[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people in the city richer? It seems like people in the city

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2736.jpg (71KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2736.jpg
71KB, 852x480px
Are people in the city richer? It seems like people in the city have more money and find shit low priced. Isn't it more beneficial to be social and in a city then anything?
>>
>>17958213

rich people can afford to live in the city. but a lot of people go there and become homeless, and many just go there and struggle financially for hte rest of their lives.

i live in los angeles and only make 1500 a month but its enough to fund my lifestyle because i made some smart investments and had a lot of luck thrown in. but i dont even get the basic luxury of say, a car.

>isn't it more beneficial to be social and in a city then anything

what? you mean is it more beneficial than ANYHTING? no. it literally doesn't matter. there's no real benefit of being social in the city than anywhere else. if ur tryna convince yourself that moving to los angeles or another city is your ticket to a good life, you're wrong. i love it here. i live right off the blvd and do whatever i want any time. i just got back from a great night out with friends.

but i also did that when i was in guam and even in delaware. life is what you make of it. and forcing yourself to an expensive place thinking that just living there will lead to money is pretty fucking dumb
>>
>>17958221
You live in la on that much? That doesn't sound that hard. I wasn't thinking la in particular.
>>
>>17958213
City dewller here, san diego is fucking expensive, not as much as San fran, but it's up there.

There's a reason why the homelessness problem is outta hand here.

I honestly dream of living in the countryside, but i still have a job here in the city and i go to college.

I am poor as shit living with a roomate for 800 a month, i dont get my own room or my own bathroom. It sucks.

No im not rich, and because of saturation, being social doesn't pay off.
>>
>>17958225
My friend moved from San Diego to the country and he hates his life and he almost wants to be homeless to go back
>>
>>17958224

>that doesn't sound that hard.

it can be when yuo consider that a studio apartment in my building currently costs 1300 a month, and it is considered one of the odler ghetto buildings. not old enough to be interesting and therefore valuable. just the cheap kind that used to house mostly hispanics.

my two bedroom apartment i got at a steal thanks to rent control for 1500 a month and i can sublet my spare room for 1100 meaning i only pay 400 a month for rent.

but most people ARENT that lucky and if you think 'OH LOL ILL BE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES' then you are NOT ready for LA life.

i pay 400 for rent
300 for food
100 for bills
100 for bus pass
300 for 'fun' (eating out and movies and such, only 75 a week mind you)
300 goes into savings.

but i live a very simple lifestyle.
>>
>>17958233
Didn't you go there under the assumption of being lucky?
>>
>>17958225
San Diego is the cheapest city on the entire west coast.
>>
>>17958244

not at all. i was expecting to have to share a room indefinitely.

thats also not a smart way to think of it.

every actor comes here thinking they'll be lucky. most end up going home.
>>
>>17958272
I didnt say I wouldn't share a room
>>
I used to live right in the heart of downtown in Seattle. I paid $300 a month for rent but had to work a minimum of two to three jobs just to make ends meet. Most days I didn't have enough money left over to purchase a decent amount of food. Living in the city like that sucked.
>>
>>17958213
What makes you think it benefits society? The cost of living is more expensive, so generally the wages are too and more people end up on the poor end of the spectrum. You seem incredibly materialistic and uneducated. Guessing you're still in high school?
>>
>>17958418
Everyone there makes and has more money and things that happen there are on the news
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.