[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

28 years old, had a mutual breakup with my ex after five years.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: despair.png (233KB, 457x380px) Image search: [Google]
despair.png
233KB, 457x380px
28 years old, had a mutual breakup with my ex after five years. ended up regretting it after having some time to think i contacted her a couple months later and she was dating someone else already. i exploded and said some awful and hateful shit that i regret, and i apologized even though i knew she didn't want to hear from me again. she said thanks for apologizing, now don't contact me again. i haven't. it's been about five months since then, and though i'm better at dealing with it now, i still feel immense regret for doing that and i feel like she was the one and i let it go.

i guess i'm just asking fellow anons who have had lost their supposed "ones" and moved on to better their stories, or how to deal with the regret of being such an immature prick and wasting so much time. the feelings and thoughts for her seem to come in waves, i'll have good and bad weeks but overall the hurt is lessening bit by bit. just wanting to get through this easier. any tips? especially since i'm not versed in the dating world or anything since moving on. thanks /adv/
>>
Alright, I got time.

First question: have you had sex since the breakup?

It helps, but it's not the only way of letting go.

Second question: Have you forgiven her for all the things she did wrong, or are you still resentful of anything she did during or after the relationship?
>>
>>17956575

1. no, neither of us got out too much. that isn't to say i'm socially awkward or anything, but her and i (and our friends, mutual or otherwise) enjoyed doing our own thing. after the breakup i've been a wreck as this thread would show so i don't get out too much, i know that's a problem. been to a few parties but it's mostly been taken women with my friends there.

2. not fully, but i've made progress. i know this is an important step. it's rough to keep my mind occupied.

as a side note, i bought a journal, a kindle, and a piano to try some new things/read shit because i know it's a healthy road. it's just a struggle to stay motivated. i feel drained and listless. thank you for what time you have to spare anon.
>>
It's always the worst when you did something stupid to ruin it. Had you just walked away like a man and not contacted her again, she may have came back to you. Unfortunately you looked like a pathetic dork and got all angry because you didntt get your way.

Learn from this mistake and start moving on. That relationship is over and you need to put it in your rear view mirror because you two are not getting back together. Dont let this ruin your future OP.
>>
>>17956592

yeah, i'm more than aware of how fucking pathetic and childish it was. i honestly can't say what got over me. i'm working on putting it behind me, hence this thread.
>>
>>17956607
Like I said, just learn from it and start moving on. You need to realize that she's gone and that's it. I know it's tough to do but hopefully you can start thinking that way and not obsessing over it so much.
>>
>>17956616

i'm not disputing that. i was asking for any general tips to overcome and how to get around in a dating world i'm not close to familiar with.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.