[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Realistically lose 33lbs by may with eating at a deficit? 155lbs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: jogaround.png (1MB, 1140x650px) Image search: [Google]
jogaround.png
1MB, 1140x650px
Realistically lose 33lbs by may with eating at a deficit?
155lbs 5'1, bmi obese. Eating at a little under 1200cal
Injury doesnt allow me to lift much, wrists are fucked, ankle is fucked, lower back is fucked. First walking/jogging in intervals today, went further than I had expected, apparently burnt 300 calories but I think thats unusually high for what I did (a little over half an hour)?
>>
Yoga might be your best option. You burn a lot doing yoga. Or bicycle

Also keep your metsbolism going. Dont count calories. Munch all day on fruit, nuts, etc. people who count calories usually go "oh its only 300 calories a slice so i can have 2 for lunch' kind of thing.
>>
>>17949302

Swimming is the lowest impact exercise I can think of. Just be aware that exercise is mostly about improving other aspects of your health; unless you are an athlete (which you aren't), more than half your calorie need is taken up by the basal metabolic rate which you have more or less no control over. Exercise for your ticker, not your tummy!
>>
This shit is simple. Calories in must be lower than calories out somewhere in the region of 3,500kcal per 1lb of body fat, but expect to lose more due to water weight and burning up glycogen reserves, especially if you restrict carbohydrates.

Diet is much more important than activity, it is really hard to burn 300kcal off exercising at a decent intensity compared to avoiding like, half a fucking sandwich or three spoons of mayonnaise.

Calculate your TDEE based on height, weight, age and typical activity level, take 300kcal off of this figure and plan your meals accordingly. You'll quickly figure out that lean meats and fibrous vegetables with a small amount of fat and complex carbs gives you loads of food to eat compared to trying to live on chips and chocolate.

Your body might be fucked, but it doesn't mean you can't do stretching, mobility drills, joint stabilisation exercises and work on your posture and muscular balance, most of these exercises use bodyweight or very little resistance, like a couple of pounds or a broomstick or something and it'll help you in the long run and is better than being inactive.
>>
Yeah, that's completely within the range of possibility.

>>17949361

Pretty much has the right idea. Though, I would argue that activity does play a more significant role than they let on.

A lot of health and fitness is just about feeling good and doing thing. You take care of your body, your mood improves, and you'll be more inclined to participate in activities. You feel better about yourself, and it just compounds from there.

Find out what your digestive system likes, but also remember to keep your diet varied to ensure a healthy gut. Nobody wants to run when they're bloated and gassy, right?

That's where meal portions come into play too. Small amounts of food over the day illicit smaller jumps in blood glucose levels, less lethargy, and more activity.

In all, don't just do it to lose weight. Do it to become a better you, and take the opportunity to explore and learn about your own health while accomplishing goals.
>>
>>17949321
At most levels except elite training athletes keeping your metabolism going is just poorly understood bullshit pseudoscience. You've got to get really lean, close to physical limits and concerned about minor details to worry about optimising blood amino acid levels and manipulating insulin and stuff like that to preserve lean mass while under calorie restriction and recovering from serious training. I doubt you are discussing that, so just cut it out and remember that for OP the body doesn't really give a shit about when you ate those calories during now and may.

For many used to overeating they prefer to eat once or twice a day. Multiple meals means multiple chances to overeat and it means you've got to split your calories into meagre portions which will leave you feeling deprived. Also nuts are like the worst fucking thing to eat because they are almost pure fat and incredibly calorie dense. I give up actually. You might be trolling or just really dumb.

OP calorie count like a motherfucker. Don't graze throughout the day especially while not calorie counting. Training yourself to instinctively know what a proper sized portion is will be the key to losing and keeping off the weight and clearly you've not naturally got this ability or else you wouldn't be obese.

Swimming is fairly good advice because it is very low impact and you don't mention bad shoulders. It'll be the least impactful thing I can think of for your lower back. Just realise that to hit those 600-700kcal per hour burn rates they quote on the internet you've got to swim like a fucking motorised dolphin otherwise those old fucks stinking up the pool doing doggie paddle for 6 hours a day would all be lean and ripped to shit.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.