[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need opinions on this : >the shy unpopular geek is the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

I need opinions on this :

>the shy unpopular geek is the best boyfriend material because he'll be super nice, care about you, and never cheat

How true is this in your experience, or opinion?
I always figured the main reason why they "won't cheat" is because no other girl want them, and if one shows interest they're likely to be autistic and not notice. Now if they do, they're probably more likely to cheat than popular guys because the occasion of banging a new girl isn't likely to appear any time soon.

Now of course this is generalizing, but what do you think?
>>
>>17959836
>he'll be super nice, care about you, and never cheat
does not 'the best boyfriend' make.
>>
>>17959845
True, but you get the idea.
>>
>>17959836
unless you're a beta yourself, it will get to you soon enough and you will cheat on him. he will still be your bf because he'll be too beta to break up and your newfound fuck skills will make up for the cheating
>>
>>17959836
That it is bullshit.
He'll like you because you're the only person who notices him. He won't like you for you, just because you're their only option. They will cheat as soon as they can.
The fact is -you shouldn't date people because they are your only option, or even because they are the best option possible on the paper. You should date people because there is nothing on earth you could ever desire more than them.
>>
>>17959836

>he'll be super nice

Because he's an ultra beta who is terrified she'll leave him.

>care about you

Because loner geeks immediately become attached and in love with the first girl that pays any attention to them.

>and never cheat

Because there's typically not a lot of girls out there chomping at the bit to have sex with some nerd with a girlfriend. Also, shy geeky types have absolutely no experience juggling more than one girl at a time. They're likely to fuck it up before sex even becomes an option.
>>
He wont cheat on you because he loves you. He wouldn't even be dating you if he didn't have feelings for you.

At least any self respecting person.

You shouldn't think in terms of will he or wont he cheat.. should be thinking in terms of, how can I make this guy happy and not piss him off.
>>
>>17959918
>He wont cheat on you because he loves you. He wouldn't even be dating you if he didn't have feelings for you.
That's crap.
I always had a thing for nerdy guys and I am fairly sure 3/4 of them dated me just because I was pretty and gave attentions to them. No one ACTUALLY gave a shit about me, just liked me because I was a fuckable girl who liked them. The only guys who actually liked me were very charismatic, smart and had their shit together (and other options).
>>
I hate how women think a guy is physically unattractive just because he's shy. They have literal reptile brains that can't distinguish between color and sound, nor past and present.
There was a guy I remember in high school, virgin until senior year. He was blonde, blue eyed 6'5", played in a rock band, good grades, looked like a model, but was extremely modest and quiet in composure. His only girl was a 6/10 flat chested band geek who had just gotten out of a relationship with some fat loudmouthed manchild.
All of a sudden some girls who were social with his new gf were all crazed about how hes "changed" and how they were always looking at him and giving hints even though he only ever kept to his band group.
>>
>tfw that type of guy before. Now better adjusted but still not that popular with girls
>currently dating an absolutely awesome person met on Tinder
>every time I bump into a girl I'm attracted to, especially those "out of my league", I wonder if i'm in this relationship because I truly like her, or because she was the first to share my feelings since my last gf.

Basically, when I'm single, I try a move or asking on a date every girl I like until someone reciprocates, because I feel like I should make a move if I feel like it.
Now most of the time they don't reciprocate, but when one does, I start doubting myself.
Do I truly like her as a person or am I just settling?
Right now I noticed I keep comparing her to other girls, and not in the good way. And I know it's me because she's great.

Anyway, i guess it'll pass. I need to work on this though.
>>
The shy unpopular geek dated me because he was desperate to have sex, didn't seem to care about me that much after the first months and cheated on me. This is just one person so it doesn't mean much but. You know.
>>
>>17959949
>didn't seem to care about me that much after the first months

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>17959926
you didn't date me.

i wrote a long ass comeback but this fucking phone went back n fucked up my post.

tl'dr: you don't know shit about shit, you're just figuring it out as you go. good ppl are taken advantage of every day.
>>
>>17959956
Sure.
But most insecure, nerdy, shy dudes I've dated didn't give a shit about me and just liked me because I paid attention to them. As soon as they got confidence from dating me they stopped caring about me and dumped me/cheated on me as soon as a better option came along.

You might be better than them, I actually hope you are, but in my experience they suck greatly.
>>
>>17959963
Well, my situation was the male equivalent. I lost my virginity at 22, dropped out of HS, hated the whole education systems mechanical feel.

Years went by, I met a girl here on 4chan, artist like me, into the same kinda art. We skyped, fell in love, didn't even develop much of a friendship, just realized right away we were great for each other.

Months went by, we were long distance, so she basically walked all over me and destroyed my peace of mind. Neither I, nor she had any idea of how to stabilize it..ups n downs so strong I just wanted to break up already.. but I felt if I stuck around, she might realize the effort i was putting into it. Nope.

Today, my peace of mind is above that kind of shit. I wasn't perfect, but I sure as hell didn't cheat on her. In fact I lost 5 years of my life thinking about her needlessly before i realized i was suffering from severe depression, ended up taking celexa a few times to straighten myself out, even that many years after.

Not everyone is the same, not everyone is so ready to accept life as it is. A lot of people might toss you aside once they realize they are now "confident" because your pussy gave them that confidence, but they never appreciated you to begin with.. they just wanted to know what it was like to do with their life what they always wanted to do. Which is clog up every other hole in existance.

But like those guys, there are girls, and after that first dick, they go off and stretch their pussy into the biggest drum imaginable. Meanwhile, there's the guy in his room, in front of his pc having a hard time trying to write a message to her.. like an idiot. Till he realizes it.

Thankfully, we all eventually realize we dodged a bullet.
>>
>>17959963
I think this is probably the most common experience. The people here like to think they're one way, but that's almost exclusively because they haven't been exposed to any other way of life, so it's easy to have a bunch of preconceived notions about yourself because you've never had any of them tested
>>
>>17959954
Let's see. For the first months, he was all lovey dovey and clingy and how you expect the shy guy to be. After a while that simply stopped and I never felt loved anymore. I don't know the exact reason, because he refused to open up about his feelings. He was very jealous, even though I gave him no reason to be. He was just very insecure and was sure I would leave him for someone else. So I think he didn't trust me, and always had me at a distance if it makes sense. I also had some flaws (I was 18 and immature after all) and I think maybe he never forgave me for that, even though I changed a lot during the relationship (which lasted 3 years). He was very resentful.
In the end he cheated because he wanted to have sex with other women and didn't have the balls to break up with me. He had that desire for years but didn't say a word about it to me. I kind of feel like he used me to gain confidence and once he did I meant nothing to him.

So, answering the original question a bit more. If the shy geek is insecure, which I guess is quite likely, that can damage the relationship a lot.
>>
>>17959986
I don't think all nerdy guys are like the ones I dated when I was younger. They were cunts. It wasn't a huge loss since I didn't even fuck them, but the experience was awful. I am glad I found out that "nice guys" aren't honestly all that nice, and they'd be fucking every other girl if they just had the look or charisma for it.
I just think it's ridiculous how self-righteous these guys are.

I got lucky and I met this sort of greek god with a STEM degree and a passion for literature when I was 20 and I've been with him for years. He is ridiculously good looking and charismatic, and could probably fuck every girl I know, but for some reason beyond my comprehension he's stuck with me.
I love how all my female friends told me he would leave me and cheat on me, while he is so ridiculously in love with me.
So, whatever, I'm happy.

>>17959987
Probably. I met a lot of girls with similar experiences.
>>
>>17959986
thankfully, she didn't cheat on me either, but she did shit like go to guy friends houses and come back with drawings on her legs, pissed me off so much i just became a stressed out wreck. she did me a favor dumping me really.. I wasn't happy then, having invested so much of my mind, but when people realize they don't care about you, they just don't. weakness is what it is, just that. but hey, nobodies perfect.
>>
>>17960027
Well, whatever works for you. Happy for you. I know people who are physically weak, but spiritually strong, the opposite too.

In this life nobody knows till they know..till they fucking know. But by then, we're forced to move on. Sad but true.
>>
>>17959836
Women do not care about that.
They care about what they consider as attractive.

A nice guy who bends over backwards and has no confidence is not someone women will like.

Just ask girls how many of them would appreciate a submissive guy who wants to be pegged and be overwhelmed by how many will reject the idea.

They're not into that. Most women are submissive and want to be sexually dominated by an attractive guy, not worshiped like a goddess by unattractive social insecure guys.
>>
>>17959836
>>the shy unpopular geek is the best boyfriend material because he'll be super nice, care about you, and never cheat
>How true is this in your experience, or opinion?

I was a very unpopular geek in school, I somehow managed to date a girl who modelled (for work wear catalogues) for 5 years, I stopped being shy pretty quickly and bettered myself in no time because talking to anyone suddenly became easy (there's no pressure talking to women when you have a gf already), I never cheated, but you don't stay who you are forever, being an unpopular geek doesn't guarantee you will be nice or care about others.

basically it's a silly stereotype you are trying to use to sell yourself.
>>
the shy unpopular geek is most likely gonna be a passive aggressive man-child.
>>
>>17960077
A shy guy needs an even shyer or more psychologically or physically challenged gf. This is in order for him to be able to feel and appear confident in front of her.

Shy guys will never date good looking, emotionally stable girls. These girls will demand more manhood than these guys can provide, and they will be insecure just because she is good looking, and that's not attractive.
>>
>>17960077
>we hate it when men use the same evolutionary strategies women have

Only okay when women do it :^)
>>
>>17960383
I'm a guy, and it's not an okay behavior for anyone.
>>
I used to be that type of guy a long time ago. It's not true, they'll date you because you're all they can get and they won't let go no matter what. They'll be clingy and treat you like shit because they don't actually like you, just like having a gf.
>>
>>17959836
It's obvious you are just trying to get validation for yourself by projecting yourself as the best boyfriend a girl could ever have. Nope, that's not how it works. Your insecurity alone will make you a very lousy boyfriend. That's why you are still a kissless virgin.
>>
I've been with the shy unpopular geek a few times.
And nope. Cannot agree with that at all, about being "super nice, caring about you, and never cheating". Well, okay, perhaps the never cheating part.
Every time I'm shown why it's a fucking bad idea to go after that sort of person.
Usually because they're withdrawn, they have this mentality that they're better than everyone else, that no one is on their level, hence why they don't have any pals.
They usually don't have any pals because they're fucking obnoxious lmao. They don't no how to treat anyone.
Geek? Does that translate to playing video games? Because trust me, that usually equates to >video games are my top priority.

And being super nice means nothing, really. People can be super nice, but that doesn't mean they are entitled to a partner. You have to have something more than "being super nice," to get a girlfriend.
>care about you
Nope. 9 times outta 10, they only "care about you," because they don't see you as a person, but rather something as an extension of them. So they're not being genuinely nice, but only are nice to get in your pants/not be lonely.

>never cheat
How can you say this though? Would you say if they were presented with the situation to cheat, that they wouldn't? because I think they would, being starved of attention most of their life.

So yeah. There you go.
>>
>>17960077
What's the next step if I'm afraid I'm a bit like this? How do I improve? How do I foster genuine love and show people I care for them rather than see people as a reflection of myself and be clingy and emotional?

I feel like I care about the people close to me, but I'm also afraid I'm a bit like the geeks described itt. I wonder if it's possible to be somewhere in between?

If kys what's the step after that
>>
>>17959836
>he'll be super nice, care about you, and never cheat
keep in mind this type of person tends to believe that simply "being nice" the best thing that anyone can ever do for a girl, and does not understand how to show genuine interest in her life and nurture her passions; leading to an incredibly stale and boring relationship
>>
Reminder that "nice guys" are not actually that nice. Those who claim to be nice usually aren't.
>>
>>17961629
bump for this
>>
File: feels classic.jpg (309KB, 830x2600px) Image search: [Google]
feels classic.jpg
309KB, 830x2600px
This thread is hilarious. Its such painful generalizations.

If you are dating someone you can look at the whole picture. Namely why the person is the "Shy unpopular geek". It could be mental issues (red flag), low self esteem (clingy, will cheat, useless for any of the "being my rock" stuff most girls want in a BF), it could be an autismal focus on X or Y things, it could be because he has a disgusting world view he goes home and posts online about, it could be because he's a vidya game addict.

>the shy unpopular geek is the best boyfriend material because he'll be super nice, care about you, and never cheat

So is the shy unpopular nice geek Elliot Rodger the virgin shooter? Because I'm sure he'd be a supreme gentlemen with lots to talk about and treat you really well.

Is probably chick-tier advice where the guy they are talking about is just a normie instead of the "chad" they are normally looking at.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.