[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going bald but I'm only 18. I've had seborrhea

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (246KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
246KB, 1280x960px
I'm going bald but I'm only 18.

I've had seborrhea dermatitis for a few years undiagnosed until recently, used CLARELUX and NIZORAL and it seems like it's completely gone, but my hair is thinning and becoming brittle. My dads bald on top and my brother who is 22 is very bald with only a light covering of hair on top.

I don't want to go bald at 18. Should I just get hair plugs? My parents think I still have seborrhea dermatitis but I'm pretty sure it's pattern baldness. What do I do?

Pic related. My hair is becoming very sparse in some places where it used to be thick only a year before.
>>
File: image.jpg (207KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
207KB, 1280x960px
>>17953014
>>
If you're going bald, there's no going against the current. Ask your doctor and if he doesn't know how to solve it, talk to your barber and ask them what they would do, maybe get another haircut that doesn't show the baldness.

Get a grip man, it's harsh but if this is what's happening, unless you're rich af, you can't fake it.
>>
Deal with it bro. I lost all my hair at age 14, alopecia universalis. You'll get used to it.
>>
femanon here

your hair at the moment looks very unflattering. honestly, just shave it off and embrace the baldness. I really think it'd look better on you
>>
I knew a few bald dudes in college, still cool dudes and still had game.shaving your head bald might also make it way easier to take care of your scalp that is what matters in the long run.
>>
>>17953497
Jesus christ stop baiting. I'm a femanon and he can just comb it over, in the meantime.

OP, get on Rogaine and Finasteride, fast.
>>
File: 55567.jpg (31KB, 548x974px) Image search: [Google]
55567.jpg
31KB, 548x974px
Just shave your head and own it. Your hair is not flattering at all and will definitely hinder your dating life, so your best bet is to go full bald and accept your new identity

Pic is me. I've posted in these threads before but take a look. I don't think I look bad and i've been bald for about a year now. I just make up for a lack of hair with extreme confidence. My other advice would be to also start hitting the gym. Get better body aesthetics and you'll attract women no matter what
>>
>>17953637
Anon, I remember your baldness thread from a few(?) months ago. Welcome back
>>
I've been eating biotin and vitamin c supplements for three years, and my hair has grown back in bald spots.
>>
>>17954385
This legit or a meme?
>>
I thought I was balding at 16 because my hair went from being super thick with a pretty good hairline to being thinner with a prominent widows peak. I thought well, fuck my life better shave it off and I did so until I was about 21.

I was dating and having the usual success I'd expect with the ladies. I don't think that it held me back. Anyway after a while I let it grow like 80's Bruce Willis long and it hadn't really changed. So I stopped shaving it and just got short hair cuts.

When I hit about 25 I was thinking well, another year old, a little less hair, a little more face to wash. Glad it has stuck around this long though. Looking back through old photos it hadn't actually changed since I was about 16-18. At that point I started to question if I was balding or not and do some research.

I'm now 34 and it hasn't really changed over all these years. I feel that going bald is in my future as all the men on both sides of the family kept hair until around age 50 at which point they all started to lose it, but I feel lucky to have the least shitty kind of balding, the kind of slow gradual recession of the hairline without any thinning elsewhere or a spot at the back.

Anyway, proper pattern baldness is caused by DHT blocking the follicles due to a genetic susceptibility in those areas. You can take drugs to block the conversion of testosterone to DHT which will slow/stop any further progression, but they carry risks because DHT is a useful sex hormone for men.

Oh I've also weight trained throughout my 20's and had the usual experimentation with supplements and stuff and ANYTHING with increased DHT like creatine seemed to increase hair loss for me. But I was already paranoid and the increases in DHT from creatine is nothing compared to working out and not trying to go vegan soy based trap mode.
>>
I had a similar problem, OP. I fixed it with supplements. AVOID ROGAINE. It will make your hair shed.

I took 10,000 MCG biotin supplements. One capsule in the morning, one after dinner.

Solaray Hair Blend SP - 38. I took two capsules a day. The bottle recommend two capsules three times a day. If you're taking six a day you'll notice faster regrowth, but once the hair looks thicker you're fine taking two a day.

I also took a supplement called Viviscal. It's got shark oil in it or some shit, but it's honestly a miracle worker. One in the morning and one after dinner. Kinda expensive but trust me it works.

Took about a month to notice results. Trimming my hair also sped up the regrowth phase. If your hair has lots of dead ends it will take longer to regrow.

Good luck OP. Drink lots of water, exercise, and DON'T STRESS OUT ABOUT IT.
>>
>>17954515
Not op, but isee stuff like this, then my hope goes down after i realize tons of celebrities are balding, and all the money they have cant prevent them
>>
>>17954522

Depends, man. There's balding, then there's just shit nutrition and lifestyle.

OP doesn't look like he's balding, just needs to take some steps towards increasing regrowth to counter the thinning. If he was actually balding I'd just tell him to shave his head, but my hair had similar thinning patterns and these supplements worked for me.

I also drink green tea daily which is supposed to help. Also be careful with your showering habits:

Shampoo once every OTHER day, not daily. Condition daily and never use hot water on your head, lukewarm or cold water only.

You can switch back to hot water after you wet/rinse your hair. Just keep hot water off your scalp.

Do not towel dry vigourously. Instead just pat dry with a towel then air dry. No hairdryers either.

I use a biotin + collagen shampoo every other day and a coconut milk conditioner daily.
>>
Ok, there is hair loss from male pattern baldness which is a thing. Then there is hair loss from shitty diet and lifestyle. Then there is hair loss from having a medical problem with your scalp.

All this talk of supplements. They might help correct bad diet and combat a bad lifestyle which is making your hair fall out, but seriously most of this shit is marginal and doesn't work. Surely any of you with 'success' regrowing hair would be better off taking the money spend on these supplements and just improving your diet?

Dermatitis/scalp problems from memory the go to solution is ketoconazole based shampoo. I've had persistent dandruff and I've tried that. It only works if used intermittently, you can't really rely upon it. What worked for me long term was reducing the frequency of hair washing and using a bicarbonate rinse with a dash of tea tree oil followed by a dilute vinegar solution instead of shampoo some of the time. I haven't really had this problem for a number of years though.
>>
>>17954564

>most

that's right, it is. That's why I recommended specific supplements and a huge dose of biotin (20000 mcg a day.)

The recommended daily value is only 300mcg a day lmao. It's fine to take 20,000 a day. That's the max you should take, though.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.