[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TL;DR: How to gain "drive"? That's it, never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 11420101565_9e36bbc267_o.jpg (1MB, 960x1028px) Image search: [Google]
11420101565_9e36bbc267_o.jpg
1MB, 960x1028px
TL;DR: How to gain "drive"?

That's it, never had any drive to do things.
>Picked up a lot of things but dropped them after some time
>was always afraid of failure thanks to my parents
>always functioned, never really lived
>graduated in one of the hardest subjects at University here, following the footsteps of my father, because I had no idea what else to do
>would rather spend my days sleeping and browsing
>>
>>17959811
What is important in your life and in the world?
>>
>>17959837
I dont really know... I want to create art and paint and draw, maybe cook more, but then again it's pointless because I'm stuck in this cycle of self destruction, laziness and isolation.

What's important to you?
>>
>>17959853
>What's important to you?
Creating passion and compassion.

>it's pointless because
Everything is objectively pointless.
What's meaningful to you, subjectively?
Why do you want to paint and draw and cook? Defining what you value is the first step in developing drive.
>>
>>17959883
mhm, that's admirable, but I've kinda lost my passion. Maybe I have to up my medication.
Thank you anyways
>>
>>17959908
>I've kinda lost my passion. Maybe I have to up my medication.
Passion isn't brought to you by external factors. You create it within yourself through effective choices.
>>
>>17959933
Passion can absolutely be brought upon by external factors. Finding the right community will push you to better yourself, whether it be in a hobby or your professional life.
For example, if all your friends are getting jobs you'll be more inclined to get a job too.
>>
>>17959811
That's called being depressed. Join the club, we have game nights every Wednesday. This week it's Russian Roulette.
>>
File: Alice_zps925bf068.jpg (79KB, 639x459px) Image search: [Google]
Alice_zps925bf068.jpg
79KB, 639x459px
>>17959811
The way I gained some of my drive is knowing that I don’t want to be a sack of depressive shit that I know I can become if I stop trying to fight to become a better me. I want to keep improving and become a better person which iI understand is a BROAD general idea. However, this is where drive comes in for me. I pursue activities that match it and the rest try to avoid. An example would be the gym. I’ve made it a big part of who I am now because I can see and feel that I’m becoming stronger and it makes me happy. Yeah I have dropped it here and there for the past 3 years because of lack of motivation but for the past months something clicked in me and I knew this was it. I knew if I dedicated myself 100% to it and stop being such a pussy I can become the person I signed up to be. Now for you situation maybe you need a general idea and go from there cause I don’t know you.
>was always afraid of failure thanks to my parents
-If you already know that you are afraid why don’t you try to get out of your comfort zone knowing full well you are going to fail at whatever you try out and do it anyway? This is the part of the learning process with anything. Learn to accept it and try ANYTHING. If you can’t come up with anything I will tell you something to do in the mean time you big piece of shit: Ball bouncing. go get yourself a soccer ball and try to bounce it for at least 15 times today. when you do manage to get it done. then tomorrow try to bounce it 20 times.this can help you increase you confidence in you.
>Picked up a lot of things but dropped them after some time
-TFW.jpg you already dropped the ball bouncing idea cause you are a sack of shit that your parents knew you were. Or maybe I’m wrong? prove me wrong faggot.

Theirs no easy answer for this my man but a suggestion for now it to get out of the comfort zone and do things. As simple as that.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.