[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I took a blow to the head today. It hurt, but it wasn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: blurred-vision.jpg (13KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
blurred-vision.jpg
13KB, 600x336px
So I took a blow to the head today. It hurt, but it wasn't a very hard hit and no damage is done. However, now it's a couple of hours later and I've been noticing that the vision in my left eye is blurry as fuck.

I have bad eyesight to begin with so at first I didn't notice it, but when I close one eye and then the other, the difference is super noticeable.

I don't have a headache or even any bruising or swelling in the location I was hit so it doesn't feel like anything serious, but I'm still a little concerned about my vision. Is this something harmless that will just go away over time or should I call my doctor?
>>
Hospital now.
>>
>>17965788
Why?
>>
>>17965789
Signs of brain trauma. Definite concussion. Go now instead of asking questions.
>>
>>17965791
Fug.

It's kinda late over here. Would it be bad if I just sleep on it and see if it's any better tomorrow?
>>
>>17965789

Maybe detached retina. Maybe your brain in bleeding. Maybe you'really just really tired. But blow to the head + abnormal experience is a poor time to be circumspect.
>>
>>17965783
Going to a hospital would be in your best interest.
>>
>>17965794
Yes. When you sleep with a concussion the first night you're meant to be woken up periodically to ensure you're okay. A concussion can impact your decision making abilities, so just go now. Not all concussions are necessarily serious, but this is a sign of one that's at least non-trivial. So go to the hospital instead of putting it off.
>>
>>17965821
Not sure driving at night with blurry vision and (maybe) a concussion would be the best idea, but I guess I gotta do what I gotta do.

Wish me luck.
>>
>>17965828
Anon, ask someone to drive you or call a taxi if you aren't willing to take an ambulance. Driving isn't a very good idea either, concussions affect your thinking, response time, and other stuff besides vision.
>>
>>17965833
Agreed.

Get to the Hospital, OP. Safely.

Concussions are no joke. I've had three of them.
>>
10 replies and no one told him he had AIDS or cancer.

What is 4chan coming to???
>>
>>17965783
>>17965805

Go immediately to the emergency room. You're risking permanent damage to you brain and eye sight because you want to procrastinate. This does sound like a detached retina, had a buddy who went through something like this. They saved his sight, but only because he didn't hesitate like a dumbass.
>>
OP here posting frpm my mobile. Went to the emwrgency room, doctor said all I needed was some rest. I shouldve just slept on it after all, but I suppose its better to see a doctor and not need it than the other qay around.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.