[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have been through a lot of traumatising emotional and sexual

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: images.png (11KB, 250x216px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
11KB, 250x216px
I have been through a lot of traumatising emotional and sexual things over the last few years and it made me go psychotic.

Now I'm in a good place around good people, but my emotions are all fucked and I can hardly feel more than a hint of good feelings or libido at any given time. I've been like this for months.

I feel disconnected from the world, I can only strongly emotionally react to some music sometimes.
It feels like I'm drifting through life and not a part of it
How many years must I wait until I can feel everything good intensely again?
>>
>>17957726
You might need to start learning to live with it, you've developed a disconnect with the world as a cushion, if something bad happens it doesn't feel very real so it won't hurt as much (like your favorite TV show character dying vs an actual person you care about dying). That's the mechanism behind it, once you understand that it should make coping easier, I've found that taking 5 minutes out your day or any moment you can to just relax,sit still, close your eyed and really focus on listening to the world around you, it helps quite a bit (for me at least)

t. I've got PTSD from growing up in a warzone in Africa and experience a similar feeling on a daily basis, almost as if I'm watching a movie instead of experiencing real life.
>>
Open the doors of your heart

You are not disconnected from the universe

you perceive you are because you selfishly believe you are separate from everything.

Pro-tip: you're not.
>>
>>17957827
I agree and appreciate the sentiment, but you've gotta explain it further to the OP in a way that makes sense, at face value what you typed looks like mysticism and bullshit (mind you I 100%) agree with what you said, but if I hadn't studied things like that on my own your post would seem useless to a lot of people here
>>
>>17957837

I mean without mysticism, the fact that we originated as one piece of matter (Big Bang) in one point it time, shows that we were once as one.

Myticisim aside. Emotional reactivity is not the key to happiness. When you are pulled by happy emotions intensely, you are likely to be pulled by sad emotions equally. Thus reacting to emotions is not enough for deep happiness.

I don't what it is yet but I know emotions are barely scratching the surface on how we experience the universe.
>>
>>17957854
tru tru I like the cut of your jib anon
>>
>>17957854
Good emotions and atmospheric feelings is all that's needed
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.