[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck do I major in? I hate math, I'm absolutely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1484628929630.jpg (39KB, 374x347px) Image search: [Google]
1484628929630.jpg
39KB, 374x347px
What the fuck do I major in?

I hate math, I'm absolutely awful at it. I failed the lowest level math class last quarter, algebra and functions. I want my career to have absolutely nothing to do with math, but I don't have any idea what I want to do. I enjoy history, philosophy/debate, film, graphic design, cars, games, architecture, and geography. Does anyone have any suggestions based on these interests? My mom says I should become a lawyer but I don't like the idea of being in school for 8 years.

I just feel so directionless and I'm afraid if I don't find what I want to do with my life I'll end up dropping out. I want to end up making good money but what matters most is that I enjoy my job. What do I do?
>>
>>17964285
> I want to end up making good money but what matters most is that I enjoy my job.
You sound like you need a dose of reality, so here it goes.

You're young and you're probably looking at the world like it is your oyster - it is, but with your current mentality you will never be able to make it your bitch. You have to keep in mind that we often have to do things that we don't want to do, and the main reason we do these things is to survive.

What I'll do is meet you half way: You want a job that doesn't use math, but makes good money, in that case the major you are seeking is accounting. A simple google search will explain why accounting is known as a 'foolproof major' for those who are indecisive about their future.

Bear in mind that if you do well in school, you can always enter a graduates program and earn your masters in a completely unrelated field - that is if it takes you 4 years of accounting to figure out what you really want to do with your life.

PS some final insight, those people who "enjoy their job" are the ones who were fortunate enough to discover early in their lives what their "true callings" were. They mastered their craft from a young age and are now doing what they love. Since I assume you are not one of these people, buckle down and study, it'll pay off.
>>
You say you like geography, what about that? It can lead to a pretty lucrative career if you go into GIS or something more like geology

If you're really not sure what sort of career you want to end up in, then something like history, perhaps with a double major in philosophy would be something to consider too? People here will say that humanities make shit degrees, but in the end, your degree is what you make it. A history degree can be very flexible and versatile, and you'd learn skills that are easily transferable between different jobs. If you do well and have a well-rounded time at college with things like research on the side or participating in clubs and sports (which you should be doing no matter what you study), there's no reason you wouldn't be unemployable
>>
>>17964307
I was under the impression accounting involves alot of math?
>>
>>17964367
Absolutely not, but after re-reading your OP. You should seriously consider becoming a lawyer. The 8 years you spend in school pales in comparison to the decades of upper middle class lifestyle you can have if you succeed.
>>
>>17964389
I have an accounting degree, and you are wrong. Low-level accounting does not require advanced math, nothing beyond pre-calc and statistics. OP is saying no math. OP - I can tell you right now, accounting is not for you. I love numbers and math and you will hate accounting if you do not like math.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.