[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How easy is to take 9-10 different classes at once per semester

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1450593629459.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1450593629459.png
260KB, 563x542px
How easy is to take 9-10 different classes at once per semester in college.
I want to do my major in three years (SE).
>>
>>17956734

almost impossible unless you never sleep or already know the material

a 3hr credit class will meet 3x week for 1hr and you can expect to spend 8+ hours studying per week for that 1 class
>>
I don't think your school will even let you do that
>>
It's fucking nearly impossible as previously stated. Your daily life will be pretty busy with 5 classes let alone 10. Don't rush yourself. It isn't worth it.
>>
File: 1473590049191.jpg (62KB, 640x483px) Image search: [Google]
1473590049191.jpg
62KB, 640x483px
>>17956855
>>17956859
These.

And even then, credits don't necessarily always translate to how many hours the class meets a week.

I've had a 2 unit class meet 6 hours a week (3-hour lab x2) and a 4 unit class meet 8 hours a week (3-hour lab x2, 2-hour lecture).
>>
>>17956734
Your school won't let you

I think my max was 18 credits a semester, which is 6 regular classes
>>
Really bad idea. I took 18smhrs and my life was so outta balance and shit.
>>
take online classes or if youve never taken the class before test out of them through college board. its the big secret colleges dont mention but you can test out of almost any 1st or second year class by teaching yourself and passing a test through college board- its called a CLEP test. if you do this the class wont count on your GPA though, it will just show "except".

it is possible but very time consuming, look up the available instructors for each class on ratemyprofessor and take the easy ones for shit you dont need and then the legit prof, who teach you actual knowledge, for the classes you care about

I did this and took 20 credit hours of basics at two different community colleges in one semester, just make sure you verify which course is which that will transfer to your university, also make sure you actually have a plan bc sometimes some uni's want different prerequisites for the same major. goodluck
>>
I finishes my degree in under 3 years. I didnt do what you did, OP, because its stupid. I took 6 classes, usually a universitys maximum number of classes allowed, and did it Fall, Spring and Summer until I graduated.

Let me tell you, anyone who isnt dumb will say its the best thing ever. Youll be done with bullshit education sooner and making bank at 20 while others will be finishing at 23 or 24 or even 25.

Its do able OP, just not your way
>>
File: Fucking hitler.jpg (349KB, 1200x854px) Image search: [Google]
Fucking hitler.jpg
349KB, 1200x854px
>>17957409
Listen to this anon. You'll not be taking just 30 hours per semester, it'll be another 60-90 hours per week of studying, since you need 2-3 hours of study per class hour to excel. 30 hours is only possible by taking classes from a regular university and a community college and not giving a shit about good grades so long as you pass. I had a friend do just that, and he had no plan to use his degree in its field. Granted, that man was good at bullshitting and is now a financial analyst and salesman, and a big damn liar
>Hey anon, I totally invented a way to improve United States Air Force fighter plane sensor arrays, but got screwed out of selling my idea to the government for millions of dollars by a professor.

Take 18 hours if you must, and just study your ass off for each class. That's a reasonable amount unless you're a prodigy or just damn skilled in your field

Go forth, and excel
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.