[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty inexpressive (pic related) and I have a monotone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 5646974.jpg (107KB, 475x528px) Image search: [Google]
5646974.jpg
107KB, 475x528px
I'm pretty inexpressive (pic related) and I have a monotone voice. I'm particularly quiet, even around close friends and family. However, I'm confident in myself, my job, and what I do.

Problem is, acquaintances and newly introduced persons think that I come across snobby, judgmental and so on. I mean, I'm really not, but I guess my demeanor portrays that.

I can hold conversation, make people laugh, etc., but most people would say I'm pretty shy. I'm not though, it just seems like that to them. I just like being quiet. I've accepted it and I've actually come to like it. It's just comfy to listen to people, in a way.

Anyway, why do normies perceive this as some slight? I don't intentionally mean it to be. And is there even a chance at finding a girl equivalent to date?
>>
>>17950010
>why do normies perceive this as some slight?
Because people don't generally enjoy talking to a wall.
>>
>>17950023
But that's the thing, it's not that I just don't talk -- it's that I like to listen. Sure, I'll ask some questions to get to know them or just move the conversation along, but at the end of it all I'd rather them talk more than me.
>>
>>17950010
Femanon here. Im basically like this down to a T. I just think I come off as cold, though. If you're looking for someone similar to you, there are definitely girls like that.
>>
>>17950029
People enjoy talking about themselves but if you're not giving back around the same amount of effort/enthusiasm in the conversation as they are, it gives off the impression you're disinterested overall or just being polite and listening because you have nothing to say. That's why people get the impression you're stuck up, it seems like you don't really actually care what they have to say. They're saying you're shy because they're giving you the benefit of the doubt you're just anxious to talk more, otherwise it feels like an insult to them. That's why it's seen as a negative trait.

I'm quiet generally too but if you aren't giving other people enough level of "effort" in social interactions or conversations they can get offended or go try finding someone else who will satisfy that social need better. As far as dating goes there's definitely girls out there who like "shy" guys, but you do still have to show enough interest in them/what they're talking about or they'll get the wrong impression.
>>
you can always include your quirks when introducing yourself. "hi, i'm anon, nice to meet you. i might seem like a robot at first, but don't take it personally - that's just how i am." say it like you've said it a hundred times and people usually get it.
>>
Likewise. People used to be afraid of how silent and closed-off I was, amuses me now that there were even some rumors going around about how I reminded them of a "future serial killer". Got older, fixed my appearance up and all of a sudden I was the "mysterious quiet person" now. Some boys would come up to me and confess that they always wanted to speak with me but found me intimidating, girls would compliment me but then whisper behind my back that I was "pretty but scary", etc. I'd also have some automatically assume I was a complete bitch from lack of expression and my silence, but I really had no negative intentions towards anyone, that is just how it is. I think an advantage that quiet people have is that they never really open up for all to see - people assume many things, but they can't confirm them because of our restricted vibe we tend to give off. One of the disadvantages though is definitely the assumptions, even if not confirmed as I said. They think you're creepy, narcissistic, or shy. They don't even really think that maybe we're just comfortable like this.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.