[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I’ve asked /adv/ for help on this matter before but never really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I’ve asked /adv/ for help on this matter before but never really got anything substantial

> Have a thing for a friend for years on and off
> we go to prom together after a 4 year promise to do so
> kiss at the end of the night
> says she is confused
> I go up to college
> she comes up for preview, kiss again when we see each other
> semester starts, she says she wants to stay friends. Says she has a bad past I never knew about (she changed schools and we drifted the year prior)
> crushed, ghost her for a bit. We are taking the same class though so that brings us back together
> whenever we hang out she talks about how we are gonna be friends forever blah blah blah
> during winter break I ask her if she was scared of me leaving her
> She says she was and explained the whole thing between us freaked her out. She says it was too perfect and she didn’t want to get caught up in it. She told me she originally thought it would work out (even when I initially thought it was a onetime thing) She also said she doesn’t trust herself (Assuming she means staying monogamous) and she knows that she’ll have to take this seriously
> Keep talking for the night, she says we will talk about this in person sometime
> Agree to meet tomorrow night

/adv/, how do I convince her this is a good idea? I know in my gut this will work.
>>
Hmm. I don't think anyone should be "convinced" into a relationship. Plus she said she's prone to cheating. From far out it seems like it's not worth it. Too much stalling, conversation, overly dramatized past... A good relationship should be smooth imo
>>
>>17944791
That's something I considered. I asked some people I know and some said it seemed weird and others said that it's not so weird (the convincing part). As for the cheating thing, I don't think she's ever cheated. She was cheated on and it kinda messed her up in terms of relationships. I know I'm probably not making this sound like a good idea at all based on the info I'm dishing out but I'm trying to keep it short for people to keep up with
>>
>>17944781

I wouldn't pursue anything with her at least not until later in life when you have both experienced all that you want and both happen to be single. She was kind enough to wave the MASSIVE red flag to you and respected you enough to not get into something serious with you knowing she doesn't trust herself. So respect what she said and leave it alone.

She sounds like she really likes who you are and could see a future with you but the timing is just way off, she wants to be single or date around and experience other people before she settles down with someone.
>>
>>17944849
God damn this really is just a waste of time then.

First thing i thought of when I read your post was about not giving her the satisfaction and just cutting her out of my life altogether. I feel terrible
>>
>>17944860

I mean you likely could convince her to get into a relationship with you, but you need to look out for yourself, you could be happy a few years together and then she either cheats on you, or leaves you first because she wants to be free for a while. She's a good person at least for telling you this now before anything has happened.

The rest is up to you, you could just see where things go and enjoy the ride but I wouldn't ever expect anything long term with this girl.

If you can no longer see her as just a friend then you might need to distance yourself a bit from her so you don't get too hung up and can enjoy your own life and relationships in the mean time. Otherwise you can just go back to being friends and see what the future holds.
>>
>>17944872
I'll keep what you've said in mind

I feel guilty about distancing myself though. Sometimes i forget that she cares about me like i care about her. And Distancing didn't make me feel any better the first time I did it, but neither did just being her friend again.

Would it be rude to block her on social media? Like obviously it would be to do so without telling her but, if put in a situation similar to her, would you be offended if someone explained they needed to not see you for awhile and removed you? obviously you aren't her but I'd like any input. The fact it didn't feel like she was actually gone may have had something to do with it
>>
>>17944872
Oh and second question (I guess any other anon can jump in)

How is she supposed to know she's ready for a relationship if she doesn't try? She initially thought about being one so it's not like it's completely out of her realm of possiblity
>>
Stop pressuring her into a commitment. You're being a woman.

It's not your job to form a relationship or commitment deal, your job is to make her have fun and have orgasms.

Be casual. Take things slow. Just say "I think labels will just complicate things, I just like spending time with you."

After you're hooking up with her and having fun with this casual mindset, a few months will go by and SHE will bring up relationship talk. If you've done well, she'll say something like

>So OP...are you seeing anybody else?
>No, why?
>Well....do you consider my your girlfriend?

You then have the choice to say yes or no.

>Are you saying you want to be my girlfriend?
>*Qt kisses OP and nods her head.*

Trust me, bro. Pressuring girls into commitment will only push them away. Don't label things, just have fun and hook up until she brings up commitment.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.