[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After having my first relationship with a manipulative narcissist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png (7KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png
7KB, 645x773px
After having my first relationship with a manipulative narcissist and bouncing back(+self improvement), I honestly have no desire to mess around with women and have 50 relationships until I settle down at age thirty. I know a lot of girls who I can involve myself with, but I don't. I'm a lot pickier this time around. My ideal situation would be finding someone to keep along for the ride and just be with them until one of us dies. Silly right?

I've recently met someone who almost makes me believe that's possible. Why? Because she's an incredibly loyal girl who is crazy about me in a non-fling/narcissistic way, and, well, I want to keep her. But I don't actually believe in the realism of forever&ever (despite how appealing it sounds), so I hesitate. It's clear that I'm still damaged from my last relationship, that I'm starting to think if a break up is possible then a relationship isn't worth it.

Tell me what I need to hear & correct my flawed perspective, please.
>>
I'm 21 years old, by the way. I'm sure age matters under this context.
>>
give me attention pls
>>
>>17961755
Attention whore.

>>17961685
>she's incredibly loyal girl
>i want to keep her
Oh really? Then what is there you dont know about? Stop over thinking and date her dummy.
>>
>>17961876

My old relationship messed me up and made me extremely cynical that's all.
>>
File: 1305545322579.png (3KB, 142x138px) Image search: [Google]
1305545322579.png
3KB, 142x138px
Don't do it. I learnt the hard way. Women will always monkey branch to someone they find better than you once the novelty of being around you runs out.

Unless you live in a small village, chances are, there will ALWAYS be someone more handsome, taller, smarter, richer and attractive than you. She will leave you eventually, and there will be nothing you can do about it.
>>
>>17961685
>>17962027
I say go for it. There's always a possibility of a breakup, living in fear of heartbreak isn't going to help you.

I find it best to love, but not blindly. You have to be aware of signs of fading attraction, resentment, or other issues that might pop up. Work through them if possible, if not its best to split.
>>
>>17962071
Your childish enthusiasm sickens me.
>>
>>17962071

Thanks for telling me what I needed to hear!
>>
>>17961685
Opie, you are overthinking this. You aren't picking a life partner, you're deciding to get to know someone better. Just get to know her more and spend some time with her. Don't think past the next month. You only need to be that long term about your career. In any relationship you can just bail at any moment with few practical consequences. Go for it you pussy and stop being such a fucking pussy about it trying to get your life partner or some shit. Btw i am same age in 3 yr relationship. Shit is going great but who knows it might not be worth it in a few months. All i know is i love keeping her around and spending time with her atm.
>>
>>17962027
This is shit advice. Applies both ways. Maybe you will monkey branch to someone who offers you more value? The key is to keep improving yourself so that you are valuable. Sure there will be a super rich guy, but will the rich guy give her a stable, loving relationship and make her feel all gooey inside whenever he kisses her? Fuck no. He's got better shit to do with his time. Improve yourself and make yourself valuable, and equally unavailable.

Example: gf tells me aboout a convo with a friend. She told her friend about me saying that no matter how much money I make I will never buy her diamonds because they're not even rare, just overpriced. Her friend said to tell me "if you don't get them for me, I'll find someone who will".
When she relayed this to me I said "ahahaha arivadertchi!".

We are still happily together btw, and she worries a lot more about me leaving her than vice versa. But we don't play pety jealousy games either. It's just a healthy connection.

Improve yourself.
>>
>>17962322
>>17962343

This is reassuring and lovely advice. You're absolutely right. Thanks you anon!
>>
>>17962393
No problemo matey best of luck. :)
>>
>>17961685
one way or another, it will end, anon. most relationships do end. that's life. but why not enjoy the happiness of it if the relationship would go well as far as you can see for now?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.