[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me my bros. I am a 3D artist. Ive worked in film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Please help me my bros.

I am a 3D artist. Ive worked in film for a few years now doing VFX as a layout artist (not actually creating anything just layout out the CG and fake cameras to be rendered - I also motion track or "matchmovbe" raw footage)...

It was always my dream to be the guy 3D modeling all of the spaceships and creatures and things but it seems as though youre either an absolute pro at it from birth or you wait until youve got 3000 years of experience before they let you do it)

SO, I took 8 months off to develop a games portfolio as I know that its easier to become a 3d modeller in games.

Well I did it!... 9 months later i'm about to move to scotland for a job at a huge developer as a junior artist. Its still not ALL modeling but I get to do some and its on a massive games title.

Today (the DAY I secure a place to live in scotland ready for my new job in a few weeks) I get a call from a Huge film based VFX company (think guardians of the galaxy) asking me if I want to do some 3d modelling work for them.

so...

-- TL:DR --

NOW I HAVE TO CHOOSE - working on one of the biggest games in history in beautiful Scotland - or HUGE bloskbuster titles in scummy scumfuck terrorist-target London (but was always my dream to model on films)

Hit me up with that advice. Dying inside. Peace.
>>
>>17949625

>have two amazing as fuck opportunities
>dying inside

i hate you so much. that being siad, i understand your struggle. its a hard thing to do.

the thing about film is that this can either be the job that leads to your permanent work... or this might be the job that just happens once and then you're struggling to recreate the opportunity for the rest of your career.

dunno what to tell ya. i want to say scottland cuz living there sounds awesome, sexy lands with accents, visiting nessie on the weekend, fondling guys under their kilts...

but i also am trying to work in the film industry so i understand the desire to do that.

worse case scenario, break it down by numbers. which one pays more?
>>
>>17949625

also if the film job is temporary, is it possible the scottland job would wait for you? i mean its a pretty big deal to say 'hey on top of what you already hired, ill now have experience in blockbuster films'
>>
>>17949625
Yeah, when you have two amazing opportunities like this just choose the one that pays more. Although, sounds like the film is a temporary thing, so maybe you can talk with the employer of the game company and he will save the spot.

Good luck anon, sounds like a good future for you.
>>
>>17949625
take the film job. if its temporary and you cant recreate that success you can probably apply for any game company with that on your resume and get in.
>>
OP here

I know its an amazing problem to have so sorry if its rubbing it in for anyone with REAL problems :(

Thanks guys. Jobs will pay roughly the same (not much - about enough for a flat's rent to myself - just)

the film job would be a rolling contract and the games on is long term to permanent

>>17949652
Job wont wait for me, no
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.