[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over all the cringey shit I've done in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1484430509983.jpg (184KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1484430509983.jpg
184KB, 1080x1080px
How do I get over all the cringey shit I've done in the past? Everytime I'm feeling happy or confident with myself I'm reminded of something I've done that sucks away those positive feelings in an instant.
>>
It sounds like you haven't fully dealt with the past. There are many things that I have to do: 1) Learn from it & do not that shit again. 2) apologize if applicable, or post on GITOYC thread. 3) Move past it...depending on how bad the stuff was, it might determine how long it takes to move past it. 4) Volunteer an hour a week, you'll feel positive and good about it.

The stuff popping up isn't a horrible thing, if it reminds you to not do it again. But you have to deal with the past to move forward with the future.

Everyone has good & bad. Just have more good!!! If you don't have enough good...volunteer!
>>
>>17956784
>How do I get over all the cringey shit I've done in the past?

if you're a normal human being this will never happen, those embarassing memories are yours for life

get some more positive memories to offset all the negative memories
>>
>>17956784
The best way is acceptance. You want to feel good about yourself and yet you're having a difficult time accepting yourself in the past and in the present, making you unable to enjoy the future.
Accept yourself for who you are and all that entails, past mistakes and accomplishments.

Also, it's important to remember that our feelings are fleeting. They come and go. It's unhealthy to stay stuck in deeply sad or stuck in really happy feelings. The key is to manage our emotions in a healthy manner while accepting who we are. Learning that makes life beautiful.
>>
>>17957022
Not OP but what if the past sticks to you in an ugly way eg. people carry a perception of you that stems from past actions that aren't necessarily representative of who you are in the present. Reputations are hard to shake after all.
>>
>>17957029
A rep is hard to shake especially when other's perceptions aren't the truth of who we really are. The thing is, if we base our reputations on others' perceptions of who we are, we give over control to others instead of taking control of knowing who we are, managing ourselves' thoughts and emotions, and not giving a fuck what other's perceptions and even expectations are. Other's perceptions and expectations shouldn't mean much if their values aren't in line with our own values. At the end of the day, who's in control?
>>
OP THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT AND WILL GET OFFENDED THAT I POINTED THAT OUT

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GET OVER IT THEN YOU NEED TO REVEAL THE CRINGIEST MOMENTS THAT ACTUALLY BOTHER YOU WITH FRIENDS, OR FAMILY IF YOU DON'T HAVE FAMILY. YOU NEED TO BRING IT UP AND FORCEFULLY LAUGH AT YOURSELF IN GOOD COMPANY

I WAS FRUSTRATED ABOUT A CRINGY MOMENT IN HIGH SCHOOL SEVERAL YEARS BACK WHERE I WAS SITTING IN A CAR ALONE WITH A GIRL THAT LIKED ME AND DIDN'T DO ANYTHING AND FUCKED UP THE REST OF THAT WEIRD RELATIONSHIP SO HARD, I BROUGHT IT UP WHILE DRINKING TO A GOOD FRIEND AND A STRANGER OF MINE AND POINTED OUT/LAUGHED AT HOW CRINGY I WAS, AND AFTER THAT I NEVER LOOKED BACK

CONFIDE YOUR PROBLEMS IN OTHERS AND MAKE SURE TO LAUGH AT HOW STUPID AND CRINGY YOU WERE AND YOU WILL OVERCOME YOUR REGRETS
>>
>>17957057
TO FURTHER CLARIFY, THIS IS NOT CHERRYPICKED

I HAVE DONE THIS SEVERAL TIMES SINCE FOR SOME OF THE MOST PERSONAL THINGS IN MY LIFE AND NOW I'M ASHAMED OF VERY LITTLE FROM MY PAST. IT'S ALL JUST FUNNY NOW AND I'M CLOSER WITH MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. BEING A TOUGH GUY WAS RUINING ME EMOTIONALLY AS IT IS YOU. OPEN UP
>>
>>17957057
Confiding your mistakes and flaws to others you trust is helpful. Yet, if you don't accept yourself, sharing your flaws and mistakes with others can result in basing self worth on other's opinions. Accepting yourself is the result of being able to laugh at yourself and feel confident to share with others.
>>
>>17956784
I think this is one of the qualities that separates good people from bad people, and you're one of the good ones. Assholes rarely feel ashamed of themselves, they rarely believe that they've done something wrong. In your case, you'll never get TOO full of yourself when you're doing well, because your brain will remind you that you're also capable of doing very poorly. This is a good thing, and it's meant to be painful
>>
>>17956784
You can't
>>
>>17956784

remind yourself that you learned from that experience and won't make the same mistake again. You're likely a completely different person anyway
>>
your past is what you make of it so you can bring these memories up and make joke of them or you can bury deep in your mind and ignore it
>>
>>17957356
False

Your past is what everyone else makes of it
>>
File: 1479756326652.png (88KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1479756326652.png
88KB, 320x240px
>>17956784
well there is one way I know
>>/fit/
>>
>>17958455
I second this, getting /fit/ is doing wonders for me. Now I go to the bathroom and feel great seeing myself in the mirror before doing et al. instead of showering/shitting/etc in shameful silence.
>>
We're different people all through our lives.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.