[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some help real quick >talk to a really cool girl that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1481618659566.jpg (37KB, 600x468px) Image search: [Google]
1481618659566.jpg
37KB, 600x468px
Need some help real quick

>talk to a really cool girl that's really my type the other day at a student thing
>we hit it off really good and she clearly showed signs of interest (kept touching me, playing with her hair, maintaining strong eye contact etc.)
>talked to her again over facebook last night while being out
>I said something that wasn't meant mean (more like teasing but in a joking manner) but I guess it could be interpreted mean (it's difficult to convey satire over messages unfortunately) and she never replied, in fact it shows that she hasn't even seen the message yet even though it says she's been active in the app several times throughout the day (I'm thinking she saw the message last night, got upset and just blew me off)
>even if you did interpret my message as something mean it wasn't even that bad but yeah idk I have a pretty high sensitivity to taking the piss and maybe she doesn't

So what do I do now? Do I text her like "btw I hope you didn't take that seriously last night" or just stay silent and wait it out, hoping she'll reach out again? She seems really cool and I would hate to miss my chance because of something this silly
>>
You're obsessing too much over this one person and your last message to them. Maybe they're busy or maybe they just didn't feel like talking or maybe they're just as nervous as you are. There are many many reason for why she hasn't responded yet. Get your mind off of it and find something fun to do with your time. You are not defined by this girl.
>>
>>17958862
I have no sympathy for those of you that get yourself in shit like this via text. How about using the talkie/listen/talkie feature of your phone.
>>
>>17958894
kinda hard when there's loud music playing m8
>>
>>17958899
either turn the music down, go to a quiet place or fucking call at a time the music isn't blasting. Lot easier than lobbing a text and worry about it for days. Come on use your head and grow some balls if you like a woman.
>>
>>17958887
yeah I guess maybe you're right... it's just that she seemed really into me the other day and I would hate for her to stop pursuing me under the impression that I'm not into her since I said that "mean" or "dismissive" thing, when in fact I thought she was really cool. I guess I just want to signal that I am in fact interested.
>>
>>17958912
I know what you mean. However, it's up to her to ask what you meant by your text message if she's confused. If she doesn't pursue then that's her problem. Not what you want to hear, but there are plenty of other girls out there. You're value isn't tied to this one person.
>>
>>17958910
Fair enough, I probably should've just called her and I'll keep it in mind for the future. Unfortunately it doesn't help me in this specific situation though as the damage is already done so to speak (assuming damage has been done, i.e. that she did see my text and got upset)
>>
>>17958920
Yeah looking for what can be done better in the future is good. Speculating and trying to predict an outcome is unhealthy and will just make you miserable.
>>
>>17958920
you can still call the girl and if there is a problem explain yourself and apologize and if there isn't you win.
>>
>>17958919
yeah I see what you mean, luckily I'm introduced to new girls almost every day through various student activities so it should be relatively easy to move on. Guess I'll just carry on meeting new girls for the time being and if she reaches out to me at a later point just take it from there
>>
>>17958929
>>17958930
the only issue here is that I don't have her number, only her facebook, so I would have to facecall her and considering we only spoke once for like 2 hours that might be a bit over the top
>>
>>17958931
Exactly. Stressing out about what this girl may or may not have thought is a waste of your time and energy. Best wishes to you m8.
>>
> kept touching me

when I worked in a nightclub all female bartenders kept touching me. Does that mean they wanted to date/fuck me? No, not even one of them was single judging by theirs facebooks

> playing with her hair

one of many self-calming behaviors

> maintaining strong eye contact etc.

could be sociopathic, or maybe you're hard to understand, both verbally and by using body language? Doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>17958862
Don't apologize for the joke, just let it be for now, and start another conversation when you want to talk again. You gotta learn to just move past awkward little moments like this, it only gets bad if you make a big deal out of it
>>
>>17958936
thanks bruh

>>17958999
I think it's well understood that certain micro-expressions can at least to some extent reveal what a person is feeling/thinking

>>17959024
yeah this is probably how I'm gonna do it, thanks man
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.