[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with going bald, /adv/? I'm degrading from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: f267fd_4323524.jpg (140KB, 960x600px) Image search: [Google]
f267fd_4323524.jpg
140KB, 960x600px
How do I deal with going bald, /adv/?
I'm degrading from 8-9 looks to 6 at best.
>>
File: 4210379_std.jpg (12KB, 184x270px) Image search: [Google]
4210379_std.jpg
12KB, 184x270px
Hey OP

I'm an average looking guy on pretty much every aspect. The only good thing I really had going for me was my hair (and my beard is alright too). But my hair, fuck, I had lustrous long black hair that covered half of my back. Even a lot of girls were jealous of it and would regularly compliment me on my hair.

Two years ago some big acne cysts started bursting on my face, and a doctor prescribed me some really strong medicine (accutane/isotretinoin).

And that fucked me big time, for ever. Just a couple of weeks after I started taking it, I started losing hair like crazy. It's been two years and my hair is STILL falling. I've probably lost around 75% of the hair on the top of my head, and I'm even losing hair from the sides and back too, so I'm not even sure if I can do a hair transplant in the future. I shaved everything last summer, but it didn't look good imo, so I started growing it back and haven't cut it since.

I can keep a decent appearance for now, but it sucks, the thin hair and lack of it is visible in most lighting conditions, and it feels like I'm just trying to hide it sometimes. If I lose all my hair on top, I'll try going for a skullet (which I doubt will work). Either way for now I'm just letting it grow, I always pull it all back now, and we'll see what happens.

But this consumes my mind every day too, anon. It sucks. I'm not ready to accept it and just shave it all forever. Still struggling with it. Good luck OP.
>>
>>17946231
>>17946283
Also, how old are you OP? I'm 25, still in college, and been single for the last 4 years. Which, naturally, makes me even more worried. As males, hair is one of the biological tools we use to impress females, especially in my case where it was super long. So yeah it sucks.
>>
>>17946231
Shave it.
>>
>>17946292
Guy from first reply here.

I shaved my hair and I definitely did not look good. A lot of people go for the "lmao just man up and shave it" argument, but men can feel bad about it just the same way women can feel bad about losing their hair (in the rare cases that happens).

Skulls with a prominent forehead look much better with a fully shaven head. Physique also plays a role, but not as big.

But then again, OP, visibly hiding it in an obvious way isn't good either, and it's not attractive. Either you shave it all off, or you manage to style your hair in such a way it you can still look confident about it. It's 0 or 100 here. Personally, I'm imagining myself letting it grow nonstop for a couple of years. At that point even if I lose almost all my hair on top, it might still look good if I pull it all back (I do feel more comfortable with long hair though).

If that doesn't work, guess I'll be forced to shave then.
>>
>>17946301
Shaving undoubtedly looks better than a patchy mess. It might not be ideal but much of the time it's the best option.
>>
File: townsend-devin-4fb98be1a6c73.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
townsend-devin-4fb98be1a6c73.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>17946283
devin looks so much better now
>>
File: 12-Mohawk-for-balding-men.jpg (35KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
12-Mohawk-for-balding-men.jpg
35KB, 500x500px
>>17946231
This looks pretty hot, can you pull this off? Plus growing a nice groomed beard is suuuuuuuper attractive :)
>>
File: Jude-Law-Faded-Thick.jpg (76KB, 355x236px) Image search: [Google]
Jude-Law-Faded-Thick.jpg
76KB, 355x236px
>>17946231
Or go for this look
>>
File: 55567.jpg (31KB, 548x974px) Image search: [Google]
55567.jpg
31KB, 548x974px
You deal with it by shaving your head and not being a little pussy about it. Pic is me, i've been shaving my head for a little over a year now and don't regret it at all. I feel more confident, masculine and generally all around better as a person. The trick is owning your bald head and not letting it appear that you are ashamed of it because if that happens then people will pick up on your insecurity. As for women, they won't care and some may even find it attractive. I mean, i'm bald and still get laid regularly, so just own it and be manly.
>>
>>17946231
Shave it, no amount of babying it will make it look better and it will just show people you care. Get some sun, grow a beard or wear stubble and pray you don't have a misshapen head.

t. a bearded bald guy with a well shaped head thank god
>>
>be me
>at 21 my hairline is already fucked

LOL
>>
rogaine?
>>
File: 1476157900107.png (443KB, 640x484px) Image search: [Google]
1476157900107.png
443KB, 640x484px
The amazing world of Hats OP! You can choose from ballcaps, fedoras, cowboy hats, berets, bandannas, skull caps, and so much more! Hide that prematurely high hairline with a top of the lone trilby! The ladies will love it and you can keep it on until the lights go off!

Wizard caps! Dunce caps! Become a fireman and wear a fire helmet! Become a cop and wear a police hat! Join the royal Marines and volunteer to guard the palace, you'll get a bitchin British guard hat! Grow out your beard, talk in a high pitch and wear a stovepipe hat like honest Abe himself! THE WORLD IS YOUR OYSTER!
>>
>>17947351
Did you make this thread again so you could post more selfies?
>>
>>17947939
I didn't make the thread, just here to encourage balding guys
>>
>>17947351
>own it and be manly
any option for balding twinks?
>>
>>17946231
Get low haircuts, not necessarily shaven.
>>
Really the best way is to just shave it now and get used to it. A bald head isn't so bad. Most women won't even care
>>
>>17946779
Can't. Hair in the middle gets patchy.

>>17946782
I'd rather shave it all instead of this

>>17948026
Thanks anon, very appreciated
>>
>>17946231
So your manhood depends on hair. What a not surprise.
>>
femanon here

dated bald guys in the past and they're fine. don't really understand why guys are afraid of losing hair, it's not going to make or break a potential relationship
>>
>>17950120
It's like how women care a lot about their make up.
>>
Shave it and start body building.
>>
>>17948669
Get a gym membership and become a top.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.