[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have extreme social phobia and plan on going to a party for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

I have extreme social phobia and plan on going to a party for the first time next week. I have a buddy with me and we plan on taking 100 ug LSD both.

Is this a good idea to become more aware with oneself and find ways to cope etc or will it make me a pranoid mess? Also, do you have control about what you are saying while tripping, is there any chance to accidentally tell a secret?

Thanks in advance bros
>>
Pretty controlled in what you say but your thoughts are in a stream that never stops

Most people recommend that LSD be done in very calm environments and with people you actually like. As someone that has had social phobia in the past I would highly recommend not doing it at a party. If you must, go somewhere quiet and secluded. You don't want to have to make conversation with ransoms its hard as fuck. But then again everyone has different experiences and it could even be good for you but I wouldn't experiment that hard on my first time.

My personal theory on LSD is that you get what you want out of it. Wether you believe it'll get you to connect with your spirtuality, help you reach a grand realization or just have a good time, it probably will.

Pro tip: if you start tripping out and having bad thoughts change your setting, stand up and move somewhere that's more comfortable
>>
>>17953766
o shit man, are you sure you want to take LSD in an environment where you might be extremely nervous and uncomfortable? i'd seriously advise against that, personally. I'd advise just alcohol and/or weed for a social even youre not comfortable with. LSD could be fine if its not too large a dose, but IF you've never had LSD before it could fuck you up
>>
If its a party with actual conversations thats stupid fucking idea, if its like a rave then its a good idea.
>>
>>17953766
if it's your first time taking lsd, i say nah, it could end up with you paranoid and terrified as fuck, it could also be great fun but with your extreme social phobia i dunno if that's likey. I advise you to stick to weed and alcohol and make sure you've tried lsd in a safe comfortable environment first.
I dont take lsd (though i have mates that do) but i'm super introverted an usually nervous and uncomfortable at parties. Usually drinking makes you feel less generaly uncomfortable, and weed is likely to become more liekly to become more aware with oneself as you put it. But for my that usually manifists in me realising i'm bored, and kinda wanting to leave and/or just relax with some good friends, but also no longer being nervous and uncomfortable and seeing the interactions for what they are than through my usual nervous social filter.

that kinda ended up rambling but i hope it helped a little anon
>>
Do not do this. LSD is an extremely potent drug assuming what you have isn't garbage... which if you bought from a street dealer it probably is. That's assuming its actual LSD too. An environment filled with strangers had a higher chance of being a great recipe for disaster than of curing your social phobias.

I recommend reading about the nervous system if you want to understand your problem. Anxiety will never go away. It's a mechanism that kept all your ancestors alive and though we live in an much safer times its still working at full capacity as when we were hunter gatherers.
>>
>>17953766
I would avoid taking LSD for the first time anywhere but home with people you trust. Psychedelics can be a fun experience, but also have the potential to be very scary and overwhelming. Doing any drug for the first time in a party atmosphere can be tough, but I'd say psychedelics moreso than others just because the potential for a bad trip is a lot higher than with other things like stims and depressants
>>
File: 9YwaYCH.jpg (54KB, 625x415px) Image search: [Google]
9YwaYCH.jpg
54KB, 625x415px
>>17953766
>or will it make me a pranoid mess
Yes. Even if you wouldn't have social phobia, doing LSD at some random party would be a bad idea. That you have social phobia makes it far worse.

>do you have control about what you are saying while tripping
You do have "control", but you won't really be able to say what you think anyways. Reagrding LSD trips control is a bad word anyways. If you plan on being completely fully control of yourself while you are on LSD, you set yourself up for failure. While on psychedelics you are confused most of the time. Most people end up gong through thoughts like
>am I acting normal right now?
>is this how you behave? am I doing this right? or am I being weird and embarrassing right now?
>i don't really understand what's normal anymore
and when you actually try to force it to be under full control, you will get anxious and paranoid as FUCK. Which is why if you do LSD, especially when it's your first time, you do it with a small group of friends in and environment you know and like. Not at a party when you have social phobia, lol.

>is there any chance to accidentally tell a secret?
Maybe.
>>
>Lsd
>cure social anxiety

no, prepare to be shattered. you will probably have some hours of fun, followed by more doses at a letter date, getting high as fuck but don't downplay the damage lsd has already caused whole hippie generations. sure you might get ahead but speaking from experience you will probably have your mental stability compromised, at the least, permanent brain damage and long term issues identifying your reality correctly are far more likely. eight years later and I still cannot separate the devil and aliens from my reality. stick with softer stuff or if you must go heavy please use natural like mushrooms or peyote. whatever
>>
>>17953862
this guy is a moron.
>>
God FUCKING damnit I am so tired of seeing threads where people have a fucking drug problem and people respond encouraging the OP to continue their drug problem like a bunch degenerate faglords

OP here is what you do. Stay the fuck away from people who do drugs. Get the fuck off of drugs before they ruin your life. And everybody listening to this trying to encourage OP to do drugs, FUCK OFF and you get off drugs too.
>>
>>17954442
This guy is a bigger moron.
>>
No do not use LSD in a social setting if you have a social phobia.

I'm a social butterfly and LSD makes me extremely paranoid around people. I usually trip with myself or 1-2 people max.

Last time I took LSD in public I thought everybody was the enemy and there was going to be a terrorist attack any second.
>>
>>17954453
He's right.

I've been down that route. If OP wants to learn to socialize he needs to bite the bullet and do it sober. He can't spend his life high to get through social situations
>>
>>17953766
Don't do it

And most of all DO NOT underestimate the ability of LSD to take your deepest darkest fears and repressed emotions, and force them to the forefront of your mind for hours at a time to the point where you want to curl up into a ball and literally cry. Even "small" doses like 100ug

Do it in a calm environment with a REALLY close friend, if you have one
>>
>>17953766
this is how it starts.
You try that first lsd hit

2 years later youre a druggie begging for money on the streets.
>>
>>17953766
If you trip for your first time in public you will freeze up when you start hallucinating in a group conversation.

Auditory hallucinations are easy in busy environments so you'll act like either a loner or a guy having a bad trip
>>
>>17954799
And it's not just anxiety, it's not just fear

It's wondering whether you've literally gone insane

"Did I fuck my brain? Is this a research chemical and now I have brain damage and this is how I'm going to be forever from now on? OMFG why do my lips feel so big? Why is my mind so clear? Everything makes sense now - I've always been insane and this is just my realizing it

Nobody told me because they didn't want to scare me, and now I've realized it for myself, I've ALWAYS been insane, and so is everyone else! And I was the only sane one before, and now I've joined them all! This is a historically horrible moment for humanity

^shit like that, it can happen to your mind, it makes you have weird thoughts that don't make sense but you 100% believe them, don't have this happening at a party
>>
>>17954809
I still love the idea of some NEET not used to house parties just showing up tripping dick and he just shuts down.

A few girls that used to come to my fraternity's parties always tried different drugs on the insistence of this (bad kind) druggy faggot who was a brother.

A lot of times they were on shitty acid (nbomes like 25i) and would break down and need to be taken to a quiet room to calm them down and bring them back to something close to reality.

Now do that with a NEET... god I shouldn't be erect
>>
>>17954806
Truth, best way is never to start, it's never worth it. Seen it happen to too many people.
>>
As some others said, bad idea.
Don't do LSD for the first time in that kind of setting.
LSD isn't for partying.

If anything, take MDMA
>>
>>17953766
I did 300 ug my first time because I was underestimating the drug. Needless to say I freaked out a little but managed to keep my cool and not break down. Even at this high of a dosage I managed to control what I should and shouldn't say pretty well, I just became awkward as Fuck. Any other time I've done it i get so damn awkward and weird, but that's just me. My advice would to not trip at a party because you don't know the vibes you'll get on it. I love going to parties but when I do LSD I like to just chill, stay sedentary, maybe walked around, and stare at the ceiling.
>>
>>17954442
>>17954619
I'm pretty sure everyone before that post was telling OP it was a bad idea
>>
Honestly LSD ain't shit like it's hyped up to be.

If you take 100ug then it's just gonna give you like, a buzz. A bit of wavy vision. You won't be off to the land of the fairies on that kind of dose brother.

Just make sure you don't drink much booze, and definitely don't smoke any weed. Those will mix with the effects of the LSD and amplify it, which is not something you really want if you are inexperienced with the drug/anxious about the environment. I personally find weed to have a VERY potent effect when coupled with LSD, leading to disorientation and confusion that I wouldn't otherwise feel.

On occasions I have lost awareness of whether I am speaking out loud or thinking in my head but don't worry too much, it's not like you are blabbing away without realising it. You just kind of forget about your body while you think, and then for a second you think "Oh crap I better not have been saying that out loud..." and most of the time you probably weren't.

TL;DR You'll probably be fine, but don't mix it with other drugs until you know what it does on its own.
>>
>>17953766
Never EVER trip when your anxious
>>
>>17956085

I should also add to this that nah, whatever you have probably isn't actually LSD. I mean sure we'll just call it acid for the sake of it, it's probably 1p-LSD or 25-i or something like that.

But either way this is the year of our lord 2017, and unless you know the chemist directly it isn't real acid. When you say 100ug you mean 1 tab, and it's probably only got about 30 on.

These guys ITT talking about aliens and losing touch with reality and shit have never taken hallucinogenics, don't listen to them. You need to take silly doses for that to happen, which in the modern drug market translates to buying way more than you should have to.

Only drugs that have sent me out of my mind were salvia and DMT. Acid is a great time, love the stuff, but treat it with respect; it's more of a slow burner than what people describe it as. You'll take it a few times and each time chase a better and deeper trip; until you realise that you are chasing a nostalgic memory from the time it was a novelty.

After that you just have to reconcile your "enlightened" worldview with the belief system of the mortals that surround you, which can be difficult. But as long as you are a relatively stable individual you have the ability to handle it. You're not gonna go off on some Syd Barrett style breakdown just because you looked at some acid once.

Like everything, just do it sensibly and make sure you don't overdo it.
>>
>>17956100
I don't see anybody talking about aliens here dude.

I agree with you it is unlikely to be true LSD. 100ug is also not ego shattering amounts either, like feeling weird, some interesting closed eye visuals if you focus, interesting acoustic effects, flanging, gonging etc, some waving, pattering and breathing, dots etc. I wouldn't be sociable though, I'd feel autistic.

I went to the gym once on 100ug and managed to have sex which is completely impossible to even contemplate, like my mind is like "pfft just imagine, the sheer improbability of such an idea" on say 300ug.

I've friends who are less sensitive than me though. They experience effects similar to me at 250ug at 400ug.

Anyway, 100ug is kind of boring, you get to feel weird for a long time. 175ug-225ug starts to get into the spirit of things for me where depending on set or setting it can be manageable or completely ... at least I can move and communicate though. 250ug-325ug is the point where I start to get ego death and I'm going to have to go immobile during the peaks.

The most difficult thing for me on LSD is finding somewhere to place these racing thoughts without going inwards. It is like your brain is working 5 million times faster than your body. You can feel like you've managed to hallucinate yourself an entire second life in the few seconds it takes you to get your bearings after sitting down. Invariably I end up having to meditate or lose myself in music or some activity and it gets really boring for me because I've been there, it isn't novel, there are not many further revelations to be had like the first few times and it goes on so fucking long. Like after 10 hours I'm bored of feeling weird and 'woke' to the nature of everything while at the same time knowing it to be an experiential delusion and I've got shit to go do, but I can't because the carpet is still breathing in and out.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.