[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I fit in as a "man"? Femanons and anons alike

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: newport fresh.jpg (20KB, 236x305px) Image search: [Google]
newport fresh.jpg
20KB, 236x305px
Regardless of how stupid this sounds I feel that I am placed with a legitimate impasse. Although I am blessed with loving parents, nobody really sat me down to give me the whats what about being a "man". My mother was always unavailable do to work and my dad is too much of a comedian to be of use regarding positive lessons. I find myself NEVER getting along with other men. I hate action movies, I feel no impulse to go to strip clubs and throw money at women with issues. I hate gawking at women and nudging my friends about her assets and whatnot. I don't play well with others who consider every waking moment with other men a pissing contest. I literally fit into nowhere on this spectrum. I can't even pretend to fit in...as a matter of fact it infuriates me when men act like this. I consider myself calm and collected in all of the aforementioned instances. How do I play the part?
A little about myself. I am calm and collected in most instances although I do possess quite a fierce personality as well as temperament at times. This being said, I am really a loving individual and enjoy treating people with respect and love (unless they rub me the wrong way). Not to sound white knightish but I really do not like to objectify women and much rather not talk about "omg bro she has such an ass" etc etc. This being said...how can I fit into this? It seems most peers are all like this? Am I in the wrong? I literally can easily see myself just saying fuck it and going lone wolf and having no male friends (except a select few who I am at decent hello/goodbye terms with ) and being completely ok.
>>
>>17964189
You sound fine. I don't get along with most men either. You sound a lot like me, dude.
>>
>>17964202
Am I just better off not bothering assimilating with this group? I feel no need to fall into the MUHHHH MASCULINITY shit.
>>
>>17964189
I don't think there is anything about you that should be changed. Being a man has nothing to do with interests or physical needs, imho. You got to be confident and believe in yourself.
>>
File: knittingaflag.jpg (3MB, 1792x4000px) Image search: [Google]
knittingaflag.jpg
3MB, 1792x4000px
I guess you never really had a masculine figure in your life. Try going to the gym, going /out/, doing manly things. Just try them,even if you're bad at them, you might like them anyway. Read about Stoicism.
>>
>>17964327
I already do all of these things. My father is very masculine...he just never really explained what how regarding it. Im stoic as fuck already. I do not need to do any reading on it
>>
>>17964335
Lol, way to shoot down advice, you're manly as fuck
I'm just fucking with you, you're fine. Don't worry about it. Masculinity is a social construct, and you can literally make it into whatever you want it to be. If you want to be more populist, that's a whole different conversation
>>
>>17964465
^this. "Masculinity" and "femininity" are social constructs. You don't need to change anything about yourself anon in order to be "man enough". You already are enough. You're you. That's pretty fucking awesome and you get to choose how you want to be. Nobody else.
>>
>>17964189
Being a man is about being self-sufficient
Learn how to cook, how to live, learn about history, learn about philosophy, learn about religion, have a job, do your own work, have hobbies, be read for any situation, never be too weak

Manliness is about being prepared and ready
For many, that means being confident
But in truth it means being prepared and that preparedness leads to looking like you're confident

Be in shape, be educated, know how to survive any situation
That's being manly

If you're not at the gym lifting, you haven't been trying to be a man yet
Gym kitchen library
That's how you be a man
>>
>>17964189

there are at least a billion men just like you. at least. you say you dont fit in but nothing you have described is unique to you, in fact, youare a walking talking stereotype.

you can fit in with men. there are many who don't talk that way. i dont, my friends dont, its fine.
>>
The brain is the most complex organ in the body.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.