[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a NEET high school dropout and I'm 21. I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1483747567641.gif (437KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
1483747567641.gif
437KB, 500x566px
I'm a NEET high school dropout and I'm 21.

I've decided to enroll in an accredited online program to get a high school degree. Do you think I'm making the right choice? The money isn't a factor because my parents have offered to pay for it, but it will take time.

I've made a lot of bad decisions but I want to start bettering myself and moving towards an eventual career. I don't know where to start. Please don't make fun of me.

What would you do if you were in my position?
>>
... and are there even any viable career paths left for me, considering the decisions I've already made?
>>
File: MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png (17KB, 450x318px) Image search: [Google]
MaslowsHierarchyOfNeeds.svg.png
17KB, 450x318px
>>17965635
There's a lot out there for you. Just work on putting one foot in front of the other. Taking a high school diploma is literally no risk. Just study and use that time to sort of figure out what you like and don't like. Your path will start to become clearer as your focus improves. Or not, lots of people don't really know what's going on. I'm 38 and I've been NEET and I've made $160 an hour as a technician, happiness is somewhere else. Right now I write research articles for a federal university in Brazil. It pays absolutely shit but it's good work that helps people.
>>
>>17965635
Do it if you fail no one will know if you get it then it can help later on when getting a job. Do you have a drivers license?
>>
>>17965626
Why not do GED night courses at a local community college so you actually get out of the house and do a bit of socializing a couple hours a day?
>>
I think I've decided that I'm going to do the online high school. I can spend all my time on it and maybe get the degree pretty quickly. Maybe having a high school degree from an accredited institution instead of a GED will look better on paper to any future employers.

Then I will go to college.

I know that I fucked up and wasted years of my life, but are there any career paths that I can start now? Do I still have a chance at happiness?

>>17965758

No, I don't have a driver's license.
>>
>>17965851
Eh, high school diplomas do look marginally better than a GED I suppose but most employers looking for workers with no college education aren't going to care that much. If you follow up a GED with a college degree then employers won't care at all as they'll be more concerned with your college education than your high school education. Do whatever you think is best for yourself though.

I'd work on getting a driver's license and a part time job as well while you're pursuing your high school diploma. Make damn sure that the online high school is actually accredited and reputable and will have a tangible benefit over a GED program. Also, you don't necessarily need to pursue a 2/4 year degree either; many skilled trades pay as well or better than a lot of jobs that a 4 year degree will land you. Electricians, machinists, plumbers, welders, etc all make VERY good money and are in high demand in most areas of the US. That might be something to look into if you enjoy working with your hands.
>>
File: 1482514886993.jpg (570KB, 1024x520px) Image search: [Google]
1482514886993.jpg
570KB, 1024x520px
>>17965851
>I know that I fucked up and wasted years of my life, but are there any career paths that I can start now?
You're 21, now is a good time to start. Nobody wants to hire 21 and 22 year olds right out of college anyway. They're spoiled and hard to work with. Your career path is literally anything you wouldn't kill yourself if someone told you that was to be your job for the next 30 years.
>>
>>17965898

The one I decided to enroll in is called Penn Foster and it is accredited and seems professional. But I don't know if there will be a tangible benefit compared to just getting a GED. I'm lost but I have to get my life started now.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.