[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would my quality of life improve if I moved out of my parents

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

How would my quality of life improve if I moved out of my parents house? I would just come home after work then sit and play video games.
>>
forgot to mention im 24
>>
If that's all of your plan, it wouldn't.
>>
Obviously you'll have to do all the house chores yourself and mantain a schedule to it or you'll end up looking and smelling like a hobo within a month.

You'll also add another passive outcome - rent. Unless you move to your own place this money will essentially disappear each month - as if thrown out of window.
>>
>>17965519
ive lived with roommates before so i can do all that
it was terrible living with roommates though
>>
>>17965624
honestly - if you don't see any benefit in moving out yourself and parents aren't forcing you - then perhaps you shouldn't move out yet. For me the reason was zero privacy.

Focus on building up cash reserve instead (it's common sense to have a reserve allowing you to last 3 - 6 months without any income). Do this while you have the luxury of lower expenses. It'll make life easier when you move out - you can get lower mortgage, save up to buy something right away, etc...

Don't ramp up your passive expenses when you don't have to - or you'll essentially end up as your picture, mantain a financial buffer to give you some breathing space for decision making...
>>
>>17965667
i have $80k in cash alone and make $5500/mo.
>>
>>17965741
What the hell is your job?
>>
>>17965942
im in tech and good with money in a low CoL place
>>
>>17965741
eh with that kind of money i guess it's only about how guilty you feel about leeching off your parents' resources.

There is nothing beneficial about moving out and living alone unless living with parents limits you somehow (no privacy, can't stay together with your partner... etc). - you'll just be alone to manage the entire household.

I don't know the property prices and situation in your area - but i'd consider buying an apartment, rent it to someone and continue to live with parents. You'll have a backup place that will pay for itself (or even earn little something) and still can enjoy the benefits of staying with parents.
>>
>>17966532
>leeching off your parents' resources
i contribute to their groceries/cooking, help them with their finances and reducing bills, provide them with electronics and technical support, assist in repairs/yardwork/chores

I feel stuck, trapped on the greenest side of grass and it turns out its a boring lawn I have to mow
my hell is a suburb in flyover
no idea where to go and what to focus on
just want to play video games and masturbate
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.