[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an arrogant bastard and I know it. >It gets in my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: arrogance.jpg (30KB, 498x328px) Image search: [Google]
arrogance.jpg
30KB, 498x328px
I'm an arrogant bastard and I know it.
>It gets in my way.
How do I change?

Inb4:
Volunteer for charity or church stuff.
>>
>>17958638
Do introspection. Like really think why you are the way you are?
Spend every day thinking about it (not all day thought) and optionally write it down.

Or if you don't mind drugs, take 5g of shrooms. But make sure you or someone in the family isn't schizo.
>>
>>17958655
No drugs.
But like... I'm at it again now:
I have waay too much cool shit going on in my life and I just go into brag mode talking about it.

Cool and well payed job, a great apt and know a lot of cool stuff about cool stuff due to my education..
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qM-gZintWDc
>>
File: 1363835465148.jpg (51KB, 640x350px) Image search: [Google]
1363835465148.jpg
51KB, 640x350px
>>17958638
hang around people who are better than you, and then those that have it worse than you but make the best of their situations better than you or have better traits than you do.

everyone puts on a persona and can act a certain way but in reality be a total mess; get to know people and realize that everyone has a weakness and something they're good at.

i doubt you're good at everything, and neither is everyone else. learn this by actually talking to people and socializing.

when you have your first sense of enlightenment about how pointless you and life is philosophy also helps put your arrogance aside.

good luck, anon arrogance is normally a sign of immaturity and the inability to learn. hopefully you can shed it.
>>
>>17958638
The one thing that made me stop bragging about how amazing I was was actually putting myself in a challenging environment and meeting people better than me.

Put yourself in situations bigger than you. Take risks.
>>
>>17958706
also learn to be vulnerable. arrogance can be a defense mechanism we use to protect ourselves. do some introspection like other anons mentioned about your earlier life if you think something might have led you to want to protect yourself emotionally. if there's anything, work on fixing it.
>>
every time you catch yourself bragging or being arrogant , be aware of it, and notice how people react. notice how no one is impressed and actually they think you're a douche. realize that you're not actually getting what you want (people to like you and be impressed by you) with the actions you're taking.

keep doing it for months and eventually you'll change
>>
>>17958638

it's very difficult to change that kind of behavior in yourself

but rest assured sooner or later you will come across people who are more arrogant, more bastardly, more etc than you ever will be and they will stomp your butt to shit

at this point you can decide to try and be a better more cooperative person or you can try to be more arrogant

until something like that happens you will likely never change and never even see the need to change

the other alternative is you will get old and bitter because you're such an asshole nobody will want to spend time with you, which is probably already the case anyway
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.