[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over the fact that I've wasted the best years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1425340799470.jpg (83KB, 651x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1425340799470.jpg
83KB, 651x1037px
How do I get over the fact that I've wasted the best years of my life with nothing to show for it?
>>
By either (1) doing something about it or (2) not caring. You'll be dead by the end of this century for sure and all this will be long forgotten, so who gives a fuck? Find something you enjoy and do it. Waste time then die.
>>
File: Cabbage-Leaves-and-Engorgement.jpg (39KB, 478x358px) Image search: [Google]
Cabbage-Leaves-and-Engorgement.jpg
39KB, 478x358px
start over. look at this cute picture of a cute cabbage-hat baby
>>
>If you slept through your 26th birthday, it's too late for you to experience that. It's too late for you to watch "LOST" in its premiere broadcast. (Though, honestly, you didn't miss much.) It's too late for you to fight in the Vietnam War. It's too late for you to go through puberty or attend nursery school. It's too late for you to learn a second language as proficiently as a native speaker*. It's probably too late for you to be breastfed.

>It's not too late for you to fall in love.

>It's not too late for you to have kids.

>It's not too late for you to embark on an exciting career or series of careers.

>It's not too late for you to read the complete works of Shakespeare; learn how to program computers; learn to dance; travel around the world; go to therapy; become an accomplished cook; sky dive; develop an appreciation for jazz; write a novel; get an advanced degree; save for your old age; read "In Search of Lost Time"; become a Christian, then an atheist, then a Scientologist; break a few bones; learn how to fix a toilet; develop a six-pack ...

>Honestly, I'm 47, and I'll say this to you, whippersnapper: you're a fucking kid, so get over yourself. I'm a fucking kid, too. I'm almost twice your age, and I'm just getting started! My dad is in his 80s, and he wrote two books last year.

>You don't get to use age as an excuse. Get off your ass!

>Also, learn about what economists call "sunk costs." If I give someone $100 on Monday, and he spends $50 on candy, he'll probably regret that purchase on Tuesday. In a way, he'll still think of himself as a guy with $100—half of which is wasted.

>What he really is is a guy with $50, just as he would be if I'd handed him a fifty-dollar bill. A sunk cost from yesterday should not be part of today's equation. What he should be thinking is this: "What should I do with my $50?"

>What you are isn't a person who has wasted 27 years. You are a person who has X number of years ahead of you. What are you going to do with them?
>>
>>17955300
>>17955319
Not OP, but thank you for this. Time to get back to living.
>>
>>17955302
Damn this is one adorable little babby
>>
>>17955293
OP I'm in my mid 30s and I'm starting out again for the 4th time. I'm excited about it, about the fact that one made new friends, been having amazing experiences and I know I've a lot more to look forward to. Stoo being a pussy, get off your fat ass and enjoy yourself. Also stop smoking weed, the meme is bullshit. GL
>>
>>17955319
This.
>>
>>17955319
Hell fucking yes.

I live for posts like this
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YA0g2T7z5ic

Check it out. 80yr old still got it. "It's never too late."
>>
How can they have been the best if you wasted them dipshit?

Let that sink in for a monent and you'll get it
>>
Just spend 2 years of body building with steroids and put yourself up for offer as somebodies sex toy. Have a 10/10 sexy girl take you in and make sure she keeps bringing in regular disease free partners into the mix occasionally. And agree that if she takes care of you and feeds you that you'll have sex with her whenever she wants

Live a year this way and nothing else that happens in your life will ever beat that
>>
>>17955319
Good blurb but thats the wrong definition of sunk cost
>>
File: IMG_5933.jpg (32KB, 758x526px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5933.jpg
32KB, 758x526px
>>17955319
The ICA needs you back 47
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.