[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Yao-Ming.jpg (79KB, 645x493px) Image search: [Google]
Yao-Ming.jpg
79KB, 645x493px
Advice: "enjoy the journey. life is a marathon, not a sprint. learn piece by piece and you'll be successful at 40 etc."

I just think this is defeatist advice. For some reason I get fucking livid whenever anyone says this to me. The people at the top, the elite businessmen, athletes, models, actors, surgeons, young start-up billionaires, did they all tell themselves "i-it was just the journey i was on", did they always have an end-goal in mind, or were they just that naturally blessed? To me, if I'm not actively doing something to make it to that level, I don't want to waste my time doing it. this has caused me to mentally check out of the vast majority of activities i do in life. Especially if I fail once, then I'm definitely out.

>put in work
>you didn't make it this round anon, try again next time
>nah fuck this ima do something else
>meanwhile genetically blessed chad gets it down on the first attempt then gets his dick sucked right after

I've lost the motivation to try, if it was ever there in the first place. And I'd rather come in dead last than 2nd place, at least then i know i have no aptitude for whatever activity that may be.
In some weird clusterfuck of thought processes, I have a phobia of competing. And I want to succeed in life and reach that "elite" level and make people's heads turn.

How do I fix myself, or should I just end it now since I'll never be happy with life?
>>
File: imgg.jpg (35KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
imgg.jpg
35KB, 600x315px
Im in a similar situation,
except there's some things out of my control that I have extreme anxiety over.

Basically if they dont get fixed, I am destined to live a life of mediocrity, which is unacceptable to me, ill be an heroing if that happens.

You probably dont have that thing that is out of your control in your life, so your path is easier than mine.

I dont even know what your goal is, are you trying to get rich??
>>
You don't have to be neurotic about end goals to become successful.

Do you think Michael Jordan was focused on being a superstar every single time he practiced his shots? He just loved the game.

Enjoy the process motherffucker. You will never succeed unless you enjoy the process.
>>
>>17960649
Hoo boy have you completely missed every bit of the point.

I can't explain everything to you but I'll touch on a big one. Giving up when facing failure will never get you anywhere. Nobody has ever succeeded without losing. The key is to learn from it and adapt.

You're entirely too impatient and I doubt you can change at all.
>>
>>17960733
>Do you think Michael Jordan was focused on being a superstar every single time he practiced his shots?

Yes. Yes I strongly 100% believe he did with every fiber in my being.
>>
>>17960744
>Nobody has ever succeeded without losing.

tell that to the harvard grad student athlete chads (i know plenty) travelling the world on high paying consulting business trips and getting their dicks sucked in dubai
>>
>>17960752

Here's some wisdom from Scott Adams:

"Goal-oriented people exist in a state of continuous presuccess failure at best, and permanent failure at worst. Systems people succeed every time they apply their systems , in the sense that they did what they intended to do. The goals people are fighting the feeling of discouragement at each turn. The systems people are feeling good every time they apply their system."

Practicing your craft every day and enjoying it is systematic. Looking at your faraway goal and despairing every day is goal-oriented failure.

You can see from your own experience that your methods aren't working, so perhaps you should open your mind to other ways of thinking.
>>
>>17960762

You have the mind set of a complete and utter loser.
>>
>>17960770
you have the mindset of someone who's wife gets Black'd and Mohammad'd every night

kys faggot
>>
>>17960778

Go cry more about the chad's getting their dick sucked in dubai , faggot.
>>
>>17960765

>systems people are the betas
>goal oriented people are the chads who fuck betas wives and send them back to the Systems covered in cum

>t. scott adams
>>
>>17960792

>Ask for advice
>Act like a massive faggot when anyone presents advice that contradicts your beliefs

>t. lifelong loser and failure

Bye
>>
>>17960799
Your 'advice' is a lie.
It reads nicely and makes me feel good, but I have never seen it in anyone who performed at a high level at anything whatsoever.
>>
>>17960649
"If I fail once, then I'm definitely out."
"I'd rather come in dead last than second place..."
These kind of statements are all or nothing statements, also known as black and white statements. This type of thought distortion causes anxiety and defeat, demotivation. There's more grey area in reality.
And in order to live a healthy, balanced life, one needs to consider that the meaning of "life is a journey" means there are meaningful relationships had, goals working towards core values lived out, spirituality, and acceptance of self. Without that constant check and evaluation of balance, you'll find living is hell.
>>
>>17960826
So the life lesson from my parents: "don't do something if you're not going to be good at it" was a lie?

(srs question. trying to think this out)
>>
>>17960836
Chya. Major fallacy. Don't do something if you're not going to be good at it is stupid advice. Doing things we're weak at makes us stronger. It doesn't always feel warm and fuzzy but damn is it good for mental and emotional growth.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.