[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Be me >Afternoon meeting >Just accomplished something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Feels Bad Man.jpg (32KB, 579x584px)
Feels Bad Man.jpg
32KB, 579x584px
>Be me

>Afternoon meeting

>Just accomplished something big for the company

>Boss of branch makes a comment to me about how he's going to send me to a class that will make me more "personable, more charismatic" and tells me that I should smile more.

>Mfw he said this in front of all the salary staff that I work with and they all chuckled along with him.

How badly did I get BTFO'd and what should I do? I felt really insulted that my boss, the boss of the entire company's branch, would single me out like that, especially since I try and be a nice person and work hard to prove myself. Am I just being too sensitive /adv/?
>>
>being this surprised that employers aren't looking for an automaton, they want someone who gets along with people too
>>
>>17944803
Not OP, I think the problem is it's a very fine balance you need to have between being a happy personable person but also remaining professional so you don't seem weak.
>>
>being emotional at work
kek. that people only see you as what you are, workforce
>>
>>17944797
>Am I being too sensitive?

Yes. Lighten up. They probably only laughed because he's their boss too and it was "a joke". Just chuckle and move on.
>>
>>17944797

op - take this as a positive sign

apparently you are difficult to work with and the boss wants to help you improve

the fact he said it in front of everybody means that EVERYBODY HAS BEEN COMPLAINING WHAT AN ASSHOLE YOU ARE

thank yourself that you also are able to get lots of work done, or rest assured, instead of that class you would get fired

if you can't handle it, get some professional counseling, talk to the boss in private & ask him for feeback - do other employees find me difficult to work with ?

being self-aware of your own behavior can be very difficult, being aware of your effect on other people can be even more difficult

do some internet searching for phrases like -

how to deal with problem co-workers
how to cope with difficult people

read the little personality sketches and honestly ask yourself - do i act like that ?

good luck mate
>>
>>17944805
Don't talk like its difficult to be both.
>>
>>17944889

on the other hand, if you are some kind of super techno dweeb and are working in some kind of social environment, then maybe you need to consider a different job where you are working more with technical people instead of schmoozy sales types

example - you are numbers cruncher and have to work with all the sales people - this is almost a guaranteed fail for you because sales people are social animals
>>
>>17944803

But I feel like I do get along with my coworkers. It's a small office and I do small talk with most of the people there. I've made friends and have got in-jokes with certain coworkers. So to a certain sense, I feel like what he said was inaccurate. But I also feel like IF he had to say something like that to me, why say it in front of everyone, especially after I accomplished something big for the company (that also reflects well on him)? It was embarrassing and I'm already kind of poked fun at anyways.
>>
>>17944913
>It's a small office

i hate those situations i always liked bigger companies where i don't stand out so much

>I'm already kind of poked fun at anyways

there you go, apparently they don't like you as much as you might think

if this were me, i would start ASAP tuning up resume and looking for a better slot if you get offer before the class just tell boss - sorry it's not working out for me here
>>
>>17944797
maybe you should ask him

if he didn't know you wouldn't appreciate that kind of humor/being singled out maybe it's worth telling him
>>
>>17944797
Might be just a joke?
Ask him directly, politely, if he feels there is anything you could improve, if you are interested in that (looks like you are).... Otherwise let it go.
My 2 cents
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.