[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you express affection and love to your father as an adult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 1

File: 1484274489417.jpg (59KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
1484274489417.jpg
59KB, 800x400px
How do you express affection and love to your father as an adult son?

Say I love you? Hug? Do you ever kiss him?
>>
Hug him when it's the right time
>>
>>17962057
Like when?
>>
I'm a lady but my dad is a super non-touchy feely guy (midwestern farmer genes). He likes it when I ask him for advice on stuff - how to fix the drain on my sink, how I should approach something with my boss, if I'm getting a decent price on new tires, if something sounds like a good investment, that kind of thing. He lives out of state so whenever he comes and visits I come up with projects for us to work on - last time he helped me build a wine rack.
I think he likes it because he can impart some of his knowledge to me and feels appreciated and valued when I ask for his opinions
>>
>>17962123
Well, I am not hug person, nor my dad is, but there are special occasions.. Like when someone important dies.. Or even nice situations, when something you both looked forward to ends up really well
>>
>>17962123
When he's sleeping
>>
a firm pat/grab on the shoulder and a nod
>>
>>17962133
This is very good advice
>>
>>17962057
>hugging your dad

I haven't done that since I was like 12. You shake hands.
>>
>>17962054
That's gay, i don't ever hug my dad unless it's a special situation, mostly i slap him on the back, but i guess that you simply be a man with him, in my case, my dad comes from a Sea-town, so he loves fishing, and the sea overall, i simply go fishing with him, asides from that asking him for advice, or simply talking with him, basically simply spending time with him
>>
I always give my dad hugs

We basically butted heads my entire childhood and most of my teenage years and had periods where we didn't even talk, but that is all in the past now and our relationship is much, much better

I love my dad and I can't imagine what I'm gonna do when he passes.
>>
I still hug and kiss my father. Anyone who doesn't is a fag.
>>
>>17963036
Kiss on the lips?

How do you initiate a kiss?
>>
>>17963505
>kiss on the lips?
Yes. I have to admit we've used a little tongue a couple of times, although we were both very drunk.

>how do you initiate a kiss?
The same way you initiate a kiss with anyone else.
>>
>>17962362
I know, cultural differences and all, but that seems like such a cold and distant thing to do
>>
>>17963545
Holy shit I just laughed so much at this. Are you serious with the tongue?

Im from Spain and in here it's normal to greet women with cheek kisses, but you can also kiss male members of the family. Sometimes when I go out I kiss my dad goodnight and when I meet my uncles in Christmas we do both handshake and kiss, although I always feel its kinda forced and uncomfortable
>>
>>17962054
>How do you express affection and love to your father as an adult son?

Communicate and express your feelings.
>>
>>17962133
This is a really nice post.

>>17962362
This is a really sad post.
>>
>>17963545
What's it like to have a dad you can kiss? That's awesome!
>>
>>17962054
I don't know. My dad always tries to hug and I hate it. Maybe it's just me, I'm hardly physical with people minus my girlfriend.

We don't have a good relationship though.
>>
I kiss my dad on the cheek and hug him and I'm 24 and my brother whos 10 years older than me does the same. Its probably a culture thing since we're all from NY though and the Italians have Le Bise. We're ethnically Irish though.

It really depends on your cultural upbringing
>Nordic
Hug
>Anglo
Hug, maybe kiss
>French
Hug and kiss
>Arab
>African
Honor killing
etc etc
>>
>>17962054

You don't have hug or kiss him (especially kiss)! Just spend time with him doing something that you both like. Play cards, watch a show, read an article and discuss. Then, just causality tell him something that you admire or look up to him. Or if you feel uncomfortable telling him, tell someone else like his friend, and it will usually get back to him.
>>
>>17963858
>I kiss my dad on the cheek
Does he kiss you back?
>>
>>17964332
Yes
>>
>talking to your father, at all
lmao fucking betas, do you need your daddy to hold your hand and guide you through life

pathetic
>>
>>17964862
My dad died today. In my whole life he never did any of those things. He was a pretty pathetic human being who drank himself to death. I wish i had a father that i could hold hands with, love, and respect.
>>
>>17964862
Theres a difference between need and caring, you sad lonely soul.
Family is one of the most important aspect of life, and no I'm not just talking biological and it is clear you have none.
>>
>>17964885
Do you have regrets over your relationship now that he died? Do you wish you had shown love?
>>
Does anyone ever sort of cuddle with their dad?
>>
>>17962054
Put your hand on his shoulder
Look him in the eye
and say
"I'm proud of you, son"
>>
I havent talked to my father in 7 years
>>
Fist bump with a bit of fizzle at the end, and maybe an elbow knock if the situation calls for it.
>>
>>17962054
My dad has passed away unfortunately (Oldboy here) but when he was still here I always hugged him when we met up. Loved my dad and didn't see him enough the last decade of his life due to distance and a lot of literally shit things that happened during that time .. I miss him and it makes me sad
>>
>>17965242
Wat? This is obviously joke right?
>>
>>17962054
Depends on your personalities. I told mine that I was greatful for everything he did for me, and i wouldn't have ended up on the right side of everything if it wasn't for his help. As sad as his passing was, I know it warmed him that i told him.

Today, 5 years later, I'm a father myself. I don't need them to show me gratitude, i just need them to eventually know that what i do/say is because we all want what's best for our kids, and nobody has a proper clue on fatherhood other than winging it. If they end up thanking me for it, that's a bonus.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.