[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you raise a son who isn't a pussy and can stand

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

How do you raise a son who isn't a pussy and can stand up for himself?
>>
>>17954039

How old is your son right now?
>>
>>17954042
My wife is pregnant with him. He will be our first child
>>
>>17954048

Meet him before trying to "make" him into anything. Give him a chance to show you what he's got before making your mind up about him.
>>
>>17954042
I want him to be able to defend himself from being bullied by other guys without being an aggressive asshole, and I want him to resist being manipulated by women without ending up hating them.
>>
>>17954053
Children are a product of there environment, sitting back and doing nothing isn't going to help. I don't expect to directly tell him to not be a bitch, but I do expect to have an involvement
>>
>>17954039
1: Do not, under any circumstances use 4chan for parenting advice.
2: Profit.
>>
People become weak when they let others do for them. Teach your son the tools to do for himself and he'll use them if you set the example.

In a nut shell, if you're a real man, he'll be a real man.

Also, it's a vagina, not a clown car. Don't try to raise a dozen kids at once and expect to bat 1.000 with rearing functional adults.
>>
>>17954061

Of course. But you don't know him yet. By the point where he will have to deal with girls and bullies he will be just developing his personality.

You can't make up a training regime to MAKE him be a certain way. You have to roll with the punches and HEP him through the obstacles, if they even come up. So don't pre-program this. Do it WITH him, not FOR him. Every new parent wants to have a plan. But no plan survives contact with reality. The fact that you care shows you'll look after him. That's all he needs, someone on his side. A lot of us didn't really get that. Your son is already starting way ahead.
>>
Always encourage him to go outside, experience, socialize, absorb the world as much as possible.
The best way to deal with life is by experiencing, plain and simple
>>
File: 1394410775751.gif (983KB, 250x197px) Image search: [Google]
1394410775751.gif
983KB, 250x197px
>>17954039

>How do you raise a son who isn't a pussy and can stand up for himself?

By teaching him compassion. Teaching him to protect those who can't protect themselves. Teaching him to view pain and disappointment as an opportunity to grow and learn.

Let him experience failure but also be there for support. Teaching him when to be forgiving and passive is just as important as teaching him to be aggressive and protect himself and the ones he loves.

The thing is that he's going to have moments when he doesn't step up and defend himself when he should. He is going to have moments where he is manipulated by a woman. He is going to have more moments of weakness than strength as he grows older but the important part is not to try to train him to prevent these things in his life but allowing him to experience them while also giving him the knowledge, structure and support to pick himself up and learn from these experiences.

Let him see you be strong. Let him see you be vulnerable. Let him see you choose compassion in a situation where you could of easily chosen violence. Let him see ALL the parts of being a man, not just the tough parts.

That's how you raise a thoughtful, insightful individual, because at the end of the day you can train any creature to be aggressive and unwavering. It takes a real man to raise someone to be a leader who other people look up to.
>>
>>17954039
Very simple. Let him be independent. Tell him to clean up after himself and tidy up messes. Let him think while doing homework. Make him do homework on his own. Get him interested in proactive programs.

Most important of all, do not ever help him.
>>
>>17954121
What if his mother has strong urges to help him when things get tough? I can imagine it would be harder for a mother to let her child work through difficult problems without her help
>>
>>17954121
OP again. I feel like if he needs help I should verbally give my recommendation but not do anything for him
>>
I'm a very independent person and my parents did two main things (that I can think of right now).

- Go out a lot (like 40+ times a year). Explore an abandoned castle in the mountains. Let that experience the thunder storm on a cold little island. Let them climb trees, feed the horses etc. Just do stuff.
- Talk about philosophy etc, not imposing anything just being open minded and thinking freely.
- Back off when they are about 8-10. Let them go out and come back as they feel like. Hopefully they are smart enough to be a leader among local kids (or an least totally independent) by the time they are 14.
- Be a bit useless, it'll force them to take success into their own hands.
- Have them confront gangs early.

Yeah you can't predict how this will go. Just don't be a freaking helicopter parent.
>>
>>17954110
That's beautiful
>>
>>17954067
Oh boy, a paradox!
>>
>>17954039
I recommend Mack Daddy by Larry Bleidner for any new or expecting fathers

Bleidner is a father of two himself and it's a great book that puts into perspective what the father can do for his kids and not just how he can help out the mom
He really goes into depth about raising strong and independent children too so it has what you're looking for OP

Also its pretty funny which makes it an easy read
>>
Does anyone here have a son who is a kissless virgin past 18 years of age? If so, what the fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>17954039
teach him the value of manual work
>>
>>17954110
This is real good and basically what I was gna say
And I would add that OP you have some really fuckin childish views about masculinity man you need to grow up a little
>>
>>17954563
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>17954055
It's not exactly that easy, anon. Kids are mean sometimes. He will get bullied, and at first, he'll either be an "aggressive asshole" and get mad or he'll get sad and stand down. He'll learn how to deal with what's thrown at him in time, but he's not going to magically know in advance how to deal with these problems. Teach him to see things from other people's point of view, and also that he defines who he is, not the words of others. He'll figure it out from there. Of course, if he asks for help, give him help.
>>
>>17954675
Lol big man
>>
my uncle gave me a three pronged rule
1. never hit a woman.
2. never start a fight
3. never lose a fight.

it's worked out alright for me.
>>
>>17954039
better question, how do I raise daughters that don't want to dress sluty or be gold diggers? my oldest is so drawn to that mind set even at an early age. I try to discourage IRAs much as possible but it's like inherently I her nature or something. like it's so prevalent around her she is just attracted to it.
>>
File: TXtupJs.jpg (237KB, 1439x1408px) Image search: [Google]
TXtupJs.jpg
237KB, 1439x1408px
>>17954912
>>
Don't spoil him, and show him necessary support. That's mostly it.
>>
>>17954039
Teach it to suck and fuck an ugly ching chong piggu bitch and make him realise ugly women is all he deserves in life lol that'll teach him.
>>
>>17954912
That's nice to see, but this isn't a movie.
>>
>>17954918
Can't change her nature. All women are like that. You just have to learn to accept it.
>>
>>17954039
No joke, check out the new God of war game. I know, i know, it sounds stupid to taking parenting lessons from video games, but hear me out here.

Checking out the new god of war game, i noticed how Kratos would raise his child.

In other forms of media when a father and son goes hunting, the son is usually a yella-belly. He doesn't really understand the need to shoot and kill prey. The father would usually lash out, be angry, come to an impasse, leading to a distancing between father and son.

Im the demo, Kratos' son was still scared of killing the moose. Instead of yelling at him or giving up, quiping that he has a pussy son, he guided his sons hand holding a knife to quickly put the moose out of his misery.

Life is more complex obviously, but for a god killer, kratos' patience really impressed me there. Even when his son accidentally shot him with an arrow, Kratos didn't make him feel bad. He just told him not to fuck up next time.
>>
Teach him to fight, take him to the gym during puberty, play outside with him.
These things all boost testosterone, which makes men alpha
>>
ITT: Peoplemail projecting their insecurities onto OP'so son, including OP.

As a general guideline, you should encourage traits you like. Discouraging traits you don't like is less successful. Don't lock yourself into an ideology that you may come to regret later and always be prepared to admit your ideas were wrong. There is no doubt some of them will be.
>>
File: the funeral.png (135KB, 711x778px) Image search: [Google]
the funeral.png
135KB, 711x778px
This whole thread is terrible because people have different ideas of what they'd want the kid to be.

Expose your kid to a bunch of things, encourage him to work hard. Let him pick what he works hard at. Work with him not against him.

Its not so important that he does the right things so much as he fosters discipline and an internal drive to accomplish things.

A kid trying to be a pro COD player and pouring genuine discipline in it is going to be better at choosing and accomplishing goals than a kid forced to be a normie. Don't let him turn of critical parts of growing up to focus on a goal but foster the drive and determination.

The relationship you have with your kids mother is going to effect his relationship with women.

Be balanced in how you treat your kid's sucesses and failures. Focus on how much effort he put into the attempt vs the results.
>>17954110
Be the cuck SJW's want!
>>
>>17954110
This.
>>
>>17955979
that's not fucking true, I'm a women I'm not like that. i dress modestly except when im trying to be sexy for my husband and that's in private. I also am the main bread winner so not a gold digger either. that's why I'm so bothered by my oldest acting that way, it's not how we raise her
>>
>>17954675
annndddd...

exactly their point.
>>
By example. Be a good father figure, don't be a bitch. Discipline him when needed and show him respect as a man so he will respect himself.
>>
>>17956136
hmm
almost like liberals are better people than conservatives
;)
>>
>>17954039
Maybe you should reevaluate your own views OP.

Start off by not shitting on the part of your wife's body that will be bringing your son into this world by calling it weak.

Besides that I think independence is a good way to foster strength.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.