[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

welp im 18 decided to take off a year instead of going to college

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 1458962865847.gif (2MB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1458962865847.gif
2MB, 400x400px
welp im 18 decided to take off a year instead of going to college cause i had no idea what to major in. got some experience in a computer shop hated it cause all the coworkers were miserable pieces of shit.
so got a new job a restaurant and same situation.
is it just low wage jobs that you encounter sshit people or is it all wages?
seriously has helped me figure out i cant work this shit for the rest of my life. but still what fucking field do i get into that doesnt make me deal with toxic people?
>>
>>17957885
If you have a problem with every single worker at multiple jobs it is probably you.
>>
>>17957888
Trips of truth
>>
>>17957885
Take general ed classes, (math, language, history, science) and use that time to figure out what you want. Electives additionally help you figure out. the purpose of these classes is so you can explore your interest before committing!
>>
>>17957888
well its not everyone.
actually one of my bosses is really cool and we talk about philosphy and some other shit.
but everyone else seems to be interested more in smoking and drinking.
even had one coworker i was working with tell me"we are on different sides of the spectrum" in a negative way and i asked him for his reasoning and it was about me not drinking or smoking.
>>17957901
right now im taking some trade classes at night to see if i like anything. but i still feel just as lost
>>
File: 1477417333817.jpg (38KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1477417333817.jpg
38KB, 396x385px
>>17957885

>>17957901
>Take general ed classes, (math, language, history, science) and use that time to figure out what you want

probably shouldn't do this tbqh. you can't figure out what you want to dedicate your life to by taking boring ass gen ed. History and lang are both useless majors anyways

do lots of research and look at employment, salary, and perceived job satisfaction. Try to find a good mix of everything. Think about shit you like and do research on jobs in those fields. then go to college with a written plan to have focus. "figuring shit out" in college leads to a lack of focus

>dealing with toxic people
get used to it. you're going to deal with assholes all the time. If not customers: business partners, coworkers, etc. no getting around it. Even doctors deal with asshole patients
>>
>>17958088
By taking general ed classes, you interact with people from different majors. You talk with them and perhaps learn a thing or two from their interests. You don't literally use the general ed classes to find your major. Don't be dense.
>>
>>17957885
going to college is about more than just majoring in something interesting or picking something that will land you a good job. higher education is the mark of the upper class. you go to college because it makes you less pleb and you get to hang around people who aren't complete shit eating troglodytes.

get an education. stop fucking around.
>>
>>17958136
Half of everyone in college is a complete dumbass
>>
File: Cw4cr7rUAAAW-xD.jpg (141KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cw4cr7rUAAAW-xD.jpg
141KB, 1200x900px
>>17957885
I know where you're coming from. When I worked at Safeway I was constantly harassed and told to duck a bag of dicks. When I worked a construction job a few guys threatened to slit my throat... Honestly it's because these people are threatened by our superior intelligence. It even happens here on 4chan as I'm sure you're well aware. Hang in there buddy.
>>
>>17958119
>you interact with people from different majors
or people who also have no idea what they are doing with their lives. most 18 year olds out of high school have ZERO clue

>learn a thing or two from their interests
sure, but figuring out your major is mostly something you do on your own over time.

you talk as if gen ed is some enriching experience. but it's boring. cnahces are op will just sit in class thinking about what else he's rather be doing

> the purpose of these classes is so you can explore your interest before committing!
this is what i'm talking about. the purpose of the classes is mainly to milk money out of students

You can also explore your interests by reading a book. doing research. taking an online course. volunteering. all of this is free or cheap. taking classes is expensive and time consuming. my two cents
>>
>>17958141
yep. now remember that only ~38% of the population gets any kind of secondary education. this includes fly-by-nite degree mills and two year technical degree's.

so either go to college where only half of everyone is a mongoloid, or spend your days cast down with the lowest society has to offer.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.