[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started dating a 20yo girl whose parents track her every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

Just started dating a 20yo girl whose parents track her every move via phone GPS. Didnt really consider the implications until tonight, first on our possible relationship but 2nd on her development into becoming an independent functional adult. She's super shy generally and i think her parents may be at least partially responsible. Idk her well enough yet to encourage her to blow up her relationship with parents but wtf do? What advice should i give her beyond the obvious that she needs to have a serious talk with them about trust, respect, adulthood, natural development of independence and the harm they are doing? Also what advice would you give me in attempting to date a sweet girl who happens to be very shy?
>>
First and foremost, does she live with her parents?
>>
>>17964170
>20yo girl whose parents track her every move via phone GPS

That's some seriously invasive helicopter-parenting right there, wtf?
>>
>>17964204
She is going to school and living with parents during vacation periods. I am 25 and have my own apartment (parents have my address as of tonight lol)
>>
>>17964208
Ya the more i think about it the more i wut m8? Her teenage years must have been total shit.
>>
>>17964243
I bet she also a virgin
>>
>>17964243
No joke. My teenage years and early-20's came about before smartphones and my parents let me stay out until midnight on weekends once I turned 17 and got a part time job and started paying for most of my own shit. I can't imagine being one of those kids nowadays whose parents constantly track their location via smartphones or OBDII dongles that plug into their car. It just seems like a fucked up way to raise a kid to me.
>>
>>17964253
Don't think so but not sure... she had her first bf at college last year which lasted months soo... doubt it. She's pretty much objectionally super cute tho so when i first met her i was like wtf how is she not more confident.
>>
>>17964170
Over protective parents are the worst. I'd gently ask her if she likes to be stalked in that manner and if she gives the obvious answer of no, then I'd ask her if she's ever told her parents of her opinion... Good luck on your new relationship bro. really hope it works out for the both of you and that those parents of hers loosen up.
>>
>>17964269
Totally agree, my parents let me run buck wild and i'm all the less handicapped for it. They wouldn't ever have pulled this shit either even if they could've. Also she's fucking 20.
>>
>>17964270
You know that shy girl proceeds from kissing to having sex longer than other girls don't ya?
Also by her parents parenting style I would bet she's going to keep her virginity until marriage.
Maybe that's why she broke up with her boyfriend.
>>
>>17964279
Thanks bro, also not rly in relationship yet but it's totally heading there unless i eject v soon.
>>
>>17964296
Well I'll be finding that out pretty soon and fucking right off if that's the case.
>>
Any advice on shy girls besides that she might not put out? I'm attracted to the shyness atm, sick of every girl wanting to be a 'bad bitch', also all girls i've been with prior have been very confident and outgoing so it's something new.
>>
>>17964347
Sometimes the shy, insecure ones turn out to be kinda crazy, in a bad way. Sometimes they turn out to be really sweet and devoted.
>>
>>17964347
>Any advice on shy girls besides that she might not put out?
Yeah, leave. This shyness that you find refreshing and endearing now is quickly going to become frustrating and exhausting.
>>
>>17964358
Ya you're right, worth the gamble imo if those are the terms... i have a low bullshit tolerance and am not afraid to leave if necessary.
>>
>>17964347
This shy girl isn't just some novelty. She's a person who's not mature yet as she's going through the "teen to adult" phase and with parents like that, it's going to be rough. Don't give her any advice about what she should do or say to her parents. Ask her how she feels about things and get her to make decisions for herself but, don't get involved in the parent drama. You don't want to be held responsible for anything. If she's so immature and you're independent, you're both in different stages in your life. You've gotta decide now what you're willing to do. If you go for a relationship, you're going to need a lot of patience. Are you willing to invest a lot of time into this? If not, don't do anything stupid that'll fuck with her heart.
>>
>>17964364
I'll acknowledge that that is a possibility
>>
>>17964385
Best response so far, thank you thoughtful anon. You're right that i need to take a hands off approach on the parents issue and I think I actually am in for the investment for this girl depending on how the next month or so goes. It's still very early.
>>
I have no ability to relate to people. Every conversation ends with me at a loss for something to say because my experiences and thoughts are so utterly incomparable to those of the other person. I am boring to them, they are boring to me.

None of this is new or ever going to change. What bothers me is that, even realizing this, I continue to be inhibited and act fake when interacting with other human beings. I wish I had the ability to state what's on my mind, but I don't feel like dealing with the consequences of that.
>>
I just want someone who will shut the fuck up and watch Golden Girls with me.
>>
>>1796440
No problem. Been in a similar situation before myself and it wasn't pretty. Right now, her parents most likely seem like the enemy but, relationships are important, especially family relationships. Don't make the same mistake I did where they had a bad relationship with their family for a time. And if you are in for the investment, best wishes to you both.
>>
>>17964417
How could someone effectively attempt to take steps to bridge this gap with you? I totally drive conversation atm cuz it would be nearly constant silence otherwise.
>>
>>17964439
Thanks again. Really hope i don't end up hurting her.
>>
Tell her to read The Intercept
>>
OP is off to bed, idk how fast this board moves but will check back in ~5.5ish hours
>>
>>17964482
Lol no? Thanks for the heartfelt advice tho. Ok bed for reals now
>>
>>17964170
Help her make small steps toward being more independent. One small thing at a time. You don't need the nuclear option.
>>
Did you meet online?
>>
>>17964728
Yes, also she messaged me first which still blows my mind.
>>
>>17964701
Thanks, didn't mean to phrase it as if that was the case, not really trying to force anything when it comes to relation with parents.
>>
>>17964438
Idk much about golden girls but seems legit. One thing that is attractive about her is that i dont think she'll need constant conversation to be content.

Also bros get this, she is the only girl i've been with that DOES NOT complain or offload her problems onto me. Seriously there has not been a single time where i've had to listen to her talk about how bad her day was or how much of a bitch a coworker is or how it's so and so's fault that she didn't get the grand prize in ?archery? when she deserved it or how her aunt is a massive cunt who's always out to undermine her etc... What a peach.
>>
>>17964170
No date advice really .. but either uninstall the shit her parents track her with or give her another phone and persuade her to leave the one she has now at her parents doorstep
>>
>>17965455
She could just turn off location services on her phone which i have asked her about but if you read the thread it's probably best to not directly meddle in the relation with parents, especially not this early into things. I kno it's pretty fucking ridiculous but that's rly something for her to handle. I'll encourage it of course and of course tell her how i feel about it.
>>
>>17965542
Install a GPS faker application. Then set her location to the church while you go out to town to party and then in a hotel to fuck.
>>
>>17965660
Honestly thought about hooking her up with a gps spoofer, would definitely foster more independence in her at the least.
>>
Leave the phone behind?
>>
>>17966122
Pretty much equal to turning off the gps, no modern female forgets the phone, and certainly not more than once in a small time frame.
>>
Bumpin, anyone else have input on this? Discussing it is more helpful than i thought it would be. Looking for advice on dating a shy 20 year old girl who is controlled by parents and a possible huge score when you're 25 and totally independent?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.