[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you settle/lower your standards? I'm considering

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 1482133977921.jpg (86KB, 737x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482133977921.jpg
86KB, 737x700px
How do you settle/lower your standards?

I'm considering dating but I'm put off by the problem that I'm not really a catch. Not attractive, overweight, bad personality, etc.

But my standards for what I'm attracted to are too high relative to what I could realistically get.

Is there a way to fix this?
>>
Why don't you better yourself instead of lowering your standards?

It's a win/win really.
>>
>>17953948

If you think of it as "lowering our standards" it won't work. Start looking for the good on others. In other words, start hanging out with girls and go out with those that like you.
>>
>>17953950

It's a lot of work. I tried going to the gym and did it for a few months but gave up after a while. I'm not interested in any sports.
>>
Anon my friend, this is why we invented rape
>>
>>17953965

there's no 'way' to do it, you just do it. you find someone who likes you and if you at least click personality wise, you make it work.
>>
>>17953979

OP was talking about working out, not picking girls up.
>>
File: 1480373485344.jpg (500KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1480373485344.jpg
500KB, 1280x1707px
>>17953948

Stop worrying about standards.

Find someone you're attracted to and have a connection with. If you're not attracted to them and you don't connect with them, find someone else.

If you have trouble finding someone you're attracted to and connect with then begin to analyze the reason WHY you desire certain things in a partner. Is it because its what you really want for yourself or is it because you're concerned about how people would view you if you found yourself attracted to someone who society didn't find desirable?

Stop trying to put life into metrics; the 1-10 scales and all this bullshit that tries to force human connection and relationship through this predetermined equation. Its just not realistic.
>>
>>17954002

Thank you, that's good advice.

Honestly, though, I'm pretty alright by myself. I know I shouldn't rush into dating or anything like that if I don't really feel like I need to, but: I'm 26, a KV and not getting any younger. I want to have sex with someone young that I find hot.
>>
>>17953981

what? no he wasn't.
>>
>>17954131

I was. You mentioned self improvement, I talked about such (ie. getting fit). That's the most obvious form of improvement isn't it?
>>
>>17954131

To clarify, my original post is about dating and hooking up.
>>
>>17954172
>That's the most obvious form of improvement isn't it?

Economical and emotional stability is pretty hot too. I'm pretty sure a weak guy that has his life in order will be attractive, while a muscle-bound poor bitch with low self-esteem will have so blocks on the road.
>>
>>17954185

Oh, good point. I mean, I am employed at least. I have little to no ambitions though and no plans for the future.

But as I said I'm a 'bit' shallow so appearance would be the first thing I concentrate on. I'm no oil painting and I'm overweight.

There are a lot of mediocre looking women out there who I'm not attracted to. I worry that's limiting my pool of people I could have sex with.
>>
>>17954193
>I worry that's limiting my pool of people I could have sex with.

By the way you talk, you being a little overweight doesn't limit the pool of people you can date. Having no ambition AND going around talking about "mediocre looking women" is your problem.

Have you even moved beyond how a girl looks? Ever talked? Ever dated? You know, had an actual connection?
>>
>>17954200

My terrible personality, right.

I'm fine with talking to women, I have female friends. ("but some of my best friends are women!") I've never done or tried to do dating though. I've never really felt a connection with anyone.

Closest I got to anything like that was telling a co-worker at an office party that I thought she was pretty when I was drunk, and it went nowhere.
>>
>>17954217
>Closest I got to anything like that was telling a co-worker at an office party that I thought she was pretty

Again with only superficial details. Dating includes more than looking pretty. Try to get to know a couple of girls until one strikes your fancy. Hopefully one that likes you back...

Keep doing it for a while. You should eventually hit pay dirt.
>>
>>17954224

But I don't really have that much interest in other people. I certainly don't think I could get along enough with one to share a living space, I haven't done that in years. I once spent 2 weeks traveling with my very best friend, and by the end of it we were glad to be apart.

I'm concentrating on the physical because that's what's making me want to pursue dating; I don't want to only have sex once the women are all middle aged.
>>
>>17954239
>I'm concentrating on the physical because that's what's making me want to pursue dating

Here's an important detail: Do you want to fuck or do you want to date? Are one-night-stand acceptable for you, or are you looking for a relationship?
>>
>>17954250

I honestly don't know. I'd like the former, but I don't know if that's the best way to experience sex. I keep reading how it's better when you love the person you're fucking, but I don't know how I could get to that position.

Plus I don't think I'm attractive enough to do casual sex, at least not with women I'd be attracted to. Which leads me back to my original point, lowering my standards. How do?
>>
>>17954265

Read what you write: You blame your looks AND your personality. You want sex AND a relationship BUT you hate people.

You don't need to lower your standards. You need to sort yourself out and figure what you want and what you are willing to do to get it.
>>
>>17954172

he literally asked how to lower his standards about dating women in the OP.
>>
If you know your personality is bad, why ever would you want to date anyone. Improve yourself or kys scum, no one wants the risk of you procreating.
>>
>>17954268

I don't hate people, that's a bit strong. I just don't feel a need to be around them a lot of the time.

>>17954285

No!
>>
>>17954311
>I certainly don't think I could get along enough with one to share a living space

You are right, you don't hate people. You just have no interest in them and don't think you can share. Those two things are pretty crucial to dating, though.

I love how you focus only on that and completely ignore the rest. It tells a lot about the situation.
>>
>>17954314

What does it tell? I usually think I know all about myself but if you have some insight I'd like it please.
>>
>>17953965
What a pathetic fuck. Just be a wizard with that attitude. Christ, I'm can't-work disabled and I got a wife. She's not a sexy nympho but she's cute and likes seeing my dick spurt and, more importantly, she's not a cunt.

You know how I got her? By walking until my lungs screamed and not eating all the food. It's not fucking hard, it just takes some commitment. Don't you want that much out of your woman?

Fair's fair, wizard-bait.
>>
>>17954346

That's a fair cop. I wish I could do that kind of thing, as it is I can't even commit to one videogame at a time. Guess I'll be a wizard then.
>>
>>17954384
If you're going to be a lazy ass, embrace it. Have fun, wizard.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.