[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, senior high school fag here. My friend said he wants to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1478015968953.png (1MB, 1280x988px) Image search: [Google]
1478015968953.png
1MB, 1280x988px
Hey, senior high school fag here. My friend said he wants to kill himself to me on Skype today. I know he is slightly exaggerating and he will never do it, but I want to have a serious talk about it with him tomorrow.

I'm his only real friend that he hangs out with because since all the way back in middle school I was nice to him since I'm not naturally a dick. He has some other "friends" and though they have fun conversations together, they aren't "really good friends" who hang out outside of school.

He's never afraid to speak his mind unless he's threatened by someone who is willing to hurt him, then he pussies out and lets the alpha dominate and walk all over him. He becomes a complaint doormat, so people can walk over him if they want.
>>
Most people now are nicer to him and like him for his humour, but a few months ago, some girl he liked called him a "permanent virgin" or something like that and more. My good friend found out and wanted to beat the shit out of her (in reality, he'd probably just scream at her, but the intent was there), but when asked who told him that he refused to say so to defend her. He talks shit to everyone except for people who are legitimately mean to him and he is too afraid to challenge.

He is a really bad listener and a constant interrupter so he makes a really bad friend when it comes to developing meaningful relationships. Unless he really cares about what you're saying, no matter how important what you're saying is or how passionate you are about something, chances are he won't care unless it's a joke. He is really shallow when I think about him and doesn't seem to think much other than on being opinionated on certain political issues and some other stuff. Honestly, now that I think about it he's a pretty boring person. He must have a deeper side, but he hides much of it probably because he thinks it's boring in my case or doesn't trust others.
>>
He started working out to lose weight and he's dedicated which is good. He is into politics and world events which is probably how we got along. We usually talk, laugh and watch YouTube videos rather than do hobbies together. He can be pretty fun, but he isn't trustworthy. He leaks things that sound bad about people behind their back and talks a lot of shit. I would be fine with that if he only told me since I never tell other people's secrets unless it works out for all of us, but he tells secrets to the kind of people who leak everything to everyone they can. He's gotten fucked over by them before, but despite my advice he keeps coming back for more (though somewhat more reluctantly).

I want to bring up all these faults so that he can make new friends, hang out with more people than just me and be happier. How can I unload this into him and help him change? Getting to discuss his depressed feelings is the first step, but what are some key things to bring up in the conversation? Is it worth it to try to change him? No matter what I say he won't cut contact and stop being my friend (unless I do and say things I would never say in real life). After all we've been through and my feelings about and reactions to the things people have done to him, I have to say that I really care about him and his well-being to the point that I would use violence to help him (that's why I started working out, the only reason I don't even tell the authorities about it is because he begs me not to and prefers to maintain the vicious cycle). Can I actually change this guy's life?
>>
tl;dr My friend is depressed and needs help. I want to talk to him about it tomorrow. Are there any key things I should or should not bring up?
>>
Tell him his life matters to you
>>
>>17958358
Really this.

OP is the only person who can say this and it will make a hell of a big difference.
>>
Let him vent and if he doesn't want to listen to you then be abrupt.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.