[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>started college at 18 >dropped out at 19 due to bad grades

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1406331737194.jpg (40KB, 400x384px) Image search: [Google]
1406331737194.jpg
40KB, 400x384px
>started college at 18
>dropped out at 19 due to bad grades
>started again at 21
>24 right now and probably won't graduate for another 2 or 3 years.

I feel so self conscious about my age and where I'm at in life. I'm not failing classes, but I am taking about 3 classes a semester because I also work. It's just so slow. I keep telling myself that I would quit my job and take a bunch of classes, but I'm scared to quit.

Everyone is younger than me. I have no friends. People have invited me to do stuff, but I feel weird being with them even though I know it's not even a big deal. I don't even look or act my age. People have said that they thought I was 20. Some girl asked me out, but she was 19. I always say no to hanging out. I know it's my fault, but I feel embarrassed that I'm still in college at this age.
>>
Dont overthink it you are there to learn and to improve yourself as a person. The fact that you are doing that on your own is in itself a noble act.
>>
get over it

i'm turning 29 and i'm on good terms with mostly everyone in my college classes
>>
I am 18 and guy in my English class is 25. Most mature person out there. We never discussed anything about his age and he doesn't feel self-conscious as well.

It is OK.
>>
>>17959606
Some years ago I was 30, pushing 31, and started a two year course in a class of 19 and 20 year olds. The youngest was 17, and in other classes there were 14, 13 and 12 year olds. I felt strange, old and stupid, everyday, for two years straight. But I had to take that course, because my useless college degree and my depression-fueled long term unemployment made finding a job nigh impossible.

So I did.
So you will. You are having a tougher time accepting it yourself than your classmates. I don't want to negate the importance it has to you; I'm just reminding you that in a few years it won't matter.

Be more open, accept oprtunities.
>>
Hey listen. So a big chunk of the population goes to school right out of high school. Some people don't. You're just one of the people who didn't. Unless your reason for not going to school until now is "jail for rape, murder, and cannibalism" no one cares. There are tons of normal, fine reasons why you'd wait before going to college.
I think one of the important things here is that people are inviting you to hang out and do stuff. That means they want to hang out with you, most likely because they think you are cool and fine.
"Hey anon, how old are you"
"25"
"Oh?"
"Yeah, I went to school before but it didn't work out. I worked for a couple years and now I'm back."
"Oh, cool"

No one cares. No one thinks you're weird. You're cool and fine.

(and 19 isn't _that_ much younger anyway)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.