[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are certain people so obsessed with japan and its culture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1474255609263.jpg (1MB, 2048x1638px) Image search: [Google]
1474255609263.jpg
1MB, 2048x1638px
Why are certain people so obsessed with japan and its culture even if they have never visited?
What makes them feel so attached?
>>
I think people like the idea that Japan is so much different then the US. It's a different culture, lifestyle, and area. People love to think that the grass is greener on the other side, and many people think that they should have a better time in Japan
>>
>>17954682
Because Japan produces a fuckton of really cool and influential art.
>>
I don't watch much anime or any Japanese shit really, occasional DBZ or samurai movie...

But Japan looks comfy as fuck. It just seems like a cool place. Also a lot of American kids grew up playing games made/influenced by japanese. So it's like a nostalgic majestic video game land for some guys.

The night life looks really cool too.
>>
Grass is greener. The exact same thing can be applied vise versa.
>>
>>17954682
Wonderful to visit, worst place in the world to live in and work.
>>
>>17955154
I much prefer living here than the UK thank you.
>>
Weebs think that it's a place where they're going to be loved and accepted there unlike where they live, even though 'otaku' are just as ostracised in Japan as they are everywhere else.
>>
File: 284a2c84982a5a62d7a5773f4f01da7a.jpg (543KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
284a2c84982a5a62d7a5773f4f01da7a.jpg
543KB, 1920x1080px
>>17955523
>even though 'otaku' are just as ostracised in Japan as they are everywhere else.

This is what conformist normies want to believe (`・ω・´)
>>
>>17955154
>worst place in the world to live in and work.
What makes you say that?
>>
>>17955154
You have never lived or worked in Japan.
>>
>>17955154
everyone says this
>>
Japanese culture is highly romanticized on the internet and most people ignore the shitty parts of the country. Images like OP also demonstrate this. Also, ANIME LOL.
>>
>>17955570
>most people ignore the shitty parts of the country

Wealthy bilingual westerners with good careers needn't worry about this. You can choose the life you lead and who you hang out with.
>>
>>17954682
Japan tends to embody feminising males as well as appealing to outcasts and neets. You can just naturally sense somethinge different about it from all of the art that comes out of it.
>>
>>17955598
and also all the people attracted to it.
>>
Oldfag perspective:

As a kid in the 80's - early 90's you learned that Japan is where the video games come from.
>>
>>17954682
Fucked if I know, never been interested in the place.
>>
>>17954682
Personally, I like all the cutesy things they sell and anime. But I have no idea what the culture is like and don't really want to be a part of it other than the consumerism.
>>
They're one of the few red-pilled countries left that are somewhat worth living in.
Oh, and weebs ofc.
To be fair, for me personally it's an additional factor that I absolutely love Cyberpunk and well, the closest you get to it is Seoul and Tokyo.
>>
>>17954682
Culture pundits have probably written entire essays on the subject. My personal theory: Japan has a very insular and stifling society, thus as an outlet from this social repression it has produced more extreme forms of escapism.
>>
>>17954682
Those people (we call them weeaboos) know nothing about their own cultures, and therefore think Japanese culture is superior to their own. They only scratch the surface of Japanese culture though. They cannot comprehend the depth of it.
>>
>>17956514
>They're one of the few red-pilled countries left that are somewhat worth living in.

Isolated countries aren't red-pilled. They might have nationalistic policies but their view of the outside world is completely distorted. In the event of war, they'll get their shit pushed in.
>>
They focus on the good and ignore the negativity in Japanese culture. They don't think about that at the work place you are nothing in Japan, that their suicidal statics are very high, depression and stress even higher, that it's a shaming culture so any mistake you do will be heavily punished (like complete isolation of the individual). A reason why many teens run away from home because they don't want to be a disgrace for their family with bad grades, etc. I mean come on, if you look closely, Japanese culture even make pedophilia seem acceptable. A woman 25+ is considered a leftover (basically a disposable), if she isn't married by then. And talk about marriage. Mostly their parents have to agree to the marriage, if they actually don't hook you up themselves with a partner (which they will if you don't get your ass moving after pushing your twenties). Causing many to wed people they aren't in love with and get kids, they stay together since the culture believes it's better for the child and it's a disgrace to divorce your ''beloved'', but cheating is okay! :D As long as you stay with your wife/husband and pretend you are a happy family!
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.