit disorder

Yea, sure. https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/suffer-the-children/201203/why-french-kids-dont-have-adhd
>>
>>17967225
I haven't been diagnosed, but I have reasons to suspect ADD too.
Repetitive music (without vocals) and stuff that don't put a strain on your brain are good. Things that you do with your hands like origami or clay modeling are nice.
>>
>>17967239

That doesn't really answer much just highlights a different philosophical approach to the problem. Shit, I might even be that .5 percent according to their standards.
>>
File: 1463956411132.jpg (27KB, 596x324px) Image search: [Google]
1463956411132.jpg
27KB, 596x324px
>>17967115

>Are some people cucked over by not having any sort of productive/creative talents?
>>
File: article-pic.jpg (74KB, 620x348px) Image search: [Google]
article-pic.jpg
74KB, 620x348px
>>17967335
ummm

are some ppl fucked when it comes to producing things that offer something of moderate-to-high importance, either in the realm of business or art.
>>
>>17967238

What about when it comes to understanding and identifying new musical patterns? I don't think that fully falls into the category of being able to memorize certain shit. I think that has more to do with someone being able to understand the theory and being able to think outside the box in order to produce something of good quality. But then again, I could be a retard and have no idea what im talking about.
>>
>>17967403
stop writing like a schizophrenic autist
>>
>>17967430
fuck off

im losing my shit k
>>
>>17967424
yeah you don't know what you're talking about. Plenty of good musicians out there who don't know shit about theory.
In the end, you can defer it for later, it's definitely not the first thing you'd do.
And I was suggesting a fucking instrument, is it really that hard for you to understand the difference between an intellectual endeavour and something that doesn't require you to spend a lot of brain effort and instead use intuition which would release strain on your brain which in turn mitigates the ADD problem?
Maybe you have aspergers as well
>>
>>17967424
>>17967638
By the way, I can clearly see you're just making excuses
>boo hoo I have no talent
>I will not even TRY! I'll just assume I have no talent because I am not fucking Mozart!

What you are seeking is not help, you just want us to pity you or you want to affirm your belief that you have no talent by crying about it in a bhutanese puppeteer forum
>>
>>17967638
PoC
I doubt these guys are toointerested in music theory.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnNCidccbG8
>>
>>17967638
Yeah, I know you were talking about learning to play an instrument. I still get stressed out about that, though. I doubt it's going to mitigate my ADD problem and my new found asperger disorder according to you.
>>
>>17967646
What I'm seeking are other people's opinions on the matter, not your sympathy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.