[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"Anon you have to work on yourself before someone else

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_20170110-021412.jpg (753KB, 1433x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170110-021412.jpg
753KB, 1433x1077px
>"Anon you have to work on yourself before someone else can love you"
>says the person who got into a 2 year and counting relationship while in partial hospitalization

/adv/ What's some actual advice for finding a stable relationship?
>>
>>17963699
A couple are best friends first in day to day affairs.

Always pursue your own interests, never abandon them for a gf/bf. They will stick around if they are worth it.
>>
>>17963719
I can dig it. Though it seems like most people don't want to date someone they consider a friend anymore. Like whenever I try to approach a relationship with a friendly connotation at first they just end up considering me too close if I do ask. Often times I get the "I don't wanna ruin our friendship". Most of the time I personally felt like being with them in that sense would have actually made us closer and had great results but they never seem to agree.
>>
>>17963745
I think its hard to start of as friends and then move to a romantic relation.

Girls determine if they will ever date you in like 5 minutes of meeting you. If they see you as just friends I think you'll never be able to bridge that.

>>17963719
what this anon says is true tho, you should be best of friends and be able to share anything.
>>
I'm in much the same boat. I have not time for anything after work and find myself busy most weekends and live in the middle of bum ducking no where... Don't even have mobile reception it's fucked. And the few things I do are just drinking with my mates at one of our places. I am doomed to be forever alone because I live for myself. Those who say working on yourself is the way to go are full of shit, you have to go to where girls are and you have to make it clear your only romantically interested in them
>>
>>17963699
Don't go through life searching for a stable relationship. Do your thing, go out, meet people, and wait for right person. Don't date because you feel lonely, don't date because you are expected to, date because that one person is amazing and it feels right to be with them. Love is not enough, it's about compatibility.
A healthy relationship is made of two healthy individuals. They're right on this.

To keep your relationship stable: communication, respect, good skills at arguing, boundaries, forgiveness.
>>
File: 1459390289196.gif (2MB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1459390289196.gif
2MB, 250x250px
>>17963699

Where did you get the idea that the length of a relationship dictates the quality of it? You don't dysfunctional, fucked up people can't be in codependent relationships for years at a time?

There are people alive right now who've been married for decades in terrible loveless relationships.

Work on yourself and love yourself before you get into a relationship. Thats the advice. The fact that its difficult and/or contrary to whatever other ideas you have doesn't matter. Love yourself, because depending on the love of someone else to keep your sense of worth afloat is a recipe for misery.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.