[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend says he wants to kill himself. I know he won't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: 1480813218111.png (29KB, 882x1289px) Image search: [Google]
1480813218111.png
29KB, 882x1289px
My friend says he wants to kill himself. I know he won't actually do it, but his depression concerns me and I don't think anyone else will help him since I'm his only real friend. I'm going to talk with him tomorrow about it. What should I say? What should I not bring up? Are there any really important things to tell him?
>>
>>17958307
Tell him "it WILL pass too".
>>
File: 1299098344847.jpg (15KB, 271x245px) Image search: [Google]
1299098344847.jpg
15KB, 271x245px
>>17958307
If he's serious, there's nothing short of police intervention that can stop him.

If he's just trying to attention whore then just talk to him and hear him out. You can figure the rest out later, letting him vent is more important.

Up to you to figure out which one it is.
>>
>>17958581
Fuck kids that whine about suicide for attention. If your friend is one of these faggots, then tell him to man up and do it.
>>
1) Let him listen to Pink season
2) Beat the suicidal thoughts out of the little fucker
3) Make him watch iDubbbz
4) Do it for him, make sure you have his consent written on a piece of paper
5) Get him a hoe

One of these should work
>>
He probably won't, because most people who commit suicide are born with a chemical imbalance in their brain that makes them able to overcome the self-preservation reflex, however you should help him in whatever way you can before calling the police.

>>17958756
>Let him listen to Pink season
Pink season is pretty awful, its another bargain-bin anti-Trump themed album
>>
>>17958307
He probably won't do it, if he was determined to do it he wouldn't be here now anymore. That being said, any even can change this and he may snap if he already feels that way.

Whatever you do, never ridicule him over this or tell him to man up. It will make him feel worse, he CAN'T get over it, keep this in mind.

Hear what troubles him and offer to do some recreational activity or something... if he's far gone idk what to tell you senpai

you are a good friend for caring
>>
>>17958766
event* not even
>>
File: 1420435467508.jpg (26KB, 367x500px) Image search: [Google]
1420435467508.jpg
26KB, 367x500px
>>17958637
>>
File: DGDKN.png (69KB, 893x865px) Image search: [Google]
DGDKN.png
69KB, 893x865px
>>17958307
I remember calling the police on a friend that kept telling me he was going to kill himself and he never pulled it again. He thanked me afterwards, and still thanks me to this day.

Try talking to him first. I usually try to be understanding and calm/collected, then try the more abrupt approach if he doesn't listen and is playing the pity card. Let him know if he dies, that's it. pic related, as lame as it is.

but as annoying as it also is, be there for him. don't ignore the signs as annoying as they may be, and do something if you think it might get out of control; don't let him use threats (saying your'e going to kill yourself is emotional abuse/manipulation after a while), and act on your gut instinct because sometimes people, especially with bipolar or borderline personality disorder will make threats for attention, then get so upset they get ignored they/feel abandoned that they actually kill themselves. it's part of the disorder, same with extreme depression.

it's fucked up, so just do what you feel you need to do. he will most likely end up baker acted/in a psych ward until he is more stable.

sorry if I'm rambling, just been there before.
>>
Anon here who's been suicidal before and attempted suicide, take your friend seriously, OP. Your friend's pain is very real to them and very overwhelming. Ask open ended questions such as, "How are you really feeling? What do you think led you to feel this way? How can I help you? What are you doing to manage these thoughts you're having?"
If your friend has hopeless sounding responses for any of those questions, it's best to call emergency services right away so that they can get the medical help they need. Your friend might be pissed with you but, it's the best thing to do for yourself and for them.
Remember that even though you're their only friend, keeping them alive isn't your responsibility. You're their friend and friends get outside help from family members and medical teams when necessary. It's great you're there for your friend. Best wishes to you both.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.