[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a useless degree in History. >lol follow your heart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1216_cash-dollars_650x455.jpg (52KB, 650x455px) Image search: [Google]
1216_cash-dollars_650x455.jpg
52KB, 650x455px
I have a useless degree in History.
>lol follow your heart

What the fuck can I do?
>>
History teacher. That's literally it.

Or you can go back to school and get a quick business degree.
>>
Not entirely useless. Do you like any specific area, or just broadly likes history?

If you like specific stuff, dude, research and write articles on it. It doesn't pay bills, but it fills CVs, as well as keep you productive.
Reach out a professor you liked, or thought acessible, or simply thinks they hardy enough to accept helping you into writing stuff.
It may not be much today, but it may open up more opportunities in the near future. Just never allow your brain to go stale, or your life will follow.

Writing papers/research is actually fun, if you like writing. As I said, it does not pay bills, and I don't know about where you live, but if you write enough relevant stuff, you may be offered ... I forgot the word, but those programs where they pay for your continued education (so you get a master's for free, or half the price, or a phd), and even if not one of those, you may get a payment to do research, so it's not entirely useless, mate.
Just don't be naive in thinking that by just graduating, you'll be getting a job. Not even physicians get it this easy after med school.
>>
>>17961374
Almost any Ba is useless. You need to accessorize it with a Masters in a field you're interested in.
>>
degrees mean shit, what do you know? what can you do?
>>
>>17961411
i know nothing of value and can do nothing of worth.
>>
I have the same degree, and for now I work in a call center. history degrees prepare you for academia. the few jobs in this field are competitive with low pay or no pay. specialize in anything and use your degree as just a tool in your tool belt and tell people that it taught you how to research and write
>>
>>17961374
Sort of in the same boot with a polisci degree. You probably need to get a master's or doctorate if you want to continue in history. You can become a high school teacher or get a bureaucratic job
>>
>>17961429
to expand on this, what you actually can do is unimportant next to what you can say about what you can do. nobody understands what goes in to getting a history degree, so you have a lot of wiggle room in an interview situation. don't focus on your degree though in this setting as most people interpret a history degree as a degree in trivia
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.