[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spill some wise words for the naive. Tell us what you've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1481483778077.jpg (107KB, 500x637px) Image search: [Google]
1481483778077.jpg
107KB, 500x637px
Spill some wise words for the naive.
Tell us what you've learned, and what you've gone through to figure it out.
I'll start:
One of the best decisions I made last year was to let go of a toxic relationship, and I've grown from it. It's opened a world of opportunity I didn't know previously existed for me.
In essence, my take-home message is to "Never be with anyone with more baggage than you"

Your turn.
>>
>>17947808
Last year, I learned that OP is a cuck. It was a shocking life lesson for me, and it really changed my worldview.
>>
Be kind to yourself
>>
don't go against the grain of your brain. If it doesn't feel right, do what does.
>>
>>17947808
I think I'm pretty old for 4chan standards
At least nowadays
I'm 27 and I've been here for 10 years.

My ""wise words""" are the following:

Find yourself a career. It doesn't matter what. It doesn't really matter whether you like. So long as you have the potential for upward mobility.
You don't want to ever be stuck with a low earning job at my age. It kills you slowly.

Learn how to cook. You have to eat everyday. So why not be good at it. One of the few things I find truly peaceful and joyful is having music playing while I cook up a great dinner. That's goodness.

Exercise. Do it now. The younger you are, the easier it is. It feels so good. Not the doing, but the relief you feel when you're at home. And when you look in the mirror and see muscles growing? Good shit

Appreciate nature. Everyday, at least once, have a moment of looking at nature and seeing it. Really seeing it. Maybe the wind in the leaves. The stars in the skies. Or fucking raccoons in the trash cans. Just something. Look at it and feel peace.

Read old shit. The biggest problem in life is feeling alone. Read some philosophies of old European fuckers. They get it. It may make you feel sadder, but you won't feel alone.

Don't be an alcoholic. It's hard to stop and even if you do, the need is always there. It just feels so good to fall off the horse
>>
Have the courage to refuse what you don't feel comfortable doing. Never let other people to control your life.

Don't let losers drag you down. Leave those people or else they'll ruin your life.

Don't try to help people who can't be helped. It's a waste of time.

Never expect bad people to change. They generally won't.
>>
File: Frued Feel.jpg (101KB, 563x637px) Image search: [Google]
Frued Feel.jpg
101KB, 563x637px
29 here.

Do not befriend drunkards. Oh sure its fine to share a pitcher of beer with some bros on a weekend or have a few for a special occasion but, people who are constantly drunk, the ones who are well beyond one too many are the ones you shouldn't associate with. If you have a friend who's cool when they are sober but, an asshole* while drunk then you shouldn't be friends with them.

*Asshole can be angry, overly happy, sad or whatever.

Keep a change jar. Let it build up. It can save you for when you need it or boost to a vacation. Good stuff.

Similar thing with booze, potheads aren't cool. Yeah a one time experiment is okay, but, those that constantly 420 are garbage.

Dinner and a movie is a dull date idea. If you live in a hicktown where nothing ever goes on.
Cook dinner with her/him and netflix something good.

Paranoia can save your life. Listen to your gut.
>>
>>17947808
I'm grateful I can be thankful. It was a long, difficult journey getting past the toxic ignorance of my parents I inherited.

It's easy to see who is grateful: Thankful people say the word thank-you often and consistently. Ungrateful people are so busy ignoring other people that there aren't any events for them to consider civility.
>>
>>17947808
That kinda hurts though if you have a lot of baggage from parents and shit though. A nicer message would be ”Don't let their baggage become yours" imo.
>>
>>17947808
Never listen to meme-spouters. Including you
>>
>>17947808
Find the flaws in yourself and exploit them to become strengths.

e.g.
>I'm very prone to feel shame even for small things
>I don't like giving up but I'm an underachiever because I don't chose big fights in my life

solution:
>tell friends and family about what I want to do and work towards it because it'd be shameful to fail now and also I cannot give up

Another one, remember that a lot of people doubt themselves before doubting others, maybe you're one of them, maybe you're certain you can stand up for yourself, be assertive and truthful, just do it, stop the doubts. People who doubt themselves first will go with your flow and if someone doesn't and calls you out on something you can defend yourself because you know yourself and what you stand up for, right?
>>
I don't have some nice words for y'all just wanted to say that I really like these posts and it helps me.
Have a nice day
>>
>>17948033
I wish I had a friend like you, even if you're older.

You seem like an old man stuck in a young man's body in that you already know all of these things. This is something my dad would tell me, that is, if he actually acted like a dad.

Anyway, thanks
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (32KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
32KB, 600x600px
When you are asleep you do not make any effort to sleep.
Then why do you make an effort in meditation?

When you are asleep you do not have doubts about if you are sleeping good or bad way.
Then why do you think its possible to meditate in a good or bad way?

When you are asleep you still beat your heart without knowing how.

With the ways of the intellect you won't see beyond the intellect.
With the ways of action you wont know non-action.

Altough darkness gathers around for a billion years a single light removes all the darkness.
In that same way a single moment of mind's sheer clarity dispels the ignorance of many decades.
No matter how many evil or good actions you have done, the essence of mind, wich is nothing other then awareness always stays the same.

Look carefully at the world. Your entire life until this very moment is merely and nothing more then a memory.
Nothings lasts. Life is like a dream.
This dream does not make any sense.
Forget the affairs of the world and rest in your own naked awareness.

When the mind is beyond conceptual thoughts and not shrouded by emotions then mind appears naturally clear.

Mind is just that wich is aware of its own awareness.
If you think "i have awareness" you are aware.
If you think "i have no awareness" you are aware of your own awareness.

Awareness itself is not physical, it has no form or identity, it can not be touched or measured. It can not be destroyed nor created.

Knowing this, what is there to bind you?
>>
>>17948033
>Exercise. Do it now. The younger you are, the easier it is. It feels so good. Not the doing, but the relief you feel when you're at home. And when you look in the mirror and see muscles growing? Good shit

Been at martial arts for 8 years now and love it. I love watching it, love practicing it. I love stretching to be able to kick people in the head, jumping rope for dat dere cardio, hitting the pads for technique, I just love it. Had so many days that were utter shit where the only thing I looked forward to was this hobby. I think I'm not a disciplined person, if I didn't enjoy my exercise I would've stopped for so many reasons. Tha good feeling afterwards just wouldn't have been enough for me. So I'd change your tip into: in terms of exercise, search for a sport that challenges you and you love doing. You don't have to become a master at it, don't have to be a fanatic. Just love it and do it.
>>
>>17950184
Alright, this got me
>>
Rome wasn't built in a day
The best things in life are free
The cessation of craving leads to Nirvana

The measure of wisdom is when you do things that you don't like but know will benefit you and not doing what you like that you know will not benefit you

Always analyze before acting if the result of the action will cause you or others harm.

Love should.be unconditional.
>>
>>17950088
check'd and agreed
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.