[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>oneitis' dog is dying >lots of vet bills to try and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2823.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2823.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>oneitis' dog is dying
>lots of vet bills to try and save him
>she is extremely upset and tries to get the money together by selling off all her stuff
>convince her to make a gofundme for him
>all her internet friends and orbiters spread it around too
>end up getting almost 6k donated
>she spends three grand of donations on the dog before the vets tell her there's nothing she can do anymore
>he will just be in pain until he dies slowly if she doesn't put him down
>she finally agrees and he's put to sleep
>still have about 2.5k in donations
>she wants to fucking refund people or donate it all to charity in his name

how do I convince her it's not stealing and to just keep the money? She's clearly just sad and delusional if she's saying no to free money like this
>>
>>17959694
You're a horrible person, that money was given to her in good faith to help an animal, not line her pockets. Tell her to donate it to the ASPCA.
>>
File: 1393383706026.gif (985KB, 500x252px) Image search: [Google]
1393383706026.gif
985KB, 500x252px
>>17959694

>She's clearly just sad and delusional if she's saying no to free money like this

Or perhaps she is just an honest person, unlike you. She just has a developed enough moral center to know using the money that people gave her to save her dying animal for a shopping spree is a shitty thing to do.

Its ok if you're a shitty person just don't go around trying to convince others to be shitty too.
>>
Give the money back
>>
>>17959700
She was going to donate it to the local shelter she adopted him from like 10 or 11 years ago

>>17959701
Seriously? She's just about living paycheck to paycheck, it would be dumb for her to not use it

>>17959707
It was through gofundme, could she even do that?
>>
Bump?
>>
She's already wasting their money by blowing it on a dog. How much does a bullet cost? Might as well buy some handbags or better yet save that shit
>>
>>17959694
Tell her it's to pay for emotional damages to her psyche after losing her beloved pet; make sure you express how terrible a tragedy it was, and how the money will help her move on.
>>
>>17959754
People didn't donate the money for her to pay rent. They donated it to help her dog, now she doesn't need the rest. She's absolutely doing the right thing by donating it or giving the rest back.
>>
File: IMG.png (204KB, 1440x1635px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.png
204KB, 1440x1635px
Put it down peacefully, mourn it, then get a new dog.
>>
>>17959694

its not stealing. but that doesn't make it moral to keep it. dont get me wrong im sure people wouldn't mind if she kept it to ease her own suffering.

however its HER money. she shoulds pend it the way that makes her feel best. which may be donating to charity.
>>
>>17960603
Fuck those idiots; they're stupid enough to give money to someone's dog, than they're dumb enough to lose that money when she inherits it.
>>
>>17960580
She works at an animal shelter so she's definitely not that type

>>17960600
She already sees a therapist but it's covered by her insurance so idk how that would even work

>>17960603
Would it even be feasible to give it back though?

>>17960604
Kek, well I can respect that she didn't actually ask me for money even though she knows I'm pretty well off. Was difficult for her to even set up the gofundme

>new dog
suggested this, but she has another dog already and apparently wants to focus on him instead of just trying to replace the dead one

>>17960607
It just seems like a shitty way to make herself not feel guilty

>>17960609
This is exactly what I'm thinking
>>
File: braveheartbruce.jpg (232KB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
braveheartbruce.jpg
232KB, 1920x816px
>>17960692
> It just seems like a shitty way to make herself not feel guilty
It's her money. If you object if she spends it in memory of her pet, that's your problem, not hers.
>>
Really? No one is gonna help me?
>>
>>17959694
Donate the money to the vet so they can get a new room, machine, chair really anything in the name of her dog.

That would actually be something nice to do.
>>
Your girlfriend is just honest. Good girl.
>>
Tell her to use it to get a rescue and pay for its needs.

It's a win for everyone. The girl wins because she's got a new dog and means to keep it healthy and fed for a good while, the dog wins because it will have a loving home, and the donors win because they gave their money to help a sad girl and cute dogs and they'll be getting what they paid for, if not the specific result they were hoping for.

I guarantee you that anyone who gave money for that will be much happier with that happy ending than they would with the bad news and a partial refund.
>>
>>17961722
It's not his girlfriend.
>>17961700
Help you with what? It's her money.
>>
>>17959694
You're the douchebag in this story.
>>
>>17961715
would a couple grand even really help?

>>17961722
I wish she was my girlfriend

>>17961732
She already has another rescue dog she rehabilitated and she doesn't want to get another, she made that VERY clear. Got pretty upset when I suggested adopting another dog to replace him. She was going to donate to the shelter she got him from though

>>17961741
Help me help her to not make a stupid decision

>>17961744
I'm just being realistic
>>
Sounds like a sweet girl.... That said, if I donated money to her, I would not mind if she used extra to pay rent or treat herself to something to ease the mourning process.

I would only mind if she didn't try to save her dog in the first place and blew all the money on her own needs.

Donating it is more noble, but not necessary, in my opinion.
>>
>>17961753
>I wish she was my girlfriend
She'll probably never be if you have this petty mentality. It sounds she's very nice and you're an asshole for wanting her to behave like shit.
>>
>>17961732
It may take her awhile to be ready for a new dog.

Using the money on herself may ruffle some feathers, but the point of crowd funding is people with extra money give to someone in need. No one should be giving anything they can't afford and they should consider the money gone once donated.

If she feels better donating it, let her just do that, or pay the money forward and donate it to other funds for sick pets.
>>
>>17961754
I figured most people have his mentality so is it really that bad? Honestly, she did way more for him than most people would have for a dog who was already 11. I probably would've just put him down but in addition to the 3k in donations she spent 3k of her own money on him. Her savings are done

>>17961757
I'm just trying to get her to do what's best for her
>>
>>17961753

Just let her give it back or donate it if she's not going to use it on another dog. Her conscience isn't going to let her be okay with just taking people's money.

I assume her good heart is one of the things that appeals to you so much, so I don't see why you're trying to change her.
>>
>>17961769
What's best for her sounds creepy as fuck dude. Some people would give the clothes off their backs to keep someone else warm for the night. Just let her do what she wants. I can guarantee if you pressure her about this decision you will never end up with her. It's a retarded thing to concern yourself with, especially as someone that's not romantically involved with her.
>>
>>17961700
Lots of people already helped you with good advice, you just don't want to hear it.
>>
>>17961753
>I'm just being realistic
No, you're being retarded by trying to push your morals and greed onto a righteous individual.
>>
>>17960692
If she works at an animal shelter then she clearly cares a lot about the cause, and it would probably mean a great deal to her to be able to donate the money - a good deed she can look back on in her life.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.