[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get active in dating? I'm 27 and I'm about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: EtbIQ9X.jpg (63KB, 711x495px) Image search: [Google]
EtbIQ9X.jpg
63KB, 711x495px
How do I get active in dating?

I'm 27 and I'm about to start my second semester of grad school. I dated a couple weirdos in undergrad, but not to the extent that I got any real experience. From the 3rd grade through my undergrad, I would get these obsessive crushes on girls. I've finally matured past that, but it hindered me for all those years.

I can be really awkward. As a kid I was diagnosed PDD-NOS, which back then basically meant I didn't fit the criteria for Asperger's, but doctors knew there was something weird about me. Since then I've only been diagnosed ADHD, and I don't know if something's really wrong with me, or if my self-confidence is just shot from believing there is.

I've done some interesting things - I was in the Peace Corps and I worked with the UN a little, but I can tell when I bring it up I just sound insecure.

First semester I got invited to do things, but I always felt so anxious that I just stayed home most of the time. I don't think I'm disliked, but I do sense that I come off weird sometimes.

While I was in the Peace Corps I read a stupid number of self-help and dating advice books, so I'm embarrassingly well-versed in the theory behind all of it. But I can't really bring myself to be flirty.

There is a pretty Indian-American girl I have a thing for, but I don't know what to do.

I'm working on getting fit, but right now I guess I'm just "skinny-fat". I think I probably look kinda geeky. My hairline's receding, but I have the right haircut (the "Jude Law"). I can talk a lot about the arts, but I've spent my youth exploring such fringe things that it's hard to relate to girls with them (music like hardcore punk and bebop, depressing indie drama movies) - it's like even knowing about that stuff makes me weird or immature, so I tend to keep quiet about it.

What do?
>>
You seem well adjusted and non revolting. Seems like you just lack self confidence. I mean, you've even dated before but you don't feel confident enough to talk to a woman. How did you get pussy before? Just do that again.
>>
Bump, the feedback is useful
>>
Cold approach. Trust me, it's a legit remedy for anxiety, awkwardness, and confidence.
>>
>>17955330
Interesting, details?
>>
>>17955380

I'm not >>17955330, but -- start conversation, be interested and caring, but let the chick do most of the talking. Listen, reply with confidence and respect.

Semi cold, semi quiet.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.