[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i make money programming? What languages should i learn?(i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

How can i make money programming?
What languages should i learn?(i learned the basics of c++)
18 yo in high school
>>
Be a web dev. You don't even need college for that.
>>
>>17957064
>web dev
I'd say it's a decent job for an 18 y/o to get.

OP it's good if you learn some C++ but it's very unlikely you'll get a job doing it before you get out of college.
>>
File: 1469236293472s.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1469236293472s.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>17957064
excuse my retardation but why would anyone need a web dev if they can go to squarespace or some similar shit ?
>>
>>17957082
>you can customize how the site will look to the tiniest detail instead of choosing from templates
>you can request actual functionality i.e. user sessions, searching for products, usage analysys/reports, etc, instead of just static content
>>
>>17956770
Apply for jobs if you think you're good enough.
Chances are the basics won't be enough, you should try making some programs on your own to get the hang of it.
>>
>>17957082
squarespace = $18 a month
amateur web dev = $O(1) up front, $5 per YEAR hosting
>>
>>17957099
>>you can customize how the site will look to the tiniest detail instead of choosing from templates
>>you can request actual functionality i.e. user sessions, searching for products, usage analysys/reports, etc, instead of just static content
squarespace does all those things though.
>>
>>17957144
He's just trying to keep his shitty business alive. For "web development" most people could figure out how to get what they want on their own but of course they don't and opt to pay some nerd to do it.
>>
>>17957144
Shit like that is great if you want some portfolio website or a homepage for your small business but when you need more complex features like integrating third party APIs or databases to store and retrieve stuff from, there is no perfect solution. There are a million things unaccounted using stuff like squarespace. There exists software to make mobile apps for non technical people also and mobile development is huge.
>>
>>17958261
What this guy said, plus a lot of the web is going to become more interactive in the future. So more programming is required such as JavaScript which is more complex than HTML and CSS. Javascript is required for most web dev jobs now a days.

Also the backend is for most people more difficult style of programming, controlling the flow of data from the page to sever to database. You also need a basic understanding how a database is programmed.

It's much more complex than hey I put an image on a website and some words with HTML tags.

>t. A student who is going to be interviewing for front end developer jobs in the next 6 weeks.
>>
everyone is basically a "web dev" now. (I'm exaggerating but bear with me)
no one really builds windows/Mac applications anymore, most business goes through browsers these days.
that doesn't mean you just learn html/CSS/JavaScript and call it a day - there is still logic implemented behind the scenes, often with Java or c# , to get that website working, communicating with back end and other services, etc.

if you want to be highly valuable , html,css,js is absolutely necessary . SQL is pretty much ubiquitous as well. if you want to work at big companies you can learn Java and/or c# , or if you prefer start ups you can specialize in JavaScript and learn frameworks like angular/react and node.js
>>
>>17956770

Teach programming on chaturbate.
>>
>>17959286
Do you work in the industry?

if so:
I have a pretty good handle on js, css, html. I can work with bootstrap and some Jquery. I took a database course and learned some basic SQL, built a DB and did tons of query's.

I also know basic Java and c++.

This would look good on my resume?
Almost finished building a mock website and going to get into building my personal one. Im doing it all from scratch not using wordpress or anything like that.
>>
>>17959739

I've been studying for a bit over 2 years and had two paid internships.
Looks like you're headed in the right direction.
Definitely focus on making a nice portfolio if you aren't accredited by any school.
You absolutely can't go wrong with javascript and SQL. Javascript is actually an incredibly complex language if you start digging around under the hood, so you can go far with that, and with node JS handling back end I see javascript becoming the go-to language in the future.
>>
>>17959767
I finishing an IT degree from an accredited school.

I was CS but Im poor and didn't have the $ to complete it, plus I get to graduate earlier. Which sucks because I wanted a degree i was proud of. Im probably going to try and get a Master in CS at some point...will likely need additional courses for a program.

I've taken Software Eng. and Computer/Assembler Lang. I guess those will also look good.

I never did an internship, but I've been working an unrelated desk job the entire time.

That's why I love JS, I might want to do backend stuff too and it's great I can just pick up a framework and do it.
>>
>>17959822

personally I don't think getting more education is really that important. a college degree + some experience in the industry is as good or better than being le master scientist in most cases.

I mean you can go and apply to almost any software company and write their business logic, front end, db. That's where huge numbers of jobs are.

The CS education is more necessary if you want to write complex algorithms for google, or do data analytics, or stuff like that.
>>
>>17957144

>he thinks you can design anything custom in WYSIWYGs

Let me guess, you also think Wix and salesforce are great platforms?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.