[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whats a good way for me to find a roommate who wont murder me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Whats a good way for me to find a roommate who wont murder me?

I been put into a situation where I can no longer live with the person I am with now. I have until March 23rd to be out of here.

Financially I cannot afford to be on my own and currently all my friends are stuck in a lease of their own or wont become remotely available till months later.

So whats the safest way I can find a roomie? What should I know or not know? Is there a way I can filter out crazy people? Has anyone had any experience having a stranger live with them?
>>
>>17947558
Every time I've had roommates it always lead to disaster. I tried moving out with my friend and his gf. Within a month they break up lol. I tired moving out with coworkers who happened to be dating. Within a month, they started being impudent.

Honestly, it's better to live alone. Try to increase your income. Take a second job, or find a better job.
>>
>>17947571

Yeah I lived with one of my best friends and my now ex (reason why I am leaving) and that was really hard to live with my friend but granted hes not the best at being a human being.

I make good money its just I make a 380 car payment thats really killing me. And most decent places around me are at like 850+ which dosnt include internet or the water.

I heard roomates . com is a good place to look.
>>
>>17947558
not everyone is crazy, but it takes alot of legwork. craigslist works, you just need to screen carefully. How the ad is written or how someone talks on the phone usually gives you a good idea if they are crazy or not. Always meet at a neutral populated place and talk to the person. Educated, nerdy professional types are best. Still it is usually always better to live alone if possible.
>>
>>17947571
Your experience was to move in with a couple, find out that was a bad idea as the third person, then do it again? You may have found your problem.

>>17947604
Pretty much this. I've lived with 5 or 6 different randoms and a few friends over the last 10 years while renting, I had more problems with friends than with most of the others, except I also made the mistake of moving in with a couple once and never again.
>>
>>17947610
>>17947558
Also, besides avoiding couples, finding someone who's single is also a best bet. There's nothing more annoying than a dude who has a gf who essentially lives there without paying rent, and vice versa.
>>
>>17947558

most people arent lookign for a place to live their DNA and evidence all over before murdering you. most are just looking for a place to live. everyone needs one.

ive used craigslist. and while there's always issues with living with other people not a single one of them has ever been violent, none have ever even involved legitimate yelling.
>>
>>17947617
>>17947616

Those are fair points and really comforting so I appreciate the insight. I did hear a saying that some of the best roommates are strangers. I am gonna try that website I mentioned once I get paid tomorrow.

If I was to live on my own. Is having 290 reasonable to have left after living expenses? I mean thats after elec, rent, water, pet, washer/dryer, internet.

The rest is for food and gas basically.
>>
>>17947626
It is what it is, we can't tell you if that's reasonable or not, your lifestyle dictates it. I've had periods of time where I had roughly $50 for food every 2 weeks after paying bills, gas, and rent when I was younger. I didn't have any problems with it because I was comfortable with being a broke ass and was used to it, I just made sure to get large meal items like spaghetti that I could eat for a few days on 5-10 bucks worth of food.
>>
>>17947626

depedns how decadently you live. you can feed yourself at a dollar fifty per pound of meat for chicken and pork.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.