[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else terrified of driving? I'm 20 years old and have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: beepbeep.jpg (35KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
beepbeep.jpg
35KB, 960x539px
Anyone else terrified of driving? I'm 20 years old and have never had my driver's licence. I live in a fairly rural area (rural enough that i can't walk to school/stores/jobs) and am afraid to even attempt to talk to any women because I don't think they will be willing to drive my ass around on dates and shit. Any idea how to reduce anxiety while driving?
>>
>>17948459
Practice. Small steps.
>>
>>17948459

practice. most teenagers are super fucking anxious about driving, their anxiety just overcomes that.

but just get a friend or family member, say you want to practice twice a week, find a parking lot, and start there. you'll quickly be ready for neighborhood roads and work your way up. just like any driver.

its okay anon. no one is good at driving right away, everyones nervous. i was nervous even after the 6 months of practice and getting my license.

being nervous is what makes you pay attention and not die immediately.
>>
>tfw 21 and still no liscense

I have my permit, I'm just terrified of even practicing. I live in a city on a busy street so I don't even feel ready enough to try to pull out of my driveway.
>>
>>17948459
Have you considered taking a driving school?, the actual instructors normally have a braking system on their end.
>>
>>17948459
The thing I hate most about driving is everybody is a critic. For some reason everybody turns their asshole complex up to eleven, even if they are just passengers in your own car. Driving is fucking awful and I don't understand why people like it
>>
>>17948459
I'm 21, got my license at 18-19ish, and fucking wrecked my car in an accident that could be have been fatal but I walked out unscathed at 20. I'm an avid car enthusiast, something I would have never thought to be four years ago. It's just something you have to get used to especially if you need to drive to make money and literally survive.
>>
>>17948486
Why don't you just have someone drive you to the suburbs? That does sound intimidating
>>
I tried to learn to drive when I was 17 and I didn't enjoy the process or feel connected to it in any way. I attribute part of this to my age, not being firm with what I wanted compared to the expectations of others, but on reflection is was likely because I struggled to afford it. I was going to struggle to afford a car, tax and insurance and I didn't really need a car in my life. I felt under a bunch of pressure from my parents to achieve what they viewed as a rite of passage and indicator of adulthood, but I was given no support or assistance financially so it was this massive burdensome pain in the ass which I didn't really want.

Anyway, I bought a junk car and fixed it up and then decided to sell it. My parents reaction was crazy, but then I viewed it as this kind of burden and relic from their childhood, maybe it represented freedom and opportunity to them at my age, but now it basically meant I'd have to work about half as many hours again to afford it, it wasn't going to increase my earning potential at that stage in life and my interests were academic and didn't require a car, I wanted to move to a city and bicycle everywhere or use public transport.

So I did that. I didn't actually gain my licence or get a car until I was 28 and it actually made sense to do so. Unless something is needed in your life and you genuinely want it you are unlikely to engage with it very honestly.

Learning new skills is typically harder as an adult and I had to learn to drive in a super shitty city which most people won't even take a car into because it is basically an aggressive shit hole covered in narrow roads and steep hills with double parked cars blocking everything. You literally just practice though.
>>
I'm 23, and I haven't even really considered buying a car yet. Aside from in winter, I'd rather just bike. It is pretty fucking terrifying though, especially in winter. Doesn't help that my girlfriend got in a pretty serious crash that screwed up her back, and the drunk guy in the truck with a bullbar suffered no repercussions because he drove off. She wasn't able to walk for nearly 2 years.

I enjoy the concept of cars, and I know how to repair just about anything on one, the concept of driving is extremely unappealing.

At one point, I was fairly comfortable in my control of a vehicle, but it still wasn't something I enjoyed in the city. Constantly looking over my shoulder and shit to ensure that people are able to find their brake pedals, dodging people merging without signaling or looking.. It's exhausting to think about. It's a chore.
>>
>>17948459

Hey OP I'm exactly in your shoes. I'm 20 years old and just started driving. I was scared as fuck doing it but it's actually really fucking easy. Who's your tutor? Just takes things real slow man
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.