[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I move to Los Angeles as a poor person? Would it be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2736.jpg (71KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
71KB, 852x480px
How do I move to Los Angeles as a poor person?

Would it be easier to go to Atlanta
>>
>>17965063

lots of knee grows & homos in atlanta

lots of spics in LA
>>
>>17965063
If your poor you can live in LA. Look into living in skid row. Part of downtown LA. It's a walking distance to so many nice restaurants.
>>
Los Angeles is big, you will need a car. But until then you can buy a bus pass. Despite what everyone says, the buses are very practical. Buy a map and learn the area. It will help you tremendously to have a general knowledge of the area. Buy the EZ transit pass. It costs $110 and is worth every single penny. There are many bus companies operating in the area, this is the only pass that works for all of them. You will be able to board any bus, any time, and go anywhere with unlimited rides. Including the metro trains. The only exception is the Silver line Express busses. But that is no problem because you will never ride the silver line, you can just take the regular city buses amd get to the same place. Just takes a little longer.

You will want to live in the north west. Open a map and draw a triangle. Start at Venice beach. Draw a line to Santa Monica. Then draw a line to La Brea Street/Sunset Blvd in the east part of West Hollywood. You should live in this triangle with NO EXCEPTION. You may be tempeted by lower rents elsewhere, but this is a very judgemental city. It's all about where you are, who you are, how you look, and yeah what zip code you live in. People will not be friends with you if you live in the ghetto.

When you arrive, you should stay in a cheap hostel or long term hotel. I suggest the Little Tokyo Hotel, which is located Downtown in the Lottle Tokyo district. It costs $300 per week cash and it is amazing. It's run by Japanese people, has a full size kitchen. Great location Downtown, convenient to many buses. There are Japanese groceriy stores across the street that sell cheap, healthy meals which are very yummy for 4 to 6 dollars. If you shop after like9pm you can buy them at a discount and save them for the next day.

Welfare is great in LA. Make your first stop to the social services office. If you don't have a disability, you get three months of welfare. If you do have something (like ADHD or Autism or depression) then you...
>>
>>17966385
...get unlimited time on welfare. Food stamps are good at grocery stores and fast food. So feel free to treat yourself to pizzahut sometimes. Your food allowance will be $190 per month and your cash allowance will be $200 per month. They may have changed it simce I was there. If you're homeless they'll give you 2weeks paid in a hotel somewhere, which gives you enough time to find a social worker and placement into a "program"or "project" depemding on your situation. It is litterally impossible to suffer in LA if you have half a brain. The welfare is so good.

Finding a job is easy, I found my jobs within a few weeks. Very high chance of interview. All of my jobmsuccess was on craigslist, no exception for me. So you may want to try there.

Learn to think for yourself. People will say all sorts of things. If reality doesn't align which what you hear, just keep your head up and dont doubt yourself too much.

There are about half a million Jews in LA. They are everywhere. They run Hollywood. Learn what a Jew is and love them. If you can't get along with Jews you will fail and be miserable.

I highly advise LA over Atlanta. Not that I have ever lved in Atlanta, I just know LA is awesome :)
>>
>>17966427
If it's that easy why are so many people homeless? Are they just retarded or mentally ill?
>>
>>17966448

It's mainly because they are lazy as fuck
>>
>>17966448
>Are they just retarded or mentally ill?
Yeah, both. There is also a drug problem. Take a walk through Skid row, or watch some youtube videos on Skid row and you'll understand better.

There's also the problem of self-satisfied homeless people migrating to LA for the weather and atmosphere. It's become sort of a safe space for them.
>>
>>17965063
Move to somewhere like Seattle or Spokane. It's super cheap.
>>
>>17966581
As someone who just moved away from Seattle and Spokane, I would advise against this. LA was so much better.

You're right both areas are cheap, but the salaries are low.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.