[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not posting this on /fit/ because I don't think they'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1482681568775.jpg (63KB, 540x566px) Image search: [Google]
1482681568775.jpg
63KB, 540x566px
Not posting this on /fit/ because I don't think they'll help me. I've been working out at the gym for 3 months and have seen very little results. I'm underweight and am trying to gain muscle. I've been eating more too. I have gained 15 pounds though. I'm an 18 year old, 5'10, 135 lbs male.

I think I'm not pushing myself hard enough. How can I do that? I give up more really than I used to I guess, but that's when I seriously can't lift anymore for that set and need a spotter to help me. I feel like I'm doomed, any advice or idea why I'm still skinny?
>>
>>17956307
First, you have to stop the idea that change will happen soon or fast. The people you see in the gym all bulked up are a result of years and years of hard work.

Secondly you should talk to a trainer so you're not wasting your efforts doing the wrong things. The first 6 months should be very small results
>>
>>17956307
keep try
>>
>>17956307
You have to eat more than you think you do. I am 100lb and to grow I consume about 8000cal a day of high fat dairy and protein.
>>
>>17956307
Eat a bunch of carbs, like mashed potatoes with butter, add butter instead of oil. Do you cardio routinely and make rest days. You are skinny because you think 3 months will change your life, try to think in terms of years or decades. Take your time or you will end up having stretch marks which will make you look loose and flabby. All in all, it all depends on what your goals are.
>>
Stop doing pansy curls and isolation exercises. Do this program
http://stronglifts.com/5x5/

Be sure you're using the right weights. Don't try to "push yourself" by adding too much weight, make sure you can do all the reps with good form. And watch your form, you more than likely are doing a few things wrong, some people have shit form even after year of working out. You don't need to feel like you're about to pass out after every single set. In fact, only the last set of an exercise should make you feel that way, that's what actually builds your muscle. And that's why the last set should be the one where you use the most weight (although you shouldn't worry too much about that yet. You should worry more about doing the exercises properly now).

If you feel like you're not seeing enough results eat more, that's the main factor deciding your weight. You should be eating 3-4k calories a day if you want to gain weight fast. And 100-150g of proteins if you want most of that weight to be muscle. You can grab some supplements if you don't think you can get that much from your food, although your main source of protein should still be normal food, since supplements are harder to process by your body. Try to get as many of those calories as you can from vegetables and lean mean, those are easier to digest. If you have problems gaining weight simply increasing your calorie intake at an unreasonable level is a bad solution, because you most likely have some nutrient deficiency, so you should eat healthier food instead.

But that's not the case for you. 15 pounds in 3 months is OK. It could be better, but it's definitely not bad. Gaining (or loosing) weight takes time, you can't expect to go to the gym for a few months and look like a greek god. Stick with it and it will add up. Over the years, not in a few months.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.