[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've noticed that a lot of people, for whatever reason,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1466598479224.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466598479224.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
I've noticed that a lot of people, for whatever reason, don't seem to be bothered by rude behaviour.

Like, shit talking others. You would think this would turn people off, but nope, it doesn't. Some of the most popular people that I know of regularly shit talk everyone that they dislike, and they still remain popular. Nobody points out that this is inappropriate or tell them to drop it. The people who do seem uncomfortable with it don't say anything but continue hanging out with these guys anyway and keep inviting them to parties, etc.

Is the secret to popularity to be an asshole? All the people that I know of who are polite and mature adults aren't popular at all, yet the guys in their 30s who act like immature teenagers and hurl insults in public are the most popular.

Can anyone help me understand this?
>>
this isn't my experience at all. the only people that are 'popular' when you get older are non-judgmental, kind people --- or people who have a shitload of money/power so everyone sucks up to them.
>>
>>17964082
I feel like it's a sort of social domino effect. Someone starts spreading rumors and insults about a certain person, and their friends spread that to their friends, etc. And next thing you know you've got a huge social circle of shit talking pieces of shit that have nothing better to do than to start pointless drama.
>>
>>17964162
Why would their friends spread that stuff anyway? In the first place if one of my friends started shit talking about someone, my reaction would be to give no fucks and try to change the topic, and not join in.

Isnt it commonly taught to not shit talk about others anyway? Like, you know, by parents?
>>
People agree to these people's faces, but they're secretly thinking how much of an asshole this person is.
>>
>>17964355
then why are they still hanging out with them and inviting them to parties and stuff? That doesn't make sense if they secretly think the person is an asshole.
>>
>>17964369
>>
>>17964082
If the popular people in the circle you hand out with are assholes, it's likely cause most people in the circle are kinda assholish as well. In which case, most likely, you are too. Like attracts like anon
>>
Acting like an asshole to people makes them subconsciously desire their approval. Especially when they shit talk the person in something that might be true (so weight, fashion). False accusations will make them look like assholes. If it's true or is a weakness of yours then you will want them to like that aspect of you
>>
For some people it is genuine lack of care. They think everyone trash talks people they don't like (to that extent), or they have simplistic "what they don't know can't hurt them" attitudes towards the moral side of it.

Then there's the people who are so fucking relieved that this guy is annoyed by so many people - but not by him/her. Gossip provides a social function because it firmly establishes the in-group and the out-group. For some people the sign that they belong to the in-group is so important that they can't be fucked to care about whether this behavior is that great.

And then there's the people who do care, but know others won't back them up so they just endure it. Yeah technically they can not invite that guy over, but if the guys you DO like will pull the whole "what's the matter what did he do to you"...

>Is the secret to popularity to be an asshole?
If you're talking overall high status and popularity in the most conventional sense then yeah, at the very least you cannot be too concerned with everyone's feelings to get there and keep your place.
Being beloved and held in high esteem in your own social circle - no, not at all. There are plenty of social environments where this behavior would lead to alienation.
>>
Not always. A person has to be an asshole in the right context.

It's sort of like that guy in the room that says what everybody is thinking, but too pussy to say.

People like being able to relate to others.
>>
Fuck off PC fag. Youre the cause of SJW shitting everything up.

EAT SHIT AND DIE ASSHOLE
>>
>>17964082
It's not "being an asshole", it's confidence. Sometimes confidence comes with being an asshole, but it's not a quality. Because of the confidence and honesty, people will look over the bad quality of being an asshole.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.