[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm done asking the internet and reading every piece of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0285.jpg (660KB, 2048x1529px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0285.jpg
660KB, 2048x1529px
I'm done asking the internet and reading every piece of text I can find on how to get a girlfriend, how to have a successful date, how to be charming, how to work on ones self, etc.
I'm starting to listen to that one piece of advice that sticks out every time. The piece of advice I always ignored. And that's just: these things happen at a different pace for everyone.
"It'll happen" so I've heard a million times.
Everyone get's dealt a different hand, and we're all at the mercy of the randomness of the universe.

Anyways. Instead of asking for advice on how to get a girlfriend, please share some stories on your first real relationship, how you met, age, and such. Did it last?
It doesn't have to be a first relationship, any relationship you feel like sharing is good too.

I think it's better for me to hear stories, and gain perspective than it is to complain, and beg for advice thinking there's a cure all solution. Thanks.

21 M btw
>>
21 year old male.

I was 19 at the time when we dated. I had known her vaguely from highschool and a close friend reintroduced us and we hit it off. She was shy and wanted to take things slow, which was fine since I had never dated before. We where together for about 3 months before she broke up with me. I saw it coming though. She went back to college out of state and keeping contact was more work than it was worth. Ultimately though I think the relationship would have gone south anyway since we had very different social views, and it created a very awkward tension between us since neither of us were very good at communicating. This also hurt intimacy since I couldn't get much of a read on what she was thinking and she was very reserved, so I was always hesitant with her. I've hit it off with 2 other girls since, but nothing ever got beyond the first date. The one actually cancelled before it even got that far, and the other stopped talking to me even though she was already asking to see me again after the first date. Not really sure what happened with that one. I think a mutual friend told her to break it off, but who knows.
>>
I've dated a few people.
1st. Dated this person because my friends said I "needed to open up more" that was the stupidest advice ever. I was 18. I ended up wasting three months with them. They were decent looking but full of themselves and racist.
2nd. I dated this person in the military. I was 21. Met through a mutual friend. Great conversations, sexy mind, sex was a fail but I was willing to work at it. Turned out our values were completely different and we parted ways. Wish that parting was amicably. They manipulated me into being their "friend" until we "could get back together." Wasted an entire summer.
3rd. Met this person at a school function. I was 24. Highly interesting. Sexy mind, sexy hands, awesome sex. Mental breakdowns on both our parts. Parted ways. Not amicably. Still dealing with the pain from that.

Personally, I'm in the place where I just don't want to date anymore after that. I'm enjoying being single.
>>
All of my relationships have ended because I am seen by my gfs as, "more like a friend than a bf"
At the time I had no idea what they meant.
Now I realize now that I wasn't intimate enough with them and this causes me some great regrets in life
>>
I don't think I've ever been in a real relationship.
There were always moments where relationships almost happened but I never went through with them because of certain reasons/my life was too hectic to commit to a relationship.

I may have just fucked guys though/had one night stands.

But my memory is so bad that I can't say for sure which memories were real and which were just me imagining shit.
>>
I dated the first girl I met in high school, I was kind of socially stunted so she tried to teach me how to be more sociable and lead most of the relationship. I didn't know how to treat a girlfriend so I just did everything I could to make her feel special, I kind of went overboard in retrospect. We were both fairly depressed and being around her made it feel less like something I had to go through alone, it's kind of messed up to romanticize mental illness but that was a common thing then. I was way too clingy and codependent though, she knew it but i get the feeling she liked the attention of someone obsessive. The relationship devolved into just sex until she broke up with me, it was a surprise to me because the whole thing just seemed like a blur, but she said she hadn't been happy for a while. As much as I regret putting so much value in her, she lied and manipulated me more than I was willing to admit at the time.
>>
>26 y/o male
>single by choice for years (moving around a lot, partying a lot, random hook ups etc)
> first girlfriend at 24
>met in school
>date, fall in love
>lasts 1 year
>ends because my inexperience in relationships led to numerous mistakes on my part. forgetting important dates, not treating her special etc, being complacent
>break up 7 months ago
>depression for 6 months
>starting to get better and learnig to move on
>still love her

meh
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.