[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/ what do I do? To start off, my dad used to play the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (67KB, 277x277px)
file.png
67KB, 277x277px
Hey /adv/ what do I do?

To start off, my dad used to play the guitar ( there's a receipt in there dating back to like 1989 ) and I became interested in learning it, but it was in my sister's room (she was 'planning' on learning it, even though she's doing drama, singing and netball, while I'm currently doing nothing).
So what I decided to do was take it and learn how to play the notes, I learned how to tune it, where to rest my fingers and how to play a few simple tunes.
My sister didn't even realise it was in my room for hours (it was practically gathering dust, untouched and behind a few boxes), until I left my bedroom door open and it was right there.
So what she did, was she took it and said the following:
"This is mine, stop stealing my stuff"
I told her that I was learning how to play it and she said she was too, which she isn't.
I've tried to message my dad on Facebook (He's working in another country atm) and I can't get a hold of him.
She's such a pain in the ass, what the hell do I do? If you have any questions, I'll reply as best as I can.
Thanks in /adv/ance, /adv/.
>>
>>17959522

i believe, good anon, that by the content of this post, your age to be under the due requirements to operate this site legitimately. After reading this post, do go back to safer parts of the internet.

Guitars are cheap, ask for a chinese knockoff one around $150, or goto a used instrument store
>>
>>17959531
What if I want to play that specific guitar? It means quite a lot to me, even though it never belonged to me.
>>
>>17959538
Ideas:
Explain it your mom if you cant get to your dad.

Just use it when your sister is out

Offer to pay her

Tell her off, "you dont even use it!"

Challenge her, " if i can play more chords or songs than you, i get to keep it"
>>
>>17959650
>Explain it your mom if you cant get to your dad.
I'll try

>Just use it when your sister is out
It can work, if she left the house.

>Offer to pay her
I'm not gonna pay her for something that isn't hers.

>Tell her off, "you dont even use it!"
She'll say she does, like before.

>Challenge her, " if i can play more chords or songs than you, i get to keep it"
Lol I can't even play any songs in it.
>>
just talk to her , say you want to learn how to play, you'd like to use it "at least when she isn't using it" . basically frame it in a way that she'd look like a total bitch for denying you.
>>
>>17959699
clearly she just wants it for decoration

sorry op, get your own. what brand/model is it anyways?
>>
>>17959699
>>17959730
woops forgot to explain why i said that. it's just for decoration, so in her fucktarded mind she's always using it. even though she's never using it as a guitar

14 year old girls are this way. retardedly selfish. literally only capable of thinking about themself.
>>
>>17959733
...She's 19.
>>
>>17959733
>>17959730

probably she just holds a grudge against OP and wants to 'one up' him or whatever

but really I think if you just genuinely approach her and talk about the situation it would look pretty retarded for her to not let you practice with it
>>
>>17959778
19 year olds are too lol. Yeah just take it from her desu. What brand is it btw? Can you post a pic of the guitar?
>>
>>17959799
I would if I could, but I can't get to it unfortunately. It's a 6-string acoustic guitar, it comes in a black case with red felt padding inside of it. It has all these "COHSE" stickers on it, like "COHSE says pay up!" or something... something my dad did back in the early-90's.
>>
>>17959790
Talking to her is a pain in the ass. She doesn't listen and you can get easily agitated when talking to her. That's not an option.
>>
>>17959818
Just buy a starter guitar on craigslist or from a guitar shop. They sound like shit but you can practice on it pretty well. Get good at it then tell her she can use that if she wants to play the guitar. I feel kind of weird me and my siblings would never withold instruments from eachother :/. Gl senpai
>>
>>17959813
why does it have so much value to you? why can't you get a different one?
>>
>>1795983
Ehh, I just want to use my dad's. I'll explain in next reply.

>>17959839
I held that guitar back when I was like 9-10-ish and was told that it was mine. My dad works away 3 weeks at a time, so I don't really see him. My sister always takes advantage of my dad and I feel that my dad is disappointed in her, he fixes her car for her, hell he even added an aux cord just because she wanted one, the wiring and all. I always looked up to my dad, because he is amazing, he's a jack of all trades. You know what I mean.
>>
>>17959818

if talking isn't an option then you can't do shit unless you want to steal it or use violence, so why even ask the question
>>
>>17959884
>or use violence
Because I'm going to beat up my sister over a fucking guitar, get a grip you retard
>>
You both sound like you're fucking 5. Its hard to believe you're not underage because me and my sister used to do this shit when we were in elementary school.

You shouldn't have taken it in the first place since is not your's, you're in the wrong. Either offer to buy her a cheap guitar for decor or just drop this whole thing.
>>
>>17959890

I didn't say you should, and it's no wonder your sister doesn't like you, you're a presumptuous faggot.
>>
>>17959897
Thanks for the 'advice'
>>
>>17959903
Sarcastic and snide, too. I bet none of your family likes you, and you have no friends either.
>>
>>17959909
I heard sarcasm was the best kind of humour, so there's no reason I wouldn't have any friends lol
>>
>>17959909
>projecting this hard
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.